Single Branch Brown and “Scorched”

• Thread starter Maximum_Relaxation
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Maximum_Relaxation

Maximum_Relaxation

Hello,
New grower here. One of our plants has a single dead branch. It started out as a nice healthy branch, but over the course of a few weeks, it has completely bit the dust.

Any thoughts on what this could be?

We’ve been watering every 2-3 days. No nutrients given to the plant, just water. Planted in fabric pot, with about 10-15% perlite.

Single branch brown and scorched
Chad.Westport

Chad.Westport

What is that where it meets the stem? Is your main stalk dying off in spots? Sometimes when things go limb by limb it can be soil aphids but yours is very unusual. Colors on the rest of the plant are gorgeous.

Maximum_Relaxation

Maximum_Relaxation

What is that where it meets the stem? Is your main stalk dying off in spots? Sometimes when things go limb by limb it can be soil aphids but yours is very unusual. Colors on the rest of the plant are gorgeous.
Thanks, yeah it sure is something to look at! It does appear that it may be spreading, possibly. I’ve recently noticed one other branch starting to yellow now, but it still looks fairly healthy, and that branch doesn’t have any weird stuff going on where it meets the main stem. I’m going to keep an eye on it, and see if it gets any worse.

Maximum_Relaxation

Maximum_Relaxation

cut it off, all it’s doing now is rotting and it’s getting into the rest of the plant, when it started dying did the fan leaves start changing colour at the same time?
Yes, it first started to yellow and curl up, and then eventually shrunk and browned out. I have one other branch starting to do the same thing now, but it still looks fairly healthy.
I was going to cut it off(the dead one), but had second thoughts. I believe I will do so now.

Thanks for the assistance!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom