Skateboarding Farmers In Co?

• Thread starter SmokyPockets
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SmokyPockets

SmokyPockets

What's up farmers? I'm a lifelong skater and a fellow grower, I wanted to know if any of you guys skate? I know there are tons of top notch outdoor cement parks , all over the state, and now with rec legalization , I'm really hearing Colorado calling my name for a visit. I'm 41, and have a family so I won't be hitting the streets , but skatepArks are just my speed these days. Anyway, any input as far as parks or good spots for getting beans or cuts( yep , I'm an outsider and don't expect private breeders to share held cuts) but a reputable source maybe ..... Thanks everyone

SmokyPockets

SmokyPockets

Yeah I know Rec didn't just happen , but youngish kids and general life was a solid hold up... Yep

SmokyPockets

SmokyPockets

Hmmmm, yes .....I see. And what exactly is 41 damn? I'm guessing it's, yah know .... A skatepark. Any more info? Town ??sounds scary too... I like that . Thanks for the avatar comment , BW has been around doggie

SmokyPockets

SmokyPockets

Hahahahahaha, damn that's funny. I see that now, I am pretty crusty in the mornings and did not read that correctly.... Thank you for pointing it out. Yeah I'm 41 , but I've been skating my whole life , lived in CA , worked in the skate industry .... I never stopped, and I'm still in shape. I mean I WILL probably get hurt , because I said that but that's all part of the fun .

muir

muir

Nederland has a nice park for where we are. I like taking the kids to the Winter Park spot. Apex Center in Arvada is my favorite that I've gone to. I tried to get back into it for a few years but at nearly 48 now, Im gonna abstain was never good enough when I was young anyways.

WhoopDeeDoo

WhoopDeeDoo

Yeah I'm 41 , but I've been skating my whole life , lived in CA , worked in the skate industry ....

Hey Smokey… welcome to the farm bro!

I too skate and currently live out here in redondo, ca. i've been hitting these streets (all over LA) and parks since I was 11 years old and i'm roughly your age now so yea, i've been around too. :)

If you ever decide to visit the coast again, hit me up! i'm usually down in Venice, Santa Monica or even Hermosa every weekend!

SmokyPockets

SmokyPockets

Hey Whoop, thanks homie, glad to see some skaters on the farm . Thanks for the invite, I lived in LA for a while , Santa Monica , used to skate that lil shitty park at Venice sometimes, but now there is a nice park on the beach . Yeah man, I lived there in 2000-2001.... I moved out with Donny Barley( grew up together) and ended up in an Element house with all the ams. It was cool, but I wasn't a teenager anymore and didn't have my own room or anything , so that shit didn't last .

SmokyPockets

SmokyPockets

@muir , thanks for the input man, I appreciate it. I am definitely planning a trip soon and want to research some parks and some spots to get beans or cuts . Hey , skateboarding is rough man, I have a good friend who used to ride , kinda same situation as you , and tried to get back in , but broke his wrist and missed work and all this shit . So , yeah man, be careful , you should cruise around get the feeling back, but don't get crazy , keep it mellow .

WhoopDeeDoo

WhoopDeeDoo

Hey Whoop, thanks homie, glad to see some skaters on the farm . Thanks for the invite, I lived in LA for a while , Santa Monica , used to skate that lil shitty park at Venice sometimes, but now there is a nice park on the beach . Yeah man, I lived there in 2000-2001.... I moved out with Donny Barley( grew up together) and ended up in an Element house with all the ams. It was cool, but I wasn't a teenager anymore and didn't have my own room or anything , so that shit didn't last .

Whoa, small world… i've skated with Donny a couple of times so i'm sure we've crossed paths or at least skated the same spots. I grew up here on the beach, so I mainly grew up and hung with DogTown and SantaMonicaAirlines (SMA) when they were still around. Those were the guys that inspired me early on when I was once sponsored by Z-Roller trucks and wide boards were still in style. lmao!

Yea, the smaller park in Venice is now plagued by rollerbladers and freestyle bikers anymore, while the Big park is reserved mainly for us. (skaters) I was just there all day yesterday in fact. Love Venice!

SmokyPockets

SmokyPockets

Hell yeah buddy!! We probably have skated , I was pretty hurt for the majority of my stay , but we used to hit all the big spots, courthouse , Santa Monica triple set, the black ledge off the stairs on the beach ( Venice I think, maybe just up the beach a ways ) skate lab in simi. You must know the crew from juice magazine , I know Jim Murphy well, from back east, but we went to Juice HQ and met Terri and Dan , awesome folks , love that mag .

SmokyPockets

SmokyPockets

Z Roller!!! I love it, you still have any of those trucks? That is some real deal LA , Venice OG shit right there. You should be proud of that , I'm psyched for you !!

SmokyPockets

SmokyPockets

Nice, snowboarding is at the top of my list, of things I need to learn. Yeah 33 years of skating and I haven't ridden a snowboard since the 1st batch of burton boards... All pointy and made of wood Hahahahaha ... Early 80s

SmokyPockets

SmokyPockets

@frebo that's cool man, definitely a nice trophy there. Collectors pay big bucks for things like that...you can a few packs of beans out of it.... Depending on your vendor of choice.
Glad to hear from the skaters!!

organicpanic

organicpanic

Just chimming in, ive been on the shred sled for over 25 years. My older brother longer and he still rips. Donny Barley was always a favorite to watch on vid. Fast and flowey. Skate or die!

SmokyPockets

SmokyPockets

Fuck Yeah!! @organicpanic
That's awesome, I knew there had to be more grower/ skaters ....almost all my old skate crew from around New England grow now. You in Colorado , Organicpanic?

Top Bottom