Slow growth, funky leaves on LSD strain

• Thread starter Gurtgurt
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Gurtgurt

Gurtgurt

Hello. Please feel free to reference this thread and This thread as they probably person to my issue.

LSD strain from ILGM. In week 7 from sprout. Growth seems pretty slow for the last couple weeks honestly.

Lights are about 30 in. away on maybe 60-70 percent power. Two 200 W panels. I have an evaporative humidifier in the tent, but humidity stays around 50 percent (can't get higher without excess heat). Oscillating fan and 4 inch exhaust.

This is my first time mainlining. I've already broken one stem. I have not cut any fan leaves yet, to promote sturdy growth. They're getting bushy with a lot of small leaves.

They are in 5 gal pots. They can go more than 8 days without drooping. I've only watered a couple times so far (pH corrected tap water with Big Bloom guano).

I may have added garden lime to most of the soil (check the first linked thread).

The bottom oldest leaves have developed yellow-turned-copper spots and are brittle on the ends (likely dead). Some of the new growth has yellow stripes or some yellow/browned tips. Lots of small 3-finger leaves.

There's so much foliage I haven't been too concerned about it. My main concern is the slow growth and wimpy main stems. Time is not a concern for this grow.

My Ca/Mg might be off, and the substrate might not be ideal (linked threads). But they're already established and I won't be able to restart. Like, whatever harm had already been done.

So, any advice? I've left all the leaves on so I don't really know where to start trimming. I've removed growth tips seemingly to no adverse reaction. I generally water around 6.low pH. I sharted on one plant for extra fertilizer.

Thanks for reading, I know it's a long one. It's all accurate except for that last part.

Slow growth funky leaves on lsd strain
Slow growth funky leaves on lsd strain 2
Slow growth funky leaves on lsd strain 3
Slow growth funky leaves on lsd strain 4
Slow growth funky leaves on lsd strain 5
Slow growth funky leaves on lsd strain 6
Slow growth funky leaves on lsd strain 7
Nate_in_AK

Nate_in_AK

I don't know enough to offer any advice, but I can offer this info for comparison. I'm growing a few plants that are at week 6-7 since sprout. They went into 5 gallon pots at the end of week 3, and they have NEVER gone 8 days without water. I put 1 gallon of water+GH Flora into each pot every 3-4 days recently. I realize this my not be helpful... my point isn't to say you are doing anything wrong, but thinking that if your roots did dry up and you didn't realize (like because the leaves didn't droop enough) it could have done damage to the roots. Speculation from an armature.

One other difference that is difficult to quantify, is that I am running a single P2000 ViparSpectra set to 100% at a distance of about 18-20 inches from the canopy. But you have 2 lights so it's hard to compare. I would not think you have a lighting problem.

I hope you find a solution quickly!

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

I'd say you have a lockout problem. Over fertilized. I'd suggest you get a Soil test kit and test your soil. That will tell you pretty quick.
What are you using to PH your water? The red stems and necrosis on the leaves are a dead giveaway on the deficiency but I'm pretty sure it's caused buy bad PH and over cal-mag.
Use fertilizer 1/4 strength at first. Then 1/2 strength of what is suggested on the bottle until the plants are much older. Don't push the plants..

Gurtgurt

Gurtgurt

I use drops to check pH of supply water.

I did a soil slurry test a while back with the same drops and it came out a little less than 7.

I have not added any nutrients yet except for Big Bloom guano/worm castings which I think is negligible NPK.

I added some possible garden lime to the soil early on. This was on response to a very low pH water runoff early on (newbie mistake doing this with soil). This is likely why Ca Mg are off.

Anything I should add or do differently? I will cut off dead leaves today.

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

The best advice I could give you at this point would be. Add 1 tablespoon of Epsom salts to a watering can of water. The very dark green and reddish stems make me suspect that you have a Phosphorus deficiency. I also suspect that the plant is not at all happy about your adding lime and sweetening the soil. I'd suggest that you add 2 Tablespoons of apple cider vinegar to the watering can of water and 1/4 strength Miracle-Gro 28-10-10 for acid loving plants in the watering can. That's 1 teaspoon in the same watering can with the Epsom salts and Vinegar. Soak the plant come back in 5 min and soak it again. I want you to soak it like your flushing it so set it in a sink and let it rain until it cant take any more. Don't worry it will love it. From now on I'd run the water at least 6 PH or lower. The lime you added to the soil is going to be a problem for the rest of the grow. Feed it 1/4 strength Miracle-Gro 28-10-10 for acid loving plants every 14 days for a month. Then 1/2 strength every 14 days until it is ready to flower. Then I like Pro Mix in the black bottle 3-6-12. 1 cap full per watering can. Give it a good drink once a week until 2 weeks before harvest. Get yourself a moisture meter and stick it threw the side of the bag 1/2 way down. Leave it there for the entire grow. Keep it in the moist zone. Looks pretty dry.
I think if you do this the plant will shake it off and get down to growing. You will know in a few days. Hope this helps you. Ron

Last edited:
Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Ebay has test PH test strips. I use them as they are very quick and easy. I noticed the temp is 48 is that F. If so thats pretty cool and could be part of the problem. 70F - 75F would be much better. I wanted to say your doing a nice job LST.
Check out this video on Mainlining. Remember your LST skills as it comes in handy. There are quite a few great videos on Mainlining.
All in all I think your plant will get it's act together pretty quick and be just fine.

Gurtgurt

Gurtgurt

I will look into those additives as I'm able to afford them.

In my tent, temps range from 68 at night to 81 in the day. The humidity lately has been limited to about 45%.

Thank you for the info

Topzozzler

Topzozzler

Came here to give my two cents. I also grew LSD from ilgm.

My PH run off was really really bad and I didn't correct it till like one month into the grow. One of my plants looked weird as hell, yellowy looking new growth etc. I raised my light, corrected pH and stuff looked better, but the plant was very picky, not sure if it's because I messed it up in the beginning or not. It's new growth usually always looked yellowish, some days worse then others. In the end I grew frosty ass buds, and it yielded the best too. I grew in coco. Making sure my run off was good definitely helped, and recharge did too imo

Latest posts

Top Bottom