Slow Growers

• Thread starter Bombard
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Bombard

Hi all. I have two purple haze and two northern lights. They all look really good but after seven weeks of veg they’re not that big. They were transplanted two weeks ago and I layered with worm castings and bone meal. The temp in the tent drops to 60 when the lights are off and 70 when lights are on. Lighting is 600 watt led. Would the temp slow the growth down?

Slow growers
Slow growers 2
Slow growers 3
Slow growers 4
Slow growers 5
madgrower

madgrower

Hi all. I have two purple haze and two northern lights. They all look really good but after seven weeks of veg they’re not that big. They were transplanted two weeks ago and I layered with worm castings and bone meal. The temp in the tent drops to 60 when the lights are off and 70 when lights are on. Lighting is 600 watt led. Would the temp slow the growth down?
If you top and crop they looze time growing .They look good ..what kind are they and what are you using for soil
I see some leaves curling too. Are they clones or seeds.did you feed them?

C

Cannibal Joe

If you top and crop they looze time growing .They look good ..what kind are they and what are you using for soil
Had a plant lacking Boron that look the same.

P

PassTheJ

Ok.. way too cold. Temp is a limiting factor. 70s it'll grow but it'll slow everything else down.

Topping slows it even more.

600 LeD = around 300 watt out the wall.. you'd need the lights about 6 inch from canopy at that strength. With LED, that's totally doable but you lose area space..

I use monster grow powder, rapid root, silica and extra nitro base whenever I stress, super crop, or top.. it helps the roots build much faster, shortening your recovery time.

Bring temp up to 80-85.. Buy T5 florescent for vegging or use BOTH veg and bloom options if your LED lights give you that option. Running just VEG option on LED at 600w isn't remotely enough as it cuts watts to only about 150 from wall.. Use a few root solutions and water them when they look half dead. Only then did you guarantee that the roots stretches as much as possible..

They look healthy. Its definitely a limiting factor issue. There's not enough of something that's preventing everything else from functioning normally. Probably the temp and how much light photons each plant is getting in your case..

Last edited:
C

Cannibal Joe

Ok.. way too cold. Temp is a limiting factor. 70s it'll grow but it'll slow everything else down.

600 LeD = around 300 watt out the wall.. you'd need the lights about 6 inch from canopy at that strength. With LED, that's totally doable but you lose area space..

I use monster grow powder, rapid root, silica and extra nitro base whenever I stress, super crop, or top.. it helps the roots build much faster, shortening your recovery time.

Bring temp up to 80-85.. Buy T5 florescent for vegging or use BOTH veg and bloom options if your LED lights give you that option. Running just VEG option on LED at 600w isn't remotely enough as it cuts watts to only about 150 from wall.. Use a few root solutions and water them when they look half dead. Only then did you guarantee that the roots stretches as much as possible..

They look healthy. Its definitely a limiting factor issue. There's not enough of something that's preventing everything else from functioning normally. Probably the temp and how much light photons each plant is getting in your case..
Agreed

907debow1234

907debow1234

Note to the room temp. Important for sure, yet the soil temp is even more important. .. my personal view, looks like their on flat ground. Toss some milk crates or dvd cases. Anything that won't grow mold under them babies.. and closer to light will only help. Not hurt with led.... again just my 2cents.

B

Bombard

Thanks madgrower. Believe it or not my soil is Black Magic from Home Depot. I layered with worm castings and blood meal when I transplanted. Also fed them a tea recipe from a book I am reading. Not sure the tea worked though because it didn’t foam up. They are not clones. Bought fem seeds online.

B

Bombard

Thanks madgrower. Believe it or not my soil is Black Magic from Home Depot. I layered with worm castings and blood meal when I transplanted. Also fed them a tea recipe from a book I am reading. Not sure the tea worked though because it didn’t foam up. They are not clones. Bought fem seeds online.

B

Bombard

Note to the room temp. Important for sure, yet the soil temp is even more important. .. my personal view, looks like their on flat ground. Toss some milk crates or dvd cases. Anything that won't grow mold under them babies.. and closer to light will only help. Not hurt with led.... again just my 2cents.
Ok thanks
Had a plant lacking Boron that look the same.
Ok Thanks.

B

Bombard

Ok thanks. I do have a bloom switch. Your saying I should use both lights? I will run a small heater to bring temp up.

P

PassTheJ

Ok thanks. I do have a bloom switch. Your saying I should use both lights? I will run a small heater to bring temp up.

Ok bud.. Quick lesson in photons. 600 watt LED = 250-290 watt from wall depending on brand. THATS FULL POWER. If you only run the blues, you're cutting it in half down to 125-150 watt FROM THE WALL. Looking at your pic, you're growing 4 pots in a 2x4? Maybe a 4x4? So if you're running a 4x4, then each square foot = 25-35 watts of light per pot.. If you're running a 2x4, you have more watts per sq ft but with 4 pots, you'll run into light penetration issues before you even flower.

That's like nothing for growing veggs.. On full blast from 600 LED in a 4x4, you're at best getting 50-60 watts per pot which would give you JUST enough to have your pots grow at a "normal pace". ALSO!!! The reds on your LED give off heat. Not the blues. If you run both options, it should raise the temp by about 5-10 degrees in tent.

Ex. I run 2400 watts LED in 8x8. That's 1200 per 4x4. That's 590 from wall. Which comes to around 80 watts per pot.. At 9 inch off canopy, I still get 250 PAR at corners and 600 PAR center with temp around 85 in tent with room temp at 67..

I use T5 8 bulb 4fters for first 7 weeks in my small veg tents. A T5 in a 4x2 keeps tent super lit and temp in 80s. A T5 light signature is like your LEDs both blues and reds together just with added temp heat due to gas.. After I do my final top, super crop and LST on week 7 or 8, I transfer pots into my big tent 8x8 and run my four 1200 watt LED at full blast last 2 weeks of recovery. Veg recover much faster under both red and blue. Then already in big tent, I transition them with no change in light signature. Red provides the heat which keeps temp about the same as my T5 in a single 2x4.. If you're only running blue, it's like your plants are living in the ocean. They sell 10k lights for aquariums and some growers use deep blues to finish flowering but it's not enough for plants meant to grow outside the ocean.

Side note, quality of photons matter. 600 watt full spectrum white LED with only 300 watts from wall will substitute the strength of burple LED greatly.

My 1200 burple might give off ALOT of power but a 600 watt full white will provide FAR superior PAR and sun like colors that would allow closer to canopy and better quality bud at the same rate of growth but they're super expensive..

It's all preference. First figure out why you're growing. Personal use. Business venture.. ect. Each have their own standards.

I'm about to switch from 4 1200 watt burple to 4 600 watt full whites. Save half on electric, DOUBLE PAR center and triple PAR on corners and most importantly, provide plants with "real" light. So I might lessen the amount of photons per sq ft, but the increase in quality will supercede the loss of power dramatically. T5 4ft 8 bulb has around same Watts from wall as your 600 watt LED on full blast.

Avg price of 1200 watt burple = $500.
Avg price of 600 watt Full Spec = $1500

Both are LEDs.. Commercial growers only use Full Spec if they use LED at all..

Bottom line.. Use either T5s, or both Veg & Bloom options on your LED.

Last edited:
stiffneck

stiffneck

Yup. If you can get your temps up to the upper 70s lower 80s your going to see a difference. Your plants look good though. Nice job dude. :)

stiffneck

stiffneck

Ok bud.. Quick lesson in photons. 600 watt LED = 250-290 watt from wall depending on brand. THATS FULL POWER. If you only run the blues, you're cutting it in half down to 125-150 watt FROM THE WALL. Looking at your pic, you're growing 4 pots in a 2x4? Maybe a 4x4? So if you're running a 4x4, then each square foot = 25-35 watts of light per pot.. If you're running a 2x4, you have more watts per sq ft but with 4 pots, you'll run into light penetration issues before you even flower.

That's like nothing for growing veggs.. On full blast from 600 LED in a 4x4, you're at best getting 50-60 watts per pot which would give you JUST enough to have your pots grow at a "normal pace". ALSO!!! The reds on your LED give off heat. Not the blues. If you run both options, it should raise the temp by about 5-10 degrees in tent.

Someone said soil temp is even more important. Very true. You're ambient temp maybe way off real soil temp if pot is on cement floor for example.. Make sure of that.

Ex. I run 2400 watts LED in 8x8. That's 1200 per 4x4. That's 590 from wall. Which comes to around 80 watts per pot.. At 9 inch off canopy, I still get 250 PAR at corners and 600 PAR center with temp around 85 in tent with room temp at 67..

I use T5 8 bulb 4fters for first 7 weeks in my small veg tents. A T5 in a 4x2 keeps tent super lit and temp in 80s. After I do my final top, super crop and LST on week 7 or 8, I transfer pots into my big tent 8x8 and run my four 1200 watt LED at full blast last 2 weeks of recovery. Veg recover much faster under both red and blblueThen already in big tent, I transition them with no change in light signature. Red provides the heat which keeps temp about the same as my T5 in a single 2x4..

This.

P

PassTheJ

A T5 light signature is like your LEDs both blues and reds together just with added temp heat due to gas...

Sorry, Not what I meant to say. T5 light signature is like your BLUES with added heat from gas. It obviously doesn't have any reds or we would be flowering with T5s.

Side note: I have seen tents with vertical T5s and horizontal red LEDs.. So I guess you can..

B

Bombard

Ok thanks. There is a lot to take in and learn. So I will turn both veg and bloom on and try to keep the temp higher. Just for the record I am growing in a 3x3 tent.

Top Bottom