Slow Low Flying Black Helicopter

• Thread starter Duder
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Duder

Is this something to worry about? Are those rumors true about heat spotting cameras?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Is this something to worry about? Are those rumors true about heat spotting cameras?
I've spent hours watching an unmarked black helicopter do low altitude sweeps searching for grows. Few days later I read they found a pretty big one, several hundred plants. I live in an area where they'll find that sort of thing, do you?

Papa

Papa

Supporter
sm, 'you talkin bout an outdoor grow?

i think he's thinking infra red.

D

Duder

Naw, No out door grows going on around here, at least this time of year.. A couple Friends said they seen one up where they live, which is a couple miles from me.. No fields, all buildings, houses and streets.

S

Steve Z

hahaha, nah seriously though,

could be an IR heli, but i mean thats being the paranoid side of me

the lax side is saying helicopter training/school.

i mean it all depends on where you live. if you have crime going on, i mean why do you think they'd be out there?

W

weedfarm

I am pretty sure its illegal to FLIR a house w/o a warrant.

If they were onto you, they would not be using a copter to FLIR you

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I still maintain that LEO do what they want and leave it to others to rein them in when they've crossed the line. The line is being moved further and further away from preserving individual rights in favor of preserving government rights, do with that what you will, but I'm becoming more and more jaded the older I get.
sm, 'you talkin bout an outdoor grow?

i think he's thinking infra red.
Yeah, I'm in the Sierra, near a couple of national forests and tons of timber preserve. August of '08, I spent several hours watching sweeps, right at the treetops, heading my way from downcountry. I took shitloads of pix, then my computer died and damn if I can remember what folder I stored them in.

If I were in a developed area and I saw what I saw up here, I would abso-fucking-lutely believe they're sweeping with an IR camera. LEO do whatever the fuck they want, up to and including my local keystone cops.
hahaha, nah seriously though,

could be an IR heli, but i mean thats being the paranoid side of me

the lax side is saying helicopter training/school.

i mean it all depends on where you live. if you have crime going on, i mean why do you think they'd be out there?
Better to be paranoid outside a cell than not paranoid inside a cell, IMO. If it was over an unpopulated area, you may be right, but all aircraft of a certain size must be marked. The heli that I photographed was 100% unmarked, dark glass, and something that looked like a radar antenna sticking out of it.

T

turbulentsteady

I'm not an expert, this is just how I understand the problem. Imagine you have a box and measure its surface temperature. Now install a light bulb inside the box and measure the temperature again. Wait a couple of hours and do it again. Now you should understand on an intuitive level the fundamental problem facing growers hiding from FLIR. It's hardly the only problem e.g. exposed exhausts.

An even better way to visualize your problem is to imagine a way to raise the temperature of your roof, exterior walls etc. using your grow room. Can you do it, how?

For example, can I heat my roof using a 600w HPS? Assuming my room is located inside my house. I could exhaust the hot air into the attic, that might work. But the attic is huge and the exhaust would likely cool before it could heat the roof. I could place the exhaust directly under the roof, that would likely at least heat a single panel of the roof. But the exhaust is long and the air would likely cool along the way. I would have to move my room closer to the attic.

I trust you can see where this is going.

For what it's worth I think if the law is using FLIR on you you're already screwed. I imagine that even if your place only registered a half a degree difference from normal, if that half a degree is in the direction of the law's assumption about your guilt then confirmation bias will kick-in 'n that's your ass.

...anyway, enjoy being a noidy, just don't let it ruin ya!

Latest posts

Top Bottom