Since things went bad (PM)

• Thread starter zephyrphil
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
zephyrphil

zephyrphil

2X(Air cooled 12K in 30'X10' Ebb n Flow 6X4x8 trays forming a 24'X8 SOG wich stand above the 530 gallon reservoir) on a flip Both room are equip with 8 inch fan extractor,can filters,watercooled CO2 generators,6 oscillating fan and a shared water cooled 3 tons AC

It been almost 10 years that I'm growing . I've been running this garden since 5 years now. The three first years where great I add an average of 22 pound per crop. Happiness and routine where well installed

...till we decide to change genetic for a market reason.
So our good old Blaze has to be change for something else ...we first tried to find a new supply of clone but it was hard so we decide to build that mothership in an extra storage adjacent to the room We needed 600 units + per month so we built this 10'x10' room with all the work and supply needed.

This was a terrible mistake !!! As you all probably know introducing plant from someone else is a big risk but when you need to roll you roll with what you have ....The three genetic we add were weak and didnt produce we had something one of them was Purple kush ending purple with a good look shinning and all ,but no nose and no potency Therefor we kept looking for a good genetic but kept rollin with what we had

THEN we start discovering the plague... MOTHER F%#$G PM was inside the building + spider mite I took me a year of discipline and extra work to get it out . I add to kill all the mothers growing new one from scratch while I tried to beat the mildew that was invading both of my crop ...It was terrible I almost did a burn out ...But I read a lot on it and a lot here in the farm.

I was really ashamed cause it's the kind of stuff that you think only happen to unorganized folks wich I'm not ...and this terrible thing was killing all my pleasure of growing .

I tried pretty much everything Except Eagle20 wich was hard to get in my country ...My only hope was to find a good genetic that will be strong enough to withstand powdery mildew .

And it's finaly happen a friend of us introduce us to an amazing genetic that saved us. The strain was strong enough to be side by side with an infected plant without having any symptom !!!

So we were able to rolled out of the that pm story ...but that wasn't all summer was arriving and who say summer says a lot more heat ...so that almost controlled spider mite presence become another fight ...Then the mother start to look bad and I had to take a two month break cause I hadn't enough clone .

Cool time came back with the winter and I was ready to start again ...but again thing weren't back to normal ...

But this is another story...

Thanks for taking time for reading this

Let me know what you think is the best ebb n flow rockwool cube SOG watering schedule ?

Peace

X

X23hausted

So much depends on the size of your Rockwool cubes, the strain your running, the temperature and humidity of your room, your nutes, etc. I run hydroton because its disposable, cheap and is almost impossible to overwater. When I ran coco and rockwool I only watered once a day in my SOG ebb and flow during flowering and once every two days in veg. With my hydroton I flood every 3hrs in veg and every 2 in flower and have noticed amazing results in comparison, most likely bc of the increase in oxygen.

I am very sorry to hear of all the problems you have endured and I can only hope it will get better. My only suggestion would be to better control your climate. You mentioned that in the summer your warmer and the winter its cooler. Cannabis is a plant that requires a constant climate for optimal results. I run all air cooled lamps that vent out all hot air keeping my day time at 76 and my night at 72 with the humidity constantly between 25-35 depending on veg or flower regardless of season and living in Colorado we have quite the variation on temperatures throughout the year. I hope this helps and let me know if I can be of any future help.

Latest posts

Top Bottom