• Thread starter sixstring
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

cobpanda

Six ,
My skill level =0 My first attempt at being a scientist
Thats why all the dumb questions
After studying for weeks and weeks and (which I have never done) and with all your advice the setup i am going with is
2 tables of 10 4 gall pots.
Each table of 10 under 4 x qb288 (if not 10 pots how many do you suggest?
was planning scrog perpetual harvesting 1 table every month therefore 1 flower table would be a month ahead of the other
So 10 in clone dome for 1 month 10 in veg 1 month
And 20 in flower 2months (1 month apart.)
And not buying all those t5s :) just asking what you t5 you reccomend to keep flower tables stocked.
So in short
Is my veg time long enough?
How many 4 gal pots under 4 qb288 running hlg240h 2100b with dimmer
How many t5 bulbs needed.
And do I need mothers or just clone from veg b4 moving to flower.
So yeah I have NO skill lvl atm
I think I am ready to purchase just need to tie up those loose ends with the Sixstring tick of approval
Over and out
CobT5Quantum#@confusedpanda

sixstring

sixstring

im not going to read through all those datat sheets to find the max current of those damn strips because theres way too many of them to keep up with.anyhow it says 1.12 test current and 168lm per watt so anything over that will prob drop .i guess you want to drive them at about 700ma for better efficacy but i dont know what that would be.if this is for a flowering lamp be prepaired to mount these very close together for top performance.
these or quantum boards i will say quantum every time.the qb's are packed tightly on the board for a reason,plus they are much easier to build with imo.as far as those strips,tell me how many you wanna drive and i could find a few drivers pretty easy

sixstring

sixstring

Just read up on the rapidled $95 cree xml2 led kit and watched growmou5 he has a 10 pot system under 1 of these kits therefore 2 of these kits might work for clone dome and 4 week veg?
this would veg 2x as many plants as that lil led kit http://growgreenmi.com/grow-lights/fluorescent-lighting/sun-blaze-44-4-ft-4-lamp-24-plt
your gunna need to limit your questions to just a few at a time or stuff will get looked over here,i been in a snowplow truck busy with work so be patient lol.

sixstring

sixstring

Six ,
My skill level =0 My first attempt at being a scientist
Thats why all the dumb questions
After studying for weeks and weeks and (which I have never done) and with all your advice the setup i am going with is
2 tables of 10 4 gall pots.
Each table of 10 under 4 x qb288 (if not 10 pots how many do you suggest?
was planning scrog perpetual harvesting 1 table every month therefore 1 flower table would be a month ahead of the other
So 10 in clone dome for 1 month 10 in veg 1 month
And 20 in flower 2months (1 month apart.)
And not buying all those t5s :) just asking what you t5 you reccomend to keep flower tables stocked.
So in short
Is my veg time long enough?
How many 4 gal pots under 4 qb288 running hlg240h 2100b with dimmer
How many t5 bulbs needed.
And do I need mothers or just clone from veg b4 moving to flower.
So yeah I have NO skill lvl atm
I think I am ready to purchase just need to tie up those loose ends with the Sixstring tick of approval
Over and out
CobT5Quantum#@confusedpanda
ok so you have your plant numbers down and it looks fine.why dont you tell us what size areas you plan to use for these 3 or 4 different spaces? much easier for any of us to help with lighting when we have some basic info,unless you have unlimited space and want help with grow room design in which case there is a section here for those type questions. i used 1500-1600w of t5 lights in a 8 x 10 with space to move for veg and flowered in a 12 x 20 with 12,850w call it 13kw flower.worked well. im using about 1000w of led and t5 now for veg and flowering in a 7500w flower room.not full yet so not sure i have everything set but im confident it will work better than my old setup.

Mo fire

Mo fire

Ok cool thanks! I wanted to drive 6 of the strips. Yeah I'm about to order some quantom boards ! I'm Excited lol what's your thoughts on qb vs cobs? Seems like quantum boards easier to set up but I know each got there place. I'm going to quantum boards for my first led experience then prob cobs somewhere down the line maybe. I'm coming from cmh and hps lights which I been using .

sixstring

sixstring

Ok cool thanks! I wanted to drive 6 of the strips. Yeah I'm about to order some quantom boards ! I'm Excited lol what's your thoughts on qb vs cobs? Seems like quantum boards easier to set up but I know each got there place. I'm going to quantum boards for my first led experience then prob cobs somewhere down the line maybe. I'm coming from cmh and hps lights which I been using .

Forgot to tell you stay away from Alibaba boards,they are not quantum.
You can however get hlg authentic quantum boards from Amazon now.
Qb vs cobs it's very very close.what I will say is the boards are more easy to build with being 4 sided instead of round.no thermal interface needed,and simple wire connectors built in.plus I think watt for watt they are a tad lighter weight then a cob rig.high power Vero cobs will have an advantage in taller plant setups but it's slight imo. If ya packed a room with qb I don't think there would even be a disadvantage over cobs

BombBP

BombBP

@sixstring do you think I'd see that much of a difference in growth from vero vs citizen? Would it be worth the extra $? No complaints about any of the chips I have running atm besides the lil ass cree cxa1304. Those would probably be great for clones. I want to try vero but at $40 a piece I don't want to be mad at myself if I didn't see a huge difference.

C

cobpanda

Thx again six i do appreciate it and yes im setting up my rooms planned on 1 veg 2 flower perpetual was planning 1 month veg 2 month flower using clones. I was planning to have 2 seprate tables to flower 10 plants for each table(under 4 qb288) and harvest 1 table per month.( do u think flower tables should be in 2 seperate rooms to get walls closer or just run both flower tables in same room
Sorry about all the questions im damn confusing myself :)
Thx for the sunblaze link I think ill hold off and get 2 qb120s when there back.
Appreciate all the help with everything

sixstring

sixstring

@sixstring do you think I'd see that much of a difference in growth from vero vs citizen? Would it be worth the extra $? No complaints about any of the chips I have running atm besides the lil ass cree cxa1304. Those would probably be great for clones. I want to try vero but at $40 a piece I don't want to be mad at myself if I didn't see a huge difference.

Bro you should be able to find the Vero for around 28 to 30 bucks each,40 bucks is cree pricing.

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

I have 3 Amare Tech COB hybrids and one BML SPYDR 600 which is all ~ 10w monos (run at 50%= ~ 320w). I ordered mine as a mix; ~ 85% CW/NW/WW + ~ 5% 450s, and 10% 630s. I really like the uniformity of coverage over a larger area up to 4 x 4. Both do an excellent job

sixstring

sixstring

I have 3 Amare Tech COB hybrids and one BML SPYDR 600 which is all ~ 10w monos (run at 50%= ~ 320w). I ordered mine as a mix; ~ 85% CW/NW/WW + ~ 5% 450s, and 10% 630s. I really like the uniformity of coverage over a larger area up to 4 x 4. Both do an excellent job

Feel free to drop a pic or 3 of that spydrx fixture in here so people know what your talking about.nice that you are able to custom order the spectrum

C

cobpanda

Hi again six
I just joined the club and ordered my qb288 and plan to put them in pairs running up to 120w per board so 240w Problem is the 8 slate 2 heatsinks are going to cost me $350 US inc shipping am I better off buying a aluminum anodized plate pricewise and what size and thickness plate per 2 boards?
Or do i bite the bullet and get sinks ?
I dont want to put all these awesome lights together to burn them out .
Any advice please

Top Bottom