Skywalker OG DWC on Lucas formula

• Thread starter orbad
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
orbad

orbad

Hey guys, didn't want to clutter up the journal section with such a brief entry but wanted to share what I have been up too.

I've got six gallon totes with two plants each in them. One dual outlet air pump between the two of them.

Tote #01 has coco in net pots that brought me fungus gnats. Wonderful. I've kept them at ba (week 2.5)y with pyrethrin and neem. Luckily there isn't much coco. (Week 8)

Tote #02 has lava rock because my town was out of hydro media when I needed it.

Room temps are 68° at 51% with the lights on.

So far I have been running full strength Lucas 0/8/16 with 1/2 tsp of Epsom salt during flower. I have not adjusted or checked Ph. (Well after the first time I mixed up a batch, I don't really trust my meter anyways) I add back 1/3 strength nutes every few days to top off and change out the solution every couple weeks.

So far I have only had minor tip burn when I let the water level get really low, too see how far I could. So life is good, the plants are ten times happier than they were with the AN iguana and all the other additives I was giving them when I was growing in promix HP. dumping out your media is nice too.

Let me know if you have any comments or suggestions.

Skywalker og dwc on lucas formula Skywalker og dwc on lucas formula 2 Skywalker og dwc on lucas formula 3 Skywalker og dwc on lucas formula 4 Skywalker og dwc on lucas formula 5

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

They look good, have you thought about raising your temps around 75F with RH around 55%?? Is there a reason you keep it at 68F?? good luck.

orbad

orbad

68 is as warm as I can keep it right now. I'm in a finished but unconditioned basement. I've got the Hood and tent fans turned way down to get it a bit warmer. I'm thinking of dumping the Hood exhaust into the main room that the tent pulls from. But it will take a bit of reducting.

Temps were 70-72 a week ago. Darn valley winters.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

68 is as warm as I can keep it right now. I'm in a finished but unconditioned basement. I've got the Hood and tent fans turned way down to get it a bit warmer. I'm thinking of dumping the Hood exhaust into the main room that the tent pulls from. But it will take a bit of reducting.

Temps were 70-72 a week ago. Darn valley winters.

The basement I'm using right now is cool too. I'm not using any exhaust fans or air cooled lights so my temps stay at 75-77 lights on high 60's lights off. I turn my lights off 11 am and back on 5 pm, that way my lights off cycle is during the warmest part of the day. If I didn't do this it would get in the 40's overnight. Anyways, they look like there growing good so its probably not a big deal. But when it gets colder you might want to consider switching your light cycle to something like mine, just a thought.

orbad

orbad

Mine run from three to three am right now. I did it originally for summer temps. The temp in the tent yesterday was 70° at 40%. A little low on the RH but I don't have a humidifier ATM.

I've been battling this strain for a while now. This is the happiest they have been. I had tons of hermie issue's in the previous grows. I pulled the Mars strain that I believe to be the root of the problem. It was always the easier plant to keep green so I blamed the skywalker.

My main issue now is I really don't know when to pull them. From what I've seen on the internets, the skywalker buds tend to be a little on the whispy side which mine have been in the past have. They also foxtailed on me in the past which doesn't seem to be the case this go, fingers crossed. And it was commented that they looked like they went too long in another thread.

I've read this strain,skywalker OG kush flowers from 10-13 weeks. The pistils on the top kolas are already changing halfway through week 8. The lower nugs aren't changing yet. Trichomes still appear clear, I'm red/green colorblind though so seeing amber in them always baffles me a bit, LOL.

orbad

orbad

Today's update, week 8.5 & week 3 to the day. What does everyone think about timing, I'm not sure when I should start flushing. This is my first hydro run.

2013 01 11 153330
2013 01 11 153336
2013 01 11 153323
2013 01 11 153317
2013 01 11 153238

orbad

orbad

Finally bit the bullet and ordered a BlueLab PH pen and truncheon meter. I'm excited for my girls health.

orbad

orbad

This is my purple diesel clone a buddy gifted me. I fim'd it about a week ago when its roots just reached out of the net pots and it was just starting to grow. It's really blown up since, and has a nice tight internodal spacing. I'm planning on bushing it out until its about 12" tall then throwing it into the flower room.

I gave it a pretty heavy thinning out today, I'll probably leave it be for a bit now. It was getting a lot of condensation on its leaves though.

2013 01 17 175924
2013 01 17 175951
2013 01 17 181531
2013 01 17 181542

Forgot to mention that I got my blue goo cuts rooted today too. Super jazzed about that, this strain is FROSTY! I can't wait to get it bubbling.

orbad

orbad

So after soaking my Ph pen overnight, and then calibrating it, I found all of my buckets we're over 7.2ph I don't know how they were green. So I dropped the Ph in all of them to between 5.6-8. I found my tap water to be under 200 ppm, sounds good enough to me. Now I can start monitoring the ppm and Ph. I'm excited, I hope to see an increase in growth after dialing in the Ph.

orbad

orbad

Just ordered a pound each of Jacks Professional Hydro and the calnit. Excited for it to get here, I'm going to give the 3/2/1 a run. Do I need the Epsom salt if I use charcoal filtered tap under 200 ppm's? (200 is the lowest my truncheon goes)

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Nice plants!!

Yes, you should run the epsom salt. Tap water has Ca and Mg, but alot of it is unusable by the plants. You want the Ca:Mg ratio of your nutrient solution to be on point and the salts in your tap shouldn't count towards independent nutrients, but you should count the ppm of your tap water with your nutrient solution. If you wanna be really accurate, then get an RO system or get your tap water analyzed, I think its under $50 in most area's.

If I am incorrect, someone please correct me.

orbad

orbad

I really don't trust the genetics of my skywalker, it just doesnt plump up. This could be a ph issue too though. The purple diesel is looking nice though (left plant in veg). Plus I've seen it flower, it bulks up nicely.

Pics are a few days old.

2013 01 21 190101
2013 01 21 190125

Top Bottom