Skunk Qabbage-AKbeanbrains-Earth Boxes-Living organic soil

• Thread starter stp
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
shaganja

shaganja

I am definitely not good at picking up on the plant's signals. I was hoping that growing "no till style" living organic would help eliminate a lot of thinking but I have had issues with each grow so far in the living organic soils. The first two grows were in Fabric pots. First one I did (4) 5 gallons in fox farms soils and the seed was bag seed and they looked awesome (Hashberry) but about 50% into flower with big nugs they went hermie on me. NO idea....light leak, genetics, stress. So Next I went all Jeremy Silva, I even imported his soil. Did a stupid thing and grew two in a (15) gallon because I figured one would turn male and I would end up with one...they were both female. They ended up alright but I had some funky leaf purpling and I thought I might have stunted their growth with too much food and stuff (all organic but I added some other Brands in too. Ended up feeling like it was just bad genetics this time, but the leaves also clawed and have for both of my grows which made me feel like they were not in perfect balance.
That takes me to this grow. 1st time in Earth Boxes, 100% because of Jeremy at BAS. These genetics are obviously unlike anything I've ever grown before. GIANT leaves that I want to cut off but I was worried it might be too early and I should let them use those for a little longer before I do. Fastest growing plants I have EVER grown....genetics or the system? I see roots in the water reservoir, that's a good thing!
Yes, when you use sips, you can see the roots crawl into the water res. And makes watering super simple. No fuck ips

stp

stp

I have a little nutrient burn on both of mine. First I thought I had lights too close because my leaves were “praying up” but I think I’ve been pushing nutrients a little hard in the reservoir. That’s why they tell you not to add anything to the water. I just started giving them water with cal mag and nothing else to correct it. What if you let the res dry out and watered the soil a few times to wash some P out? Maybe that would work?

SC69

SC69

Supporter
I have a little nutrient burn on both of mine. First I thought I had lights too close because my leaves were “praying up” but I think I’ve been pushing nutrients a little hard in the reservoir. That’s why they tell you not to add anything to the water. I just started giving them water with cal mag and nothing else to correct it. What if you let the res dry out and watered the soil a few times to wash some P out? Maybe that would work?
Sounds better than my “what the f*** do I do,” and not have any idea. I am going to hold off adding anymore P until I get a better idea. I am tempted to still use everything on the other boxes, and have top dressed the little pots twice now because the size, and how dry the soil really was when transplanted. We will see what happens with those. I’m ready to add what’s needed. It’s 6gals of soil, so, if It’s not good for use after, because I have to add non organic stuff, I’ll be fine. If I get through this run ok with the high P, I can level it a bit with the cover crop and just grow a companion (anything) and it will be ok. I’ll get a test when done. I may send one in now.

I’m flipping any minute now, so…this is where the fun starts, right?

Thanks for the advice. Some of you are going to need to send me addresses so I can send out some nice chunky thank you cards….✌️❤️🎼

Reactions: stp
stp

stp

Sounds better than my “what the f*** do I do,” and not have any idea. I am going to hold off adding anymore P until I get a better idea. I am tempted to still use everything on the other boxes, and have top dressed the little pots twice now because the size, and how dry the soil really was when transplanted. We will see what happens with those. I’m ready to add what’s needed. It’s 6gals of soil, so, if It’s not good for use after, because I have to add non organic stuff, I’ll be fine. If I get through this run ok with the high P, I can level it a bit with the cover crop and just grow a companion (anything) and it will be ok. I’ll get a test when done. I may send one in now.

I’m flipping any minute now, so…this is where the fun starts, right?

Thanks for the advice. Some of you are going to need to send me addresses so I can send out some nice chunky thank you cards….✌️❤️🎼
Im not sure anyone wants a part of that federal offense with chunky mail. It’s a nice gesture but better with those who live in your state and better if your state is legal.

SC69

SC69

Supporter
Im not sure anyone wants a part of that federal offense with chunky mail. It’s a nice gesture but better with those who live in your state and better if your state is legal.
Hahaha. Of course. I was being silly. I’m only new to the growing part….. I was the kid in the commercial that learned it by watching them. 🤣🤣.

I am now in a legal state, and medical licensed. I don’t use the dispensaries……
I’m all good. But I get your point. Not even to joke about. ✌️

stp

stp

No pics but lots of thoughts. I have had some tip burn, happened around the time I decided to moisten the soil in the boxes. I lifted the plastic mulch cover and lightly watered in some fermented peach and at the same time I gave the water some food and filled the res. A week later they had enough! I think I activated a lot of the nutrients and bio activity by adding that peach so the plants had plenty of available food in the soil and then I shoved more food down their throats in their water. They slowed down on their water uptake, got sort of droopy or half claw, and are still sort of that way. We’re into week 5 and they are smelling fantastic! I gave them water with only cal mag a few times and not much changed but the tip burn has stopped. They still look tired, but I think some of that is because I’ve got two big budding plants shoved into a small box. I added some water with peach and a little bit of Organics Alive P formula. I did recently turn up the lights to about 90% and the temp started creeping up 81-84°, the VPD was high, so I turned the lights back down to about 80% and raised the dehumidifier 5%. I had pushed the room to be drier earlier this week. Running a drier room changes the room temp and impacts the VPD so making changes can really impact the whole schbang. I should have just left it the way it was.

SC69

SC69

Supporter
No pics but lots of thoughts. I have had some tip burn, happened around the time I decided to moisten the soil in the boxes. I lifted the plastic mulch cover and lightly watered in some fermented peach and at the same time I gave the water some food and filled the res. A week later they had enough! I think I activated a lot of the nutrients and bio activity by adding that peach so the plants had plenty of available food in the soil and then I shoved more food down their throats in their water. They slowed down on their water uptake, got sort of droopy or half claw, and are still sort of that way. We’re into week 5 and they are smelling fantastic! I gave them water with only cal mag a few times and not much changed but the tip burn has stopped. They still look tired, but I think some of that is because I’ve got two big budding plants shoved into a small box. I added some water with peach and a little bit of Organics Alive P formula. I did recently turn up the lights to about 90% and the temp started creeping up 81-84°, the VPD was high, so I turned the lights back down to about 80% and raised the dehumidifier 5%. I had pushed the room to be drier earlier this week. Running a drier room changes the room temp and impacts the VPD so making changes can really impact the whole schbang. I should have just left it the way it was.
I’m surely overwatered and simply by leaving the mulch cover on. PH is out of wack for some reason. On it all. It’s frustrating and a big curve, but as said a bunch now, your experiences are helping me a lot. It’s also good to know there’s a few people doing what I’m doing, and won’t look at me cross eyed when I have trouble. Good luck!!

I spoke to BAS. I’ve added dolemite to help the PH and will now be checking water in res from time to time. They did say I don’t have to hold off on my other products and just use sparingly. I’m stiff afraid of the damn peach ferment because of those bugs, and I just really want to use it because of the way you talked about it.

I wonder if I could just tempt them away from the tent with a bowl of fresh peaches daily….

stp

stp

I have no idea the actual impact of using the fermented peach extract. I don’t know if there will be some tangible difference to be honest, the stuff just smells good! But it does have a shelf life as it’s “alive” so might think about refer or selling it to someone if you aren’t going to use it.

SC69

SC69

Supporter
I have no idea the actual impact of using the fermented peach extract. I don’t know if there will be some tangible difference to be honest, the stuff just smells good! But it does have a shelf life as it’s “alive” so might think about refer or selling it to someone if you aren’t going to use it.
Yes, I will be doing just that because I’m not using it this run. I just wanted to. I love the smell of peaches too. Ha. There is a local farmers page where they trade stuff. Someone there will be happy to have it. I already spent the money so if someone has use for it, they’re welcome to it.

stp

stp

HELP-clone issue. Im not good at diagnosing. Clone was in red solo cup and I moved it to this gallon smart pot. Using a very basic seed starter soil with some organic inputs to boost it but it’s not the new soil or the transplanting. It started doing this in the solo cup. Any ideas? I moved it and I’m trying to let it dry out. I thought too much water or the roots riot was too wet.

7C1834CC 96C5 4F7A A46B 6C6E74BB2DBA
39CD8D47 92DF 4CB6 9B46 A071AF931C22
8528C960 50D1 4E2D 90CE 07C0C87015E6
5DBCE93B 4448 4BCD 861F BEDF2128B410
stp

stp

Pm?
Beaut ladies dude regardless of that "issue"
What is Pm? Thank you. The issue I was having was with the clone I am growing into a mother. I moved the light away, transplanted it into a bigger pot and filled it with dry soil and whatever was happening stopped. The buds are getting heavy and are an amazing sweet orange smell.

Observationist

Observationist

powdery mildew
What is Pm? Thank you. The issue I was having was with the clone I am growing into a mother. I moved the light away, transplanted it into a bigger pot and filled it with dry soil and whatever was happening stopped. The buds are getting heavy and are an amazing sweet orange smell.

stp

stp

Day 50-bud pics, hit the trophy on the best one to Vote for me!
The second to last photo is the other pheno, buds grew short and fat and no tips.

C6B72CB0 FAAE 482F BAD5 089622040DE3
93F97BCB D990 4E47 A73D 9810D96ADBAD
2C4499A1 588D 413C A2DB 3F9815E60095
0688C892 704E 4E96 B72C 4FC6B611EB1B
577EBE05 B7E7 4754 BD68 C0C02C1B6B63
F15A5830 C103 4912 9ED7 719FFD49CD20

Latest posts

Top Bottom