Skunk Hunt/ General Old School Flavor Hunt

• Thread starter hrtbrk3n
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
hrtbrk3n

hrtbrk3n

Everything moving along steady. Got 4 rooted cuttings of the biggest plants in the middle (KOS Red Russian Skunk F2) and sending 2 straight to flower. It is just for bud testing before I do a pollination run so this is where the diary is going to get spaced out as we’ll have to wait a few months until I can sample stuff. I propagate/ vegetate/ mother in a 4x8 on 16/8 cycle with a growers choice 500w cmh in 3k temps 69-78 night and day at 60-65 humidity. I flower in a 5x10 on 11/13 cycle with 2 electric sky es300s and an es180 in the middle for a total of 860 watts temps 63-72 night and day and 55-60 humidity. Dry room is a 4x4 no fans or airflow I manually control humidity by unzipping tent slowly after a few amount of days parameters are naturally stable 65-67 degrees and 65-66 humidity.

B3C660B9 852E 40C6 ADCC 49EED9F54FF7
2C1C274B 7804 42AE 876E F0104134AB58
hrtbrk3n

hrtbrk3n

Narrowing down the room and just a general update so far in the form of pics only. I think everything looks much more manageable the only thing I will say is out of 6 regular beans I found 5 females so far from one strain which is not good considering I wanted to find a good male for seed preservation but if not I will have to keep it in clone form and maybe look at other breeding methods like selfing with reverse pollen or something? It sounds nice to try and dabble in both so I’ll have seed stock with some genetic variables and also a stable genetic clone in seed form.

DD4E56E3 385F 491C 9BB7 A494AB736724
556297F6 003B 4CAE A073 0406E371F741
hrtbrk3n

hrtbrk3n

No females yet! From left to right; 7 Gorilla 91 mostly uniform, 4 Iraqi Red Skunk mostly uniform,
5 RKS x (Deep Chunk x Super Skunk) slight variation, and 4 Texas Roadkill slight variation.

4298BD22 0E6A 4E34 A264 F0E96D5CCFE4
hrtbrk3n

hrtbrk3n

Before and After a misting 68-75F and 65-75%RH no signs of sex yet but healthy, malleable growth overall, slight nitrogen deficiency on some but that was expected since I have been vegetating in 6 inch pots for over 60 days now. No real issues.

B05DCD88 93FE 483F 84C8 DB40633DFB2E
26D006F9 28AB 463B AA1A 0145AF70EF17
hrtbrk3n

hrtbrk3n

Lord have mercy it’s a sea of green haha. Still no sex for most of the cultivars… past day 60-70 of vegetation so they are slow maturing indica hybrids but bushy as you can see! Everything has been topped once.

1CAC685F DA40 46C4 8C08 6C27E079ADD1
hrtbrk3n

hrtbrk3n

Monthly clean out I vacuum, wipe down, and mop the entire tent with microban original and boiling hot water. Gotta stay clean pests hate clean

DDAB0BAA 2AE9 4058 987D 06EE8F03318F
hrtbrk3n

hrtbrk3n

Whats the latest curious how the shoreline turns out
Flowering that right now very very very tall train wreck like growth across all plants but only 2 females made it to flower. I had lighting issues and a sewer backup twice so they are not true shoreline they’ve definitely been stunted and stressed but the bud formation is still good and thick and trichomes developing nicely. Smells faint but definitely skunky and earthy. I have more seeds so will clean up next time for sure. I’ll remember to take pics at harvest as every branch is 4-5ft long and falling over so it’s a pretty ugly plant lol it grows just like trainwreck definitely needs support.

hrtbrk3n

hrtbrk3n

Everything got removed besides plants in flower because my sewer system backed up twice while I was away and a lot of my prized girls were standing in stagnant sewer water for days soaking it in from the bottom and on top of that the breakers tripped because of the surrounding humidity from the sewer water my lights and fans were off for some time stunting a lot of my stuff along with the contamination. Finishing up 2 shoreline, 1 iraqi red skunk, 2 gorilla 91, and 3 RKS x DC/SS . 1 of the RKS x DC/SS has structure I never seen before indoor looks like an outdoor plant and has brilliant specs of purple it seriously looks like something crazy I wish I could have saved a clone of just her. :/

hrtbrk3n

hrtbrk3n

Texas Roadkill by Shoreline Genetics is a heavy yielder and m tall plant and smells very gassy and sour musky smell not something I was expecting but very very good. 9/10

Gorilla 91 by Cryptic labs is similar very heavy yielder very gassy smell just not as musky after like the Texas Shoreline little bit stronger high too. 9/10.

Red Russian Skunk by KOS average yielder short height the phenotypes were each a little different but all smoke good in terms of thc I’m an everyday smoker and full time factory worker for reference. Smells were not skunky more like afghan kush, rich incense type smell. 8/10.

Iraqi Red Skunk Hashplant by Strayfox average height above average yield came out the frostiest as the HP name suggests. Smells like a Hashplant very kushy and rich similar to the Red Russian but heavier and a little sweetness or fruitiness to it. 9/10

DCxRKS/SS by AK Bean Brains average height average yield. The smells were not strong during veg or flower,
mild towards the end, but now that they are dried for 3 weeks and jarred they are the most pungent out of the group. All 3 phenols Smell of a mixture of tea tree oil, pine, and fresh peat moss. Inhale and exhale retain the rich flavor and is very enjoyable for me as someone that appreciates petrichor. High is good not k/o but it is up there I can’t finish a blunt or joint of any of the strains I grew here without having a bad night of paranoia and anxiety. 9/10.

I would recommend all of these strains to anyone still looking at them or not sure about any of the breeders mentioned. I would do them all again. Now that I have a small stash I can focus on small outdoor runs this season I already have red Russian skunk and gorilla 91 planted we will do landrace/heirloom genetics if I can get my hands on some KwikSeeds Afghani gear ;) 💪🏾

E

echoes22

Texas Roadkill by Shoreline Genetics is a heavy yielder and m tall plant and smells very gassy and sour musky smell not something I was expecting but very very good. 9/10

Gorilla 91 by Cryptic labs is similar very heavy yielder very gassy smell just not as musky after like the Texas Shoreline little bit stronger high too. 9/10.

Red Russian Skunk by KOS average yielder short height the phenotypes were each a little different but all smoke good in terms of thc I’m an everyday smoker and full time factory worker for reference. Smells were not skunky more like afghan kush, rich incense type smell. 8/10.

Iraqi Red Skunk Hashplant by Strayfox average height above average yield came out the frostiest as the HP name suggests. Smells like a Hashplant very kushy and rich similar to the Red Russian but heavier and a little sweetness or fruitiness to it. 9/10

DCxRKS/SS by AK Bean Brains average height average yield. The smells were not strong during veg or flower,
mild towards the end, but now that they are dried for 3 weeks and jarred they are the most pungent out of the group. All 3 phenols Smell of a mixture of tea tree oil, pine, and fresh peat moss. Inhale and exhale retain the rich flavor and is very enjoyable for me as someone that appreciates petrichor. High is good not k/o but it is up there I can’t finish a blunt or joint of any of the strains I grew here without having a bad night of paranoia and anxiety. 9/10.

I would recommend all of these strains to anyone still looking at them or not sure about any of the breeders mentioned. I would do them all again. Now that I have a small stash I can focus on small outdoor runs this season I already have red Russian skunk and gorilla 91 planted we will do landrace/heirloom genetics if I can get my hands on some KwikSeeds Afghani gear ;) 💪🏾
So which of these is actually your favorite? They all sound right up my alley and I am tempted to grab some beans. Thanks for the grow report, good stuff.

hrtbrk3n

hrtbrk3n

So which of these is actually your favorite? They all sound right up my alley and I am tempted to grab some beans. Thanks for the grow report, good stuff.
All of them honestly. But I personally think the gorilla 91, Texas roadkill, and deep chunk x skunk are absolute winners for sure.

B

BudzAldrin

Why do people want to grow fake poser wannabe skunk? Does the name alone really get people that excited?

Musk is associated with 15C hydrocarbons. No connection to skunk. Gas = alkenes (that don't create skunk thiols). Afghan hash is not skunk either. Sweet fruity kush, again zero connection. Pinesol is also not skunk.

Imagine receiving a 3 cylinder Geo Metro after paying for a McLaren.. Lawsuit.

Top Bottom