skywalker og turning yellow ,fading too early

• Thread starter kushdoctor
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
kushdoctor

kushdoctor

Ok so I'm growing skywalker og and ,master bubba. I'm using h&g ,a&b,bud xl,multizen sweet raw ,diamond necter ,silica blast,cal mag + ,thrive alive b1 ,bloombastic . So the bubbas are big feeders they can take whatever I throw at em ,but the skywalkers are fading and leaves yellowing by day 35 and it seems like the ones that get more light yellow more and the ones that get less light are still pretty dam green ,not sure if I'm under feeding them ? What's the deal ? I'm at day 49 now and not cutting them til 70

H

highstandards

ive got the same issue. The ones under the center of the light are faded as could be and dropping leaves already, where as the ones at the edges of the light are still dark green and in perfect health. it looks like I just stopped feeding the ones right under the light. So i doubt its root aphids since its clear its affecting those under the light the most. The centermost one is the most faded, the outer ones are the least faded.

Lights are approximately 24-30" off of the tops (no aircooling)

am I gonna have to feed the centered ones harder? Anyone faced a similar issue?

N

nowhere

i also have same problem. I have 20 plants total all the same straind. 15 of them i vegged for 6 weeks and the other 5 i vegged for 4 weeks. only the the 5 are yellowing and its starting to turn purple. 1 is actually yellowing so much that its turning white.

B

bigd

What is the PH? My ph has been rising and I have to adjust it daily. I was having the same problem.

T

tipper619sd

same issues over here also i am using h&G also it might be a nute thing. Hope not but maybe its missing more of one mineral and thats the issue. Who knows wish i could figure it out i am at day 20 today so idk?

C

cornelious kush

I run h&g had the same prob with super lemon haze added molasses to mix everything bounced back within a week.

C

cornelious kush

Perhaps. Really dont think root aphids would affect only foliage directly under lights.

kushdoctor

kushdoctor

I may have root aphids , but it seems that its a common thing with house and garden ,think its the bud xl extracting nitrogen from leaves like its supposed to . Don't get me wrong the bud is top notch quality AAA grade.,but wish I could have them fading by day 50 or so rather than in the 30- 35 day range . And its def a photosynthesis issue there are plants in the corner of the room or foliage under the canopy that are still lush green.

H

highstandards

ive tried using the magic green early on to fix the problem but it didnt help.

like kushdoctoro said, we highly doubt its root aphids or a ph issue because its only showing up on the leaves which get the very brightest lighting. Those under the canopy or not directly under the light appear to be just fine.

And just for clarification, even the ones with the leaves that are fading out way too fast still have super dank nice sized buds.

Anyone else exeperienced soemthing similar when using bud xl?

cannarado

cannarado

Premium Member
Supporter
Yes i have the same thing going on with some of my plants. I am in soil though. I think its from using the Bud xl too early into flower. It draws all of the N from the leaves to give the flowers more energy to grow. Im thinking ill still run it but just for the last 2-3 weeks to help get a good fade at the end.

mikezyg

mikezyg

plant closest to light burns plants energy quicker, turning leaves yellow, will effect plants closer to light first! Prob is root aphids, or root rot. only other thing is prob nute lock from ph probs!

green punk

green punk

I have some plants that are pest free, under adjustawings coco /perlite GH 3 part 1000 ppm, hygrozyme. PH 5.8 tap. 78 to 80 F co2 1500 ppm, that are yellowing on the portion of the canopy that is receiving the most light where other branches receiving less light are rain forest green. WTF

Thought it was nutes thought oh no the Root aphids are back. Nope. Weird shit.

Maybe they are just cranking so hard on that portion of the plant they cant get enough N?

K

kes5480

when using House and Garden nute line you must use the magic green as directed.
I noticed a huge difference when i used it as directed, it def helps with yellowing leaves. When foliar feeding in flower u will have to take ure time and not spray the buds ONLY spray the underside of the Fan Leaves.
At first i was like HELL NO I'm not foliar feeding in flower!! But now that I do I have noticed a big difference.
I was wondering if u could add the green magic to the nute mix instead of using it as a foliar spray?Anyone try it, not as a foliar? Im assuming it would not work properly. Since it is designed to be applied by foliar sprayin(feeding). But it just takes me a long time to apply it the way i do being carefull not to spray the buds.
I personally have been researching a very basic nute line up, of just selected nutrients the is required by the plants...im trying to cut out all the bullshit u dont really need.
I do the research look at growers results and i make my own decisions from there.
KISS= keep it simple stupid...is the approach i want to apply to my plants nute line up.
ok
peace
keS

edit: i also notice my plants that are positioned directly under my hps sometimes gets a lil "faded" or look a tiny bit bleached if u know what i mean.
i just try to rotate my plant around when they are small enuff to do that. but when they get big they stay where they are. i just help em out with my fans...air circulation is so important.:volcano:

B

Buddy Hemphill

Are you letting the pots dry out before you water?

I have run FireOg and it HATES wet feet. Any chance you are overwatering them trying to make them keep up with the Bubba?

G

greenops

I have noticed the same thing in 2 seperate grows and different strains. The yellowing is a lil bit different than when they turn yellow due to N def.
Somebody told me its light bleaching... no idea if there even is such a thing.

P

Peroxide240

I'm also having this problem. My best assumption is based on the fact that the more intense the light, the faster the metabolic rate of the plants (or on some, just the few branches that are closest to the light).so I'm wondering if it's a result of the stomata not being able to function at the rate/efficiency needed. It's too late this run to test my theory but I'm wondering if it's a potassium or chloride issue (being that those two things control the proper functioning of the stomata). Possibly even too much co2 in the way that transpiration can not happen fast enough because so much co2 goes in the stomata and that might slow transpiration. The co2 theory is a little far fetched and I'm very possibly lacking all the knowledge to make that assumption accurately. Either way please let me know if this helps/works for anyone.

Top Bottom