Skunk hunt yeah I know it’s probably been talked about a million times

• Thread starter GoatSmoker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GoatSmoker

GoatSmoker

Does anyone know if Kevin from Wonderland nursery found the skunk he was working on? I’m on the other side of the pasture and kinda keep to myself.. I don’t even like using his first name still stuck in underground mindset so I apologiz.. I’ve just always had a lot of respect for the Man and can’t really find much more about i.. I’m a skunk nut myself don’t really play the name game because I prefer growing instead of marketing.. I had a cut and seed stock of what my mentor called “The DooDoo” and it smelled like fermented fruits and rotting animal corpses.. im just interested in obtaining his version of skunk for collecting or really any skunks someone has perfected.. so let’s talk skunks

Garbage_bear

Garbage_bear

I bought some "skunk" seeds from @I_GROW_SKUNK on here and I had 16 males out of 17 seeds. So I decided to take the smelliest stem rubs and make some seeds. At the time it was labeled as RKS and I read one account of it being very skunky.. So I am eagerly awaiting these seeds. I will report when I grow out some females.

GoatSmoker

GoatSmoker

I’ve been looking for RKS stock but haven’t gotten luck yet.. tuna is on the list too.. I’ve got a skunky OG right now I’m playing with but it’s for a different project.

GoatSmoker

GoatSmoker

I’ve been looking for RKS stock but haven’t gotten luck yet.. tuna is on the list too.. I’ve got a skunky OG right now I’m playing with but it’s for a different project.
Well they said the P was a OG but I have my doubts

Garbage_bear

Garbage_bear

I just sprouted some Pacific Northwest Dog Shit x some hash plant from Bodhi seeds. That should be interesting...

D

DrToboggan

Hey, I’m the same boat as many here. Looking for skunk! I’ve never had the real rks (whatever it truly is), so I can’t go for that. I do however recall skunky weed when I was younger.

I’ve got a few supposed skunk and or stinky (non sweet strains) going right now. So far I have some encouraging results.

I’m running Thousand Oaks F5 from omuerta genetics. Kentucky red hair skunk F2 from Oldschool chronic. Maruf black from Tony green. And 70s afghan and skunk from I_GROW_SKUNK. All are flowering right now, and I am taking notes.

I bought some "skunk" seeds from @I_GROW_SKUNK on here and I had 16 males out of 17 seeds. So I decided to take the smelliest stem rubs and make some seeds. At the time it was labeled as RKS and I read one account of it being very skunky.. So I am eagerly awaiting these seeds. I will report when I grow out some females.
I had one female from my 3 seeds that sprouted. The female in the solo cup is about 3 or 4 weeks into flower rn, and was pollinated with the stinkiest stem rub male. I also took two clones from it before flowering, to grow out under better conditions. It’s hard to get good aroma notes in flower this early, especially with all the other stinkers in the tents, but I am quite optimistic so far. In fact the clones in my other tent actually have a skunky leaf rub! Not saying this is rks or some sort of holy grail, but it’s probably the first time I’ve said “yup smells like skunk” in my short growing history.
A257F3B6 A8D0 43FA BFD9 FA2BCDD0F6B5

GoatSmoker

GoatSmoker

I’ve smoked a red hair skunk as it’s also called around here but I doubt it’s the same stuff as yours.. I know Cali has their glory and paved the way to what you see now… from time to time there would be good homegrown come through that was out of the Appalachian region that was skunky basically smelled like citrus skunk and had a sour pine taste.. which I haven’t had anything really pine tasting in years usually the strongest pine smelling/tasting stuff we called popcorn or KB.. and most the stuff someone would grow would be bag seeds of that stuff so who knows what it was honestly.. but back on to skunks has anyone tried Mel Frank Skunk?

D

DrToboggan

I’ve smoked a red hair skunk as it’s also called around here but I doubt it’s the same stuff as yours.. I know Cali has their glory and paved the way to what you see now… from time to time there would be good homegrown come through that was out of the Appalachian region that was skunky basically smelled like citrus skunk and had a sour pine taste.. which I haven’t had anything really pine tasting in years usually the strongest pine smelling/tasting stuff we called popcorn or KB.. and most the stuff someone would grow would be bag seeds of that stuff so who knows what it was honestly.. but back on to skunks has anyone tried Mel Frank Skunk?
Yeah, I watched a podcast from oldschool. I don’t know him, or his history but he seemed like a solid dude in the interview. He said he found a pheno in blue skies seeds (said he knows blue skies personally), and that was the start of his skunk project. Consensus I’ve seen online is blue skies isn’t a honest dude. However, since I’m looking for anything skunky, I’ll take what I can get.

I have skunk seeds from authentic genetics, supposedly a single reproduction of Mel franks skunk. I haven’t popped them yet, but from what I’ve seen online the reviews are meh to not bad, but not “rks”. I will pop some of the beans in my next run.

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

i saw a skunk the other day in the middle of the road im sure its been hit a few extra times but it's probably still there if u wanna go get it

GoatSmoker

GoatSmoker

i keep going back and fourth on trying out Hazeman Tuna stuff.. and basically that’s how I am when it comes to collecting stock I want the skunk smell that makes your face draw up when you smell it for the first time it’s so off putting..

Garbage_bear

Garbage_bear

Yeah, I watched a podcast from oldschool. I don’t know him, or his history but he seemed like a solid dude in the interview. He said he found a pheno in blue skies seeds (said he knows blue skies personally), and that was the start of his skunk project. Consensus I’ve seen online is blue skies isn’t a honest dude. However, since I’m looking for anything skunky, I’ll take what I can get.

I have skunk seeds from authentic genetics, supposedly a single reproduction of Mel franks skunk. I haven’t popped them yet, but from what I’ve seen online the reviews are meh to not bad, but not “rks”. I will pop some of the beans in my next run.
Yeah I ran some “skunk #1” from AG. There is nothing skunky about it. False advertising IMO.

GoatSmoker

GoatSmoker

73003FD1 DF64 4B13 8D09 88FAB00CA035

Here’s the only picture I could find of the Doo Doo. nothing fancy and doesn’t produce rock hard dense buds like people want plus smells like shit flowering 😂

GoatSmoker

GoatSmoker

goes back to some 80’s/90’s genetics best I can tell you.. the breeder came up through the camp era even had to go on vacation for awhile in the late 80’s because of the ignorance of the camp deal.. but didn’t lose all his genetics thankfull

GoatSmoker

GoatSmoker

goes back to some 80’s/90’s genetics best I can tell you.. the breeder came up through the camp era even had to go on vacation for awhile in the late 80’s because of the ignorance of the camp deal.. but didn’t lose all his genetics thankfull
Well it’s not called camp here but they based it off it

Dtekk

Dtekk

I popped a few also, and got 1 female and male and made seeds. I want to go through them also.

Top Bottom