Slow growth

• Thread starter Jonnypierce
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jonnypierce

Jonnypierce

Hi everyone just after a little bit of friendly advice, so it's my first attempt lol at growing from seed after only a few goes beforehand using cuttings, so Igerminated and planted these, and they sprouted 2 weeks ago and they don't seem to have done a great deal since then yeah they have grown but not as fast as was expecting, so I'm using canna coco professional as my medium, I'm using the iongrid t24 which is 260 watt currently running at 40 % 18 inch above the plants, I am feeding katana roots at 5ml/l currently feeding until I get a little run off then leaving to dry out which is usually 2 days then feed again, my temps are 25/26 with light on and 23/24 when lights are off, currently 18/6 cycle, I've got a 4 inch inline fan bringing fresh air in from outside and a 6 inch infinity fan and filter taking air out. Now my question is to anybody out there alot more wiser than me tell me if I'm missing something or do they look okay ?? Any advice would be much appreciated T.I.A 🙏

Slow growth
Slow growth 2
Slow growth 3
Slow growth 4
TSD

TSD

Do you have a humidity monitor in there? They may not be transpiring (breathing/getting rid of water) properly. I don't do coco so I'm not any help in regards to watering it and such, is it straight up coco?

TSD

TSD

Maybe this will help:

Jonnypierce

Jonnypierce

Do you have a humidity monitor in there? They may not be transpiring (breathing/getting rid of water) properly. I don't do coco so I'm not any help in regards to watering it and such, is it straight up coco?
Yeah I do pal and it's always within the 50-60 % range and yeah I've gone straight up coco, I used it last time from cuttings though and the results were great had no issues at all, and maybe this isn't an issue I'm really not too sure hence why I'm asking you guys, I don't know I jist expected them to be further on than they are

TSD

TSD

They do look a little yellow and slightly small for 2 weeks, maybe they need more nutes? Hopefully a coco grower will chime in soon.

Jonnypierce

Jonnypierce

They do look a little yellow and slightly small for 2 weeks, maybe they need more nutes? Hopefully a coco grower will chime in soon.
I did think they looked a little yellow too bro, I've only been giving them katana roots at 5ml/l like they recommend at the seedling stage, I'm still treating them like they are seedlings, because I've read that until they get there first set of true leaves ( 5 fingered) they aren't classed as vegging 🤷‍♂️ again I might be totally wrong I just don't know as its unknown territory for me, that's why I've come on here, in the hope that someone experienced can point me in the right direction

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I did think they looked a little yellow too bro, I've only been giving them katana roots at 5ml/l like they recommend at the seedling stage, I'm still treating them like they are seedlings, because I've read that until they get there first set of true leaves ( 5 fingered) they aren't classed as vegging 🤷‍♂️ again I might be totally wrong I just don't know as its unknown territory for me, that's why I've come on here, in the hope that someone experienced can point me in the right direction
@Aqua Man is your coco expert.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Do you think he'd mind if I was to just message him pal ?
I would give it a bit. He doesn't come in until later.
I tagged him so he will get to it as soon as he can.

In the meantime, read these;

Basic Watering

Watering COCO

Blastfact

Blastfact

I went and looked at that Katana Roots. That looks like it's just a root/bio additive. And not a fert. No npk numbers, just claims to fame. I blew up a picture of a 10L jug of the stuff and it's such a low res pic it was almost impossible to read what looks like a npk 0-0-0. Those poor seedlings look like they need some real ferts.

TSD

TSD

"I've read that until they get there first set of true leaves ( 5 fingered) they aren't classed as vegging 🤷‍♂️"

I'm not sure that applies with coco because it's basically inert. @Aqua Man will stop by later I'm sure.

Jonnypierce

Jonnypierce

I went and looked at that Katana Roots. That looks like it's just a root/bio additive. And not a fert. No npk numbers, just claims to fame. I blew up a picture of a 10L jug of the stuff and it's such a low res pic it was almost impossible to read what looks like a npk 0-0-0. Those poor seedlings look like they need some real ferts.
Thankyou pal I've just give em some proper nutes made up to 0.8 ec, just till I got a tiny bit of runoff, your like the 3rd or 4th person to suggest it cud be something to do with that, and I know summats not right, so I'll let you know how I get on, thanks again for taking time to help

Jonnypierce

Jonnypierce

"I've read that until they get there first set of true leaves ( 5 fingered) they aren't classed as vegging 🤷‍♂️"

I'm not sure that applies with coco because it's basically inert. @Aqua Man will stop by later I'm sure.
Thankyou pal for taking time out to offer me some guidance, I've giblven them a light feeding of proper nutes made up to 0.8, I'll let you know how they get on, and thanks again I appreciate it

Blastfact

Blastfact

Thankyou pal I've just give em some proper nutes made up to 0.8 ec, just till I got a tiny bit of runoff, your like the 3rd or 4th person to suggest it cud be something to do with that, and I know summats not right, so I'll let you know how I get on, thanks again for taking time to help
You have the bottle there and there website is near useless. Does Katana Roots have NPK numbers. What other info is on the bottle?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

At this stage a bit of dry back is fine but in the future you will not want a dry back unless crop steering.

And i agree with @Blastfact that need need a higher dose of nutrients

Last edited:
Top Bottom