Siphon Issue/Flooded Floor

• Thread starter Billygoat
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Billygoat

Billygoat

Ok Farmers,

I'm having an issue and need a little help. I've just setup one of those Sun System Ebb and Flow bucket systems and I'm loving the design. Well, after I've gotten everyone all setup. I did a run to look for any leaks. Well to my surprise, not one leak. The only problem I'm having is the pump that fills the controller. Is siphoning the 55 gallon tank into the controller. After the time kick's off the fill pump. So, I got a surprise after heading out for lunch. Had about 30 gallons of water on the flood.

I've read I have to break the vaccum and there are a couple of ways.

1. installing a Back Flow Preventer.
2. Drill a hole to break the Vaccum.

I'd like to do number 2, but I'm a little confused on how it is done. If I drill a hole in the line. Won't I have a leak when the pump kicks on to fill the controller?

Installing a Back Flow Preventer would be possible, but since it's 1/2" soft line. I would have to rig up some barb's to work with the units at Home Depot.

I'd really like for someone to explain how to drill the hole and break the vaccum.
Thanks,
BG

whitewidowweed

whitewidowweed

put your hole in the water line above the max water level but inside the rez so it will squirt back into the rez

Billygoat

Billygoat

put your hole in the water line above the max water level but inside the rez so it will squirt back into the rez

Man, I really feel like a bone head. lolol Thanks, I should have know that. :) That's why I love you guys.
Thanks,
BG

Edit: Drilled a 5/64th hole and the problem is fixed. The hole doesn't even squirt anything out of it. It bubbles a little, but that's it. Ran a cycle and going to run another one, but it looks like the Vaccum is broke. Thanks again whitewidowweed.

Now, I can load these Grape Skunk and Pineapple Cheese :)
Thanks again,
BG

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

Man, I really feel like a bone head. lolol Thanks, I should have know that. :) That's why I love you guys.
Thanks,
BG

Edit: Drilled a 5/64th hole and the problem is fixed. The hole doesn't even squirt anything out of it. It bubbles a little, but that's it. Ran a cycle and going to run another one, but it looks like the Vaccum is broke. Thanks again whitewidowweed.

Now, I can load these Grape Skunk and Pineapple Cheese :)
Thanks again,
BG

Better to be a bone head and ask, then screw it up bad. LOL

Billygoat

Billygoat

Better to be a bone head and ask, then screw it up bad. LOL

Ya, lol. I think today I was a double bone head. Must have dump about 30 gallons on the floor. Plus, I should have known about drilling a hole. Any ways, I'm greatful for the help and the system is running like a champ.
Thanks,
BG

Latest posts

Top Bottom