Skilled guano/castings & soil users what is the importance of ph?

• Thread starter mrpurplestuff
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mrpurplestuff

Skilled tea and soil users ph importance discussion- Well i use fox farm happy frog and ph tends to be 4.5-5 run off and about the same using soil meter. After brewing the teas the ph is 4.5-5 maybe lower. The plants produce quality smoke and look healthier than people who grow in hydro and coco using advanced nutes with the same strain(go figure that one right?) But I read all the time that optimum ph is 6.2-7 for soil. So will balancing the ph bring large or better plants? So the tea is as follows 1-2 tbs of guano from sunleaves (all types go acidic), 2tbs of worm castings,5 ml of liquid karma, 1 tbs mollasses, 1 tsp honey, per gallon of distilled water. Now i have tried to add ph up from AN and It won;t budge at all. i had some results with lots of baking soda but it took like 1 tbs per gallon to hit target range of 7.0 and i fear that this is way too much baking soda for my plants. Can I add lime to the foxfarm soil before planting or should I use bloodmeal and if so how in the tea? Not soluble in water right? This is somethingI want to understand.

S

Skunkenstein

I always use 2 tbls of powderd Dolomite lime per/gal. of Peat based soil{Black gold,Promix}when I'm Initially mixing my soil.The Dolomite Lime is very important, it provides ph buffering to the soil and all the Crazy acidic Guano's and Blood meals.Plus it provides Cal/Mag.Mary jane just loves magnesium, without the Lime you will see cal/mag deficiencies without a doubt..especially in flowering.Be very careful when using the Blood meal, it's Hella powerful and provides Nitrogen longer than it should,which can affect flowering.I only use 1tsp per gal of soil.I have a crazy complicated recipe of ammendments that I mix by hand..so the Blood meal is only part of the picture.The base mix is 3quarts promix,2cups EWC,2cups perlite..and then obviously the 2tablespoons of Dolomite.What ammendments a person uses is personal..but a half cup of 5-5-5 or 3-8-8 per gal. would be about right.Then you could finish the Flowering cycle with your fav. Liquid nute line.Hope this helps...!

M

mrpurplestuff

Sure does- So people are greedy with secrets here like peeps i know with elite clones? not fair:( i am here to defeat that whole idea! seems many are shooting it down though as that is what they have been tought. This brings dejavu of x-tacy exp I had.....terrible feeling although i am intrieged

M

mrpurplestuff

nice tips on the forum but very little A's for my Q's. any one with more answers than dissapointments? not to be rude or anything.

dirrtyd

dirrtyd

I say yes you can add lime to the soil you are using. Here is my soil mix it is alot but it workls and gives me healthy plants. 1.5 cu ft of patio plus
1/2 cup blood meal
1/2 cup bone meal
2 cups diatomaceous earth
1 cup greensand
2 cups dolomite
2ltrs sand
2ltrs perlite
1 cup bulb food 3-8-8 with Mycorrhizae and humic acids
10lbs worm castings
¼ cup of soluble kelp
½ cup Jamaican guano
½ cup Mexican guano
Just add water.

M

mrpurplestuff

nice ..very nice. And your mix looks tops to me....Is patio plus some sort of peat mix? So what is the green sand for , i mean why do you like it? Do you add more nutes to the pots after like 2-3 weeks? what and how do ya apply? I like teas alot:) Also what does your ph look like?

S

Skunkenstein

My mix is very similar to the one listed above..I was'nt holding info back..it was just getting late when I posted.Greensand is like Electrolytes for plants..Hi in K, so it helps plants resist heat and stress..good stuff.I mix a pretty healthy dose of Ammendments in the initial VEG. mIX...tHEN i DO the rest of the flowering with a good liquid Fert.Fox farms and Whitney farms both have good dry ferts in bags or boxes that contain all the Individual ammendments I choose to blend by hand..Its way cheaper to go that route aswell.They also contain Mycorrhizae which helps the plants to easier assimilate Nutrients.I just have all these individual boxes of dry ammendments that I pick up cheap during the winter..so I end up putting my own shit together.Right now 2lb boxes of Bat guano are 5 bucks!! Thats a really good deal and hard to pass up..Hope that clears things up.

M

mrpurplestuff

Sure does skunkenstein ,I will be adding green sand for sure as i lack k in my teas or at least I assume due to the npk of my "ammendments" guanos and kelp seems to casuse the secondary nutes to lock up or out ? .. .but what do ya mean by "ones ammendments would be personal"? I should not share recipes or just not the special bits and pieces? Oh, what about greensand and ph? And can you over do the green sand? how much k will it give me and for how long?:headbang just more Q's now but ifeel good about the green sand. So what about my ph Questions???????

ogtealover420

ogtealover420

Bump...I would love some more input as this has been bugging me alot as well.:thinking

Top Bottom