Slow go

• Thread starter Newcannafarm
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

Newcannafarm

Hello, first time grower. I started my plants indoors under a light and have recently moved them outside. My leaves are turning brown, any help would be much appreciated!
Cheers.
Slow go
Slow go

N

Newcannafarm

Might have been a little early to put outside in your location. Always introduce sunlight slowly. Keep them in the shade for like a week before introduction of direct sunlight, and then only a few hours a day for the first few days.
I did have them in the shade for 2 days, the last few days have been mostly overcast with temps around 18-22•C. Should I be worried, will they be ok or should I start new seeds while it’s still early?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I did have them in the shade for 2 days, the last few days have been mostly overcast with temps around 18-22•C. Should I be worried, will they be ok or should I start new seeds while it’s still early?
Its the overnight temps that are likely the culprit. Maybe bring them in at night until it warms up a bit more and transition to full sun slowly if started inside. They should recover

Madmax

Madmax

I think the damage was already done under the light and going from a warm room to the coldness of outside has made them purple up.if your going to b growing outside .all i do is sit the plants on the window sill that gets light as soon as they are up they go straight out .my temps are colder than that around 15 -17 deg slow growing for a month but take off after that.i gues i harden them up and are more adapted when they go out..this is every yr for 30 plus years doing it like this .

N

Newcannafarm

I think the damage was already done under the light and going from a warm room to the coldness of outside has made them purple up.if your going to b growing outside .all i do is sit the plants on the window sill that gets light as soon as they are up they go straight out .my temps are colder than that around 15 -17 deg slow growing for a month but take off after that.i gues i harden them up and are more adapted when they go out..this is every yr for 30 plus years doing it like this .
So you don’t bother with grow lights to start them off?

Madmax

Madmax

No not a my latitude 42.886 S tasmania anyway.i live in a cool climate but do get a good summer.....season starts first day of oct and runs till mid april.

It really depends on your climate brother.if you have short season then you have to start indoors and get them off to a great start.but i dont need to.they would growv too big lol.i reckon my indoors plants at one month are like 10 times the size lol only because start of spring here is cool around 15 deg c with around 6deg nights and ground temp is still cold.....i even leave them in the dark in my room till they start to come up then leave on window sill couple days then straight out into it and planted into the ground..very basic .like i said first month is slow but after that they just take off.everyone has there own method ..this is mine and understand our grow season pretty well..

N

Newcannafarm

No not a my latitude 42.886 S tasmania anyway.i live in a cool climate but do get a good summer.....season starts first day of oct and runs till mid april.

It really depends on your climate brother.if you have short season then you have to start indoors and get them off to a great start.but i dont need to.they would growv too big lol.i reckon my indoors plants at one month are like 10 times the size lol only because start of spring here is cool around 15 deg c with around 6deg nights and ground temp is still cold.....i even leave them in the dark in my room till they start to come up then leave on window sill couple days then straight out into it and planted into the ground..very basic .like i said first month is slow but after that they just take off.everyone has there own method ..this is mine and understand our grow season pretty well..
Thanks for the info. Im in Toronto ont, so I should just get more seeds and start over considering it’s still early for this region.
Cheers.

Madmax

Madmax

Thats the way mate. you can never b too greedy planting extras too.just incase you lose a couple you have backup..your plants look very similat to my indoor ones from awhile ago and never recovered.if they do your fresh ones will catch them pretty quick..good luck with it bud..

Latest posts

Top Bottom