single leaf cannabis

• Thread starter GreenGalaxyFarm
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

hi guys i joined yesterday and have so far been liking the forum, im growing from capetown south africa. hope to learn and help out new growers. anycase i have a interesting plant going outdoors, it came up from a throw away seed but it litterally only grows a single leaf on "fan". so now im thinking to clone her oh yes shes a girl. reason being why im thinking to grow it is that i would probably never have to defoliate them. but surely there must be some downside right any thoughts?

josefrahl

josefrahl

Welcome aboard!!!

I'm sure there is a tradeoff. 1 leaf is less space to absorb light. I know there are Ducksfoot strains that only have 3 finger fan leaves, but they seem to be treated more as a novelty like Freakshow, than as any benefit. ✌️

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

WhatsApp Image 2022 12 05 at 065139
WhatsApp Image 2022 12 05 at 065145

transplanted early morning, into 15L pot of coco biochar hydroroks mix. the wind was giving me hard time taking nice pics sorry

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

I thought plants throwing single leaves are somewhat stressed like a revegging clone or plant for instance never seen a natural single leaf strain?
its very weird grew my first plant around 2006 never seen this before in my own garden

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

but it goes away with clones? this plant tho atleast it has the one leaf could have been worse

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

Basic Sativa construction --- interesting plant
yes, my best geuss is this is a swazi gold pheno. the girl survived the transplant to pot atleast, but still going to grow her outdoor

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Welcome aboard!!!

I'm sure there is a tradeoff. 1 leaf is less space to absorb light. I know there are Ducksfoot strains that only have 3 finger fan leaves, but they seem to be treated more as a novelty like Freakshow, than as any benefit. ✌️
I live in an area where Ducksfoot is a thing. At first I thought it was a variety that has some ruderalis in it but I'm not so sure. The freakshow strain is crazy though.....

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
hi guys i joined yesterday and have so far been liking the forum, im growing from capetown south africa. hope to learn and help out new growers. anycase i have a interesting plant going outdoors, it came up from a throw away seed but it litterally only grows a single leaf on "fan". so now im thinking to clone her oh yes shes a girl. reason being why im thinking to grow it is that i would probably never have to defoliate them. but surely there must be some downside right any thoughts?
When you say "throwaway seed", what do you mean? Do you know anything about the variety it came from? You live in South Africa, what kinds of varieties do you tend to get down there? It looks like a particular variety, landrace, heirloom? I'm not very knowledgeable around cloning and how traits can manifest so I'll certainly defer to others on this. But check out "The real seed co." and "Kwikseeds" for great info on landraces and heirlooms.

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

throwaway as in picked out of the bud before grinding and tossed into the garden not expecting anything to pop up, happens a lot here as we are only allowed to smoke and grow in privacy of our homes here. anycase the pure landraces i have access to here are congo, malawi and swazi. other than that afgani i've heard of but never seen anyone grow personally

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
i checked out the kwikseeds site they dont stock swazi maybe i should start breeding ey lol
I understand the concept of throwaway seed, I really meant what varieties you get where you are and how confident you are in the genetics of the strains you get when you buy weed........unless you're buying from growers. As far as the Swazi, if you have access to a true heirloom or landrace maybe they would be interested in preserving it/working with it. It will certainly be interesting to see your single leaf flowered and matured. It's interesting to see what people in other countries naturally have access to. Maybe you could keep some records (and pictures?) of the weed you get, and track the seeds you get from them and how those resulting plants look, act, etc.

Top Bottom