Single Blade Leaves In Veg

• Thread starter Trentski420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Trentski420

Trentski420

Single blade leaves in veg
Hi all so I've come accross 3 plants than have started shooting out some single bladed leaves.. correct me if I'm wrong but I thought I read this can be caused be light leaks while in vegetative growth this would make sense as I think I've had a slight light leak since I've setup a propagation chamber to root some clones (they almost finished now;believe I will just let them finish without moving few more days can't hurt)

R

rascali

Nodes are too close or you've overdosed the plant with some kind of hormone. The second is irrereparible, but if you see the main stalk nodes are stacking closer than an inch apart, snip off every other node More if the spacing is really tight). Doing this allows enough stem for the growth hormones exuded from the growing tips to dissipate and reduce the "static".

Trentski420

Trentski420

Ya lots of ugly growth I pruned most the ugly growth and tiny nuglets.. I did give a tiny overdose of nutes but no hormones...What do you mean nodes are too close or I overdosed with hormones?? You make it sound like I put the nodes too close

Trentski420

Trentski420

IMG 20170301 200315789
IMG 20170301 200412342
there is definetely a lot of gnarly growth in there I noticed when pruning that most of it and basically every single blade leaf was emerging from one of the tiny buds that had formed when sexed

Trentski420

Trentski420

Here are the after shots I don't like how the tops basically turned out as stumps.. but I don't have much flowering room and I am in no rush with these girls they have plenty of time to perk up
1488422193649 812083951
I removed basically all of the nodes is this a bad thing? Or only really if I wanted them flowered and harvested ASAP? They have 30 days minimum in veg before flowering space is available..
I'm currently in middle of my 2nd grow these girls would be my 3rd going into flower and so far basically all my plants have had 8-9 weeks of veg under them.. as far as I know this is all positive are there any negative sides to this? I think I've heard nute deficiency may come into play more often when you get past 1 month?

pugliese63

pugliese63

Ahh well they are from seed but I did flip to 12/12 to find sex and "re veg" this what you refer too correct? This was my 2nd guess forgot to mention my bad

Yep. That's what they look like after a "re veg". Takes about 10 days to 2 weeks before growth will return to normal.
I wouldn't remove any more material from them. You've stripped them back pretty hard. This will slow them down for sure but they should come back.
I've re vegged many a plant post flower. Most important is to leave enough leaf material on the plant.

hermit186

hermit186

Be very watchful this is the kinds stress that will turn a rock hermie
At the stems where they branch is where the Nanners will form you don't have more
than a day or two at most to catch them. They start pushing pollen much faster than normal.
In the future cut the main stalk early if your bushing out then cut each sprout and you will get 4 base limbs which will make the bush stronger. There are also cases mostly in the White Strains that take several weeks to return to normal and then they make as many a 8 and 12 leafs anyway way past normal but looks weird smokes just fine.
I have read that when you see it start to happen hit with something like Riso canna and the plant starts making new roots even if is an older plant. It will reduce the recovery time use it twice as a foliar spray not very heavy is a chemistry thing. After 6 or 7 days add some enzymes to produce the chemistry for the roots. I grew a lot of white.
Need regular light for the picures

Latest posts

Top Bottom