Slow And Steady MPB Bucket Build

• Thread starter Bobby_604
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Bobby_604

Hello everybody,

My GF has a MMAR card that is currently being renewed and based on previous dealing with Health Canada, I can safely say that I have at least 8 weeks before she gets the card.

So, I thought to myself, why not take the plunge and do it right. Id much prefer DoubleD to just fly to Vancouver and build the system :smirk, but I can tell he is a busy guy.

So, I will be building these buckets and system over the next 8 weeks. Bit by bit.

I am not a handyman in any shape form or fashion, so I guarantee I will screwup many times, but please have some patience with me.

My biggest concern is how many buckets to build. She was signed for 5 grams a day prescription lastyear, but they only gave her 15 plants when she should have gotten 25.

She was again signed for 5 grams a day, so we'll see if HC gets their shit together this time. Im going in with the mindset that im building 15, with hopes of getting 25.

The best part of my grow is we have ALMOST unlimited funds. Essentially, id like to get it set up for under 10 grand, but we'll see. We already have the ballasts, lights and electricians.

The space is payed for (her parents country home).

Alright, so let begin with the first order or business, the buckets themselves.

Does anybody in Canada have a suggestion on where to get the 60l bins and 10l buckets?

Once I find them, I will start the pic by pic build!

Again, please be patient with me as this will be a long thread filled with questions and mistakes.

Lastly, id like to thank DD for taking time out of his schedule and showing us how to rock these systems.

I plan on flowering my X18's or Herijuana in these buckets

Thank you.
Bobby
:party0033:

T

TyKaycha

Look forward to watching you build. Subscribed.

Have you grown hydro before? If not, be sure to ask questions here first before taking the plunge. Are you planning on modifying the system any from DD's plans?

What's the size of the space you'll be working with? That's really going to tell you the number of plants you'll be able to go with.

Good Luck!

B

Bobby_604

Look forward to watching you build. Subscribed.

Have you grown hydro before? If not, be sure to ask questions here first before taking the plunge. Are you planning on modifying the system any from DD's plans?

What's the size of the space you'll be working with? That's really going to tell you the number of plants you'll be able to go with.

Good Luck!

Hello TyKaycha!

Thanks for the response!

I have grown hydro. I find it uber simple.

I will follow DD\s plans as much as possible. Same names, sizes and parts.

The space is up to you farmers. I have 1o k in the 'grow' bank and her brothers financial support. Possibly another 10k.

I have 15 to 20k to mess with, I suppose, but like I said, the lights, ballasts are already available. I will get a warehouse if needed.

Good news, got the license in 3 weeks???? Health Canada has their shit together!

SO, what the hell should I do?

Run all 25? Can I do that for 15k?
:party0044:

L

Lost

I would not go all out your first go round.. I would do a 4 plant 5 light setup, and expand after your first harvest. MPB's require alot of work and attention and to have 15 going not having done this before, is a recipe for a very expensive disaster :)

D

doubleds

hi there
looking forward to your build and get your camera ready, we want lots a pics.

1 800 info gro / homegrown hydroponics is where the 60l bins come from and you can get the 10 inch net pots anywhere.

Heres your 2 biggest concerns

1) air conditioning

You live in a climate that doesnt get to cold so i would go with a 5 ton excel air system, they are local to you.

2) chiller

This is the number 1 important piece of equipment. Buy bigger than you need bro, 1 hp chillers are nice and work very well. jlaquatics.com is also local to you and they will order a 1hp or they keep 1/2 hp in stock.

if your signed for 5 grams and they give you 3 they r breaking the law bro, i would be on the phone raising hell bro, seriously, they cant go against your doctor.

With a 25 plant license bro, 10 plants flowering, 10 plants vegging and 5 moms is the break down i would use. I have a room /the smiths that pulled 42 pounds dry from 10 plants.

dds

B

Bobby_604

Hey DD,

Thanks for taking some time to help me out.

My girlfriend received her license and it is for 25 plants.

If I wanted to follow the Smiths room, what size flower room should I be looking for?

20 x 20?

I just called Excel and left a message.

Ill contact JLAquatics right now.

Any info you could give me to mimic the Smiths system would be unreal.
:nod

B

Bobby_604

1 hp Ecoplus Chiller is $1450,00.

Once I find out the room size you suggest ill start buying some stuff.

:party

O

OregonMeds

"The best part of my grow is we have ALMOST unlimited funds."

Rub it in hard why don't you, for those of us stuck with space and medical license and a plan but no money to carry it out.

:)

Good luck though...

B

Bobby_604

"The best part of my grow is we have ALMOST unlimited funds."

Rub it in hard why don't you, for those of us stuck with space and medical license and a plan but no money to carry it out.

:)

Good luck though...

Hey OM,

Im sorry, I didn't mean to offend any of you Farmers. I was just trying to tell D where I am at financially so he could suggest pieces of equipment accordingly.

Again, I apologize.
:character0025:

666elsie

as 4 the bins U are going to use,take a look at Ikea!! man they 've got everything and more.Or take a look at cargo bins easy to work with.Will be watching with interest.
Do the herihuanas first I have sannies beans and would like to see these done in the MPB's should be nice.

B

Bobby_604

Ok,

Spoke to Austin at Excel Air Conditioners.

Here are my options.

A) A normal 5 ton AC - $5899

B) Stealth 5 ton AC - $6899. Stealth means the compressor is inside the house so nobody can hear it turn on.

C) 5 ton AC with 5 HP dehumidifier - $11,000. Told me this was the mack daddy. Take care of the heat and humidity with lights on. Humidity with lights off.

Any suggestions DD?

:ridinghorse:

O

OregonMeds

I'm not dd but hell, With unlimited funds go balls out, everything will support itself no matter what just shop around to be sure you are getting a fair enough price vs your security with that installer.

B

Bobby_604

Got the bins today. Im taking Lost's advice and only doing 5 plants. The other 20 will be in dirt.

Also bought some 10 inch net pots with lips.

Ill have pics real soon.

E

eyeswideopen

I'm not dd but hell, With unlimited funds go balls out, everything will support itself no matter what just shop around to be sure you are getting a fair enough price vs your security with that installer.

Those excel AC's are plug & play so no installer necessary. And they have free live phone support. That's why they're so spendy compared to a conventional 5 ton unit.

E

eyeswideopen

Those excel AC's are plug & play so no installer necessary. And they have free live phone support. That's why they're so spendy compared to a conventional 5 ton unit.

B

Bobby_604

Ok. I picked up my fittings. Will 1" bulkheads be ok for draining the buckets? They have rubber gaskets on each side.

M

mcattak

Ok,

Spoke to Austin at Excel Air Conditioners.

Here are my options.

A) A normal 5 ton AC - $5899

B) Stealth 5 ton AC - $6899. Stealth means the compressor is inside the house so nobody can hear it turn on.

C) 5 ton AC with 5 HP dehumidifier - $11,000. Told me this was the mack daddy. Take care of the heat and humidity with lights on. Humidity with lights off.

Any suggestions DD?

:ridinghorse:

Why did he recommend a 5 ton dehumidifier????

B

Bobby_604

Hey McAttack

He told me to get the new 5 ton AC with a 5 hpdehumdifier built in to it. Not a 5 ton dehumidifier.

Top Bottom