Single Finger leaved cuttings

• Thread starter FarmerJoe
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

FarmerJoe

I had to leave my cuttings for a while, they were fine but now I've come back they've stretched but not to fussed about that. Main thing is they've gone really horrible and got 1 finger leaves now, possible causes are heat because its 31c(87f) in there(This will be sorted out soon though). Also roots coming out of bottom of plastic cups and drying up. I mainly want to know the cause of the single finger leaves, if I can sort that out don't mind waiting for them to sort themselves out. They will be transplated soon anyway and moved to a bigger veg room but want to know whats caused this so I can stop it on the next batch. I think I've said the problem but just want to get a better opinion. They've been in there 3 weeks. Heres pictures of before and after :mad0223:

Single finger leaved cuttings
Before
K

kansasgrown

I'd probably bet it is caused by stress (rootbound compounded by heat).

G

Gorrillagrower

The one time I saw a 1 fingered leaf situation was when a plant was reverted back to veg from flower. Just a thought.

D

Dr Herbal

Kansasgrown is prob write most likly stress but Did ya take the cuts of a plant in 12/12 ive had 1bladed leave a few times from doing this should be ok once there potted up
Or it could be if you took to much leaf off when taking the cuts :)
Hope this helps ya peace

L

lime6161

we get a few plants almost every time that throw out single leaves.They always seem to grow out of it into fine plants. After a week of 12/12 all signs are usually forgotten.

A

astartes

It could also be stress from too much nitrogen. I've had this happen a time or two with my Blue Dream cut. It rooted nice and healthy with 7 fingered leaves, but slowly worked it's way down to single blades. I cut the nutes in half and within 2 days, 7 fingered leaves were shooting out again. Hope ya get it sorted out whatver the problem may be brother!

a.

A

arpege

that happens when flowering plants start to revert back to veg state.

J

Jalisco Kid

I too think the clones were taken from a mom with flowering hormones in her. It usually takes about 3 nodes of growth to straighten out. Suerte JK

Top Bottom