Slow growth ,less bush compared to other ppls plant pics

• Thread starter Squishypop420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Squishypop420

Squishypop420

So I've been growing a lot of seeds that I found in bags of Bud that I bought really good bud I plan to seeds it seems like the plants don't grow as big and bushy as plants that I see other people growing is this because of genetics and they're buying seeds from a reputable grower or is there something wrong with the seeds

Moshmen

Moshmen

So I've been growing a lot of seeds that I found in bags of Bud that I bought really good bud I plan to seeds it seems like the plants don't grow as big and bushy as plants that I see other people growing is this because of genetics and they're buying seeds from a reputable grower or is there something wrong with the seeds
Genetics, environment, grower skill level- welcome to the farm start a diary and there's lots of skilled growers here willing to help ya along

Squishypop420

Squishypop420

I planned on it I just finished my first indoor grow well harvested one plant 2 weeks left on the other
IMG 20220114 181428

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Looks like quality bud.
Looks yummy to me ...

Tell us more about your setup. Autos or photos. Etc. I think we can help you get some more weight. Quality looks very good so you're already on the right track.

Squishypop420

Squishypop420

The ones in the picture are clones from my wife brothers plants over summer I took them in September rooted in water then planted in soil I didn't use anything special just some homemade composted dirt in fabric pot and one in hard self watering pot the three I have going now are in a greenhouse I have set up in my basement one is in ffof soil and the other 2 in a mix of fire ashes mulch and compost I mean they look totally healthy and fine just not as bushy and big as I see other ps feminized seeds from seed banks or growers

Squishypop420

Squishypop420

The ones in the picture are clones from my wife brothers plants over summer I took them in September rooted in water then planted in soil I didn't use anything special just some homemade composted dirt in fabric pot and one in hard self watering pot the three I have going now are in a greenhouse I have set up in my basement one is in ffof soil and the other 2 in a mix of fire ashes mulch and compost I mean they look totally healthy and fine just not as bushy and big as I see other ps feminized seeds from seed banks or growers
They are also under a 4ft burple led grow light like a shop style until I can put them in my sf1000 grow tent

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Clones won't yield like a plant from seed. Clones can do a lot of wonderful things for you but won't yield like a plant grown from seed.

As for the seeds themselves, different strains have different characteristics. Some are not heavy yielders. Others are. Almost everything I grow starts from feminized seed and from a reputable seed distributor these days. If it's not feminized, it's a regular seed but still from a reputable seed source. It's worth it in my opinion.

Squishypop420

Squishypop420

Clones won't yield like a plant from seed. Clones can do a lot of wonderful things for you but won't yield like a plant grown from seed.

As for the seeds themselves, different strains have different characteristics. Some are not heavy yielders. Others are. Almost everything I grow starts from feminized seed and from a reputable seed distributor these days. If it's not feminized, it's a regular seed but still from a reputable seed source. It's worth it in my opinion.
Right that's what I was asking cause my seeds I find here and there in my pot are not growing like the ones I've seen that are from a reputable source but I was also told that if I find 1 or 2 in dank it's most likely a female or hermie

IMG 20220116 181320
IMG 20220116 181305
IMG 20220116 181245
Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

Right that's what I was asking cause my seeds I find here and there in my pot are not growing like the ones I've seen that are from a reputable source but I was also told that if I find 1 or 2 in dank it's most likely a female or hermie
Dude, get a real light and you'll get much bigger plants. You've obviously got the touch. Evidence in hand in one picture.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Hard to say exactly ... I'm using quantum boards with 660nm red, IR and UV on my current run. My other tent has a Grower's Choice ROI-E720. It's all full spectrum white light. I'm not sure how burples compare because I have never used them, but I do believe the white full spectrum based lighting has a lot to do with how bushy my plants are.

As for bag seed, its always a crap shoot.

Squishypop420

Squishypop420

Yeah that's what I that's what I figured with the bag seed that it's pretty much a crap shoot I do have my flowering tent as a SF 1000 grow light in there with the exhaust carbon filter exhaust and everything else it comes with the kit but you're right I do need better lights I threw a white 4 ft shop light inside my grow tent with my SF 1000 just to get some more light on my buds

Squishypop420

Squishypop420

That's the entire plant?
There's three plants in the greenhouse with a burple 4ft light and one is a poly twin plant the other one I topped 2wice and dimmed the other and I'm kinda lst cannabonsi growing that one when I switch to flower in 2 weeks I'll see what I get

Top Bottom