Single Bud SOG Grower's

• Thread starter GR33NL3AF
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

I've been growing this way for awhile now but have been switching mediums and have not had a chance to really dial a room in. I'm now in coco beds and will be for the long haul.

I'm a firm believer in over vegging to give the plant a better opportunity to produce more bud but sometimes this bites me in the ass....Whether it's my space between lights or wasting electricity when shooting for that BIG yield.

I've short vegged (2-3 days) with 3.75 plants per sq. ft. in rockwool and only hit 7# from 6000w then I over vegged (2-3 weeks) with 2.4 per sq. ft. in Roots Organic beds and hit 15# from 6000w.

My question: Those of you growing this way, how many plants are you running per sq. ft., how long do you veg and what are you averaging per bud/plant?

GR33n

legaleyes13

legaleyes13

Sheesh, man... you're killin' it with the 2-3 week veg.

Are growing perpetual? If so, how are you wasting electricity?

Oh yeah, question from another thread: Do yo ph your bloom khaos? And do you spray the underside of leaves?

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Sheesh, man... you're killin' it with the 2-3 week veg.

Are growing perpetual? If so, how are you wasting electricity?

Oh yeah, question from another thread: Do yo ph your bloom khaos? And do you spray the underside of leaves?
I'd be killing it more so if I was ahead on veg, right now I have to veg under my 6000 watts. Very soon I will be vegging under T5s and saving time and money. I have 4 rooms doing this..

I've never pH'd my bloom kaos spray and I saw a HUGE difference with my SD's this round. I spray under them as much as I can, I think the effects will be greater the more you can hit the underside.

legaleyes13

legaleyes13

I'd be killing it more so if I was ahead on veg, right now I have to veg under my 6000 watts. Very soon I will be vegging under T5s and saving time and money. I have 4 rooms doing this..

I've never pH'd my bloom kaos spray and I saw a HUGE difference with my SD's this round. I spray under them as much as I can, I think the effects will be greater the more you can hit the underside.

What do you mean by ahead on veg? But yeah, vegging under the same lights that you flower w/ does seem excessive and a waste of time as well, but it's also adding to your yield, so... that's something to thin about I guess.

Thanks for the advice w/ the khaos... and good luck.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

What do you mean by ahead on veg? But yeah, vegging under the same lights that you flower w/ does seem excessive and a waste of time as well, but it's also adding to your yield, so... that's something to thin about I guess.

Thanks for the advice w/ the khaos... and good luck.
When I veg under T5s they grow much faster compared to throwing them under 6Kw and easing them into it. They put on thicker stalks and tighter nodes as well.

drknockbootz

drknockbootz

In my beds 25 per 4x4 2 week veg usually fills up the canopy perfectly for majority of strains. Thin lanky strains I would put more. Really Short bushy plants 16 or 20

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

In my beds 25 per 4x4 2 week veg usually fills up the canopy perfectly for majority of strains. Thin lanky strains I would put more. Really Short bushy plants 16 or 20
What kind of numbers are you hitting with that plant count?

dankemhunter

dankemhunter

I've been growing this way for awhile now but have been switching mediums and have not had a chance to really dial a room in. I'm now in coco beds and will be for the long haul.

I'm a firm believer in over vegging to give the plant a better opportunity to produce more bud but sometimes this bites me in the ass....Whether it's my space between lights or wasting electricity when shooting for that BIG yield.

I've short vegged (2-3 days) with 3.75 plants per sq. ft. in rockwool and only hit 7# from 6000w then I over vegged (2-3 weeks) with 2.4 per sq. ft. in Roots Organic beds and hit 15# from 6000w.

My question: Those of you growing this way, how many plants are you running per sq. ft., how long do you veg and what are you averaging per bud/plant?

GR33n
I am running recirculating drip RW 6 and 8 inch blocks. What exactly are roots organic beds? Can I put them on my flood tables? I am vegging for 2-3 weeks. Loving it so far

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

I am running recirculating drip RW 6 and 8 inch blocks. What exactly are roots organic beds? Can I put them on my flood tables? I am vegging for 2-3 weeks. Loving it so far
The beds I ran were 5' x 10' x 8" beds of Roots Organics soil, so unless you scrapped the rockwool and filled your tray with medium then this idea wouldn't work for you. It sounds like you're on the right track anyways.

Sense posting this I have lowered my numbers but I will say without a doubt the massive plant count SOG growing is the most efficient way to grow.

dankemhunter

dankemhunter

The beds I ran were 5' x 10' x 8" beds of Roots Organics soil, so unless you scrapped the rockwool and filled your tray with medium then this idea wouldn't work for you. It sounds like you're on the right track anyways.

Sense posting this I have lowered my numbers but I will say without a doubt the massive plant count SOG growing is the most efficient way to grow.
Yes sir I'm trying to keep plant count over here so vegging for about 3 weeks and sticking 9 to 12 depending on lankiness fills out my 8 tables perfectly. I just purchased this medium called FWOK from hydroponic research. I'm going to fill individual spill trays with holes in them and set my blocks on that so the roots can grow into something. 8 tables isn't enough though haha! I want to have my hands full!

jitty bo

jitty bo

was these the same strains @GR33NL3AF and it seem like the beds are doing great for you period

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

was these the same strains @GR33NL3AF and it seem like the beds are doing great for you period
I primarily ran Sour Diesel for my single bud growing but discovered that the beds were a great environment for root growth but created massive humidity requiring a commercial grade dehumidifier to handle.

lollipopman

lollipopman

Just started 25 per 4x4 bed, one bed full of strawberry & cream other I have 3 dif strains, 3 week veg under t5, numbers idk haven't had a bed harvest yet.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Maintaining that many plants at such high densities must create unique challenges.
It's really not bad at all. Obviously you need your environmental factors dialed in but growing like this requires allot of initial work but thinning, watering and harvesting are all very convenient!

View attachment 440296 View attachment 440297 Just started 25 per 4x4 bed, one bed full of strawberry & cream other I have 3 dif strains, 3 week veg under t5, numbers idk haven't had a bed harvest yet.
Looks good lollipop, keep us posted! The tallest single buds I grew were around 4', Sour Diesel...and they produced like crazy!

Top Bottom