single mum with multiple dads

• Thread starter greenthumb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

greenthumb

can i pollenate with one girl with 5 branches and cross with multiple males of different types indica/sativa and get different seeds from all crosses?

K

koopa troopa

imo, that is too hard to control. you will get too much mixing. i think weed pollen is less than 100 micrometers, so they would be floating all over. some would work as planned, but the best way is to have separate isolation chambers using clones off the desired mom. more controlled, but expensive.

S

smellychronic

I think it can. I would bag off each branch you'd like to pollinate. Then only do each branch at a time, rebagging them afterwards. then spray down each branch with water to clear off remaining pollen. maybe?

K

koopa troopa

you might not know what you get right away. some will look similar to your mom and the others to the males. then you will get intermediate phenos and unless you have the eye for it, then it would be hard to tell sometimes.

in theory yes, but 100% reliable methodology, no. there are other ways to go about it, but for more successful determination of offspring, it is key to have a controlled environment.

Latest posts

Top Bottom