Size Matter?

• Thread starter McDaver
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
McDaver

McDaver

what pot size? growing in a 4x4 tent with 5 gallon grow bag. Plant size is a 30 to 36 inch plants. Do I need 5 gallon or will 3 gallon grow bag be large enough?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I use 4 3 gallon nursery pots in that space. Used to be 5 but as I gain experience my plants keep getting bigger. :-)

I transplant up from 16 oz. cups to 1 gallon to 3 in veg for a good dense root ball. If you are in too big a pot the roots tend to grow out and down and then just circle. With a good healthy full root ball you can get away with a smaller pot and still grow a decent size plant.

But a larger pot offers more buffering for mistakes and holds more nutes so as with everything there is a trade off.

We harvested this POW 33 last night. She is about 30"x30". If it meets our dry average for this kind of phenotype it will yield around 4 oz of good buds. If I wanted a bigger plant I would transplant up in veg to a 5 or 7 and wait longer to flower.

Last year I would likely have gotten 2 oz from this plant in this pot under the same 600w hps. So it all depends on your garden style and needs.

IMG 4624
IMG 4625

McDaver

McDaver

I use 4 3 gallon nursery pots in that space. Used to be 5 but as I gain experience my plants keep getting bigger. :)

I transplant up from 16 oz. cups to 1 gallon to 3 in veg for a good dense root ball. If you are in too big a pot the roots tend to grow out and down and then just circle. With a good healthy full root ball you can get away with a smaller pot and still grow a decent size plant.

But a larger pot offers more buffering for mistakes and holds more nutes so as with everything there is a trade off.

We harvested this POW 33 last night. She is about 30"x30". If it meets our dry average for this kind of phenotype it will yield around 4 oz of good buds. If I wanted a bigger plant I would transplant up in veg to a 5 or 7 and wait longer to flower.

Last year I would likely have gotten 2 oz from this plant in this pot under the same 600w hps. So it all depends on your garden style and needs.

View attachment 669948 View attachment 669949
thank you!! nice looking plant, is that in 1 of 4 in the 4x4?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

thank you!! nice looking plant, is that in 1 of 4 in the 4x4?

Thanks.

Actually I have an open bedroom converted but yes pretty much. Some plants don't quite fit but I have 3 lamps in the flower room overlapping.

Sometimes it is only 3 and a half plants in that space lately.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
In that tent You can do up to
25 ..2g
16.. 3g
9... 5 gallon

1 plant? Get a 20-30 gallon tote hahaha

1 plant I'd do in a 75-100 gallon pot in a 5x5 tent. Then I'd train the shit out of it, maxing out the tent with a field of cola's.

Latest posts

Top Bottom