Slow water uptake??

• Thread starter Clemons419
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Clemons419

Clemons419

Hello all! I need some advice. My plant is 7weeks into flower and has been doing beautifully. Up till 3 days ago. She stopped taking up water. Normally i water every 3 days, but when I went to water today she was still very heavy!? This is my first plant and im still learning so idk if this is normal or some other problem is under the surface. Any input would be awesome! Thanks! ~Sara

Homesteader

Homesteader

They'll do that. Is it almost finished? They slow on CO2 uptake and nutrients as they finish.

Clemons419

Clemons419

They'll do that. Is it almost finished? They slow on CO2 uptake and nutrients as they finish.
I'm not sure how long they typically go so not sure its it's almost done?! I'm relieved to hear though that it's normal for them to slow on uptake. Thank you for the info!! :)

Homesteader

Homesteader

A bit strain dependent on when they finish but 8-9 weeks is usually close. You should post some pictures to get someone to help you decide whether the flowers are finished.

Clemons419

Clemons419

I'll post a better new pic tomorrow when the lights are on.

HiDaze

HiDaze

Seeing lots of white hairs. How do things look under a scope?

@Beachwalker may have nailed it on the head. Keep her roots warm.

Clemons419

Clemons419

What strain is it?
I'm not sure, was a bag seed that had a few different strains, that of course, I cant remember. Honestly when I planted it i didnt think it would grow lol. Now I'm obsessed with how to grow and the plant itself.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I'm not sure, was a bag seed that had a few different strains, that of course, I cant remember. Honestly when I planted it i didnt think it would grow lol. Now I'm obsessed with how to grow and the plant itself.
Well Obsession aside, I want to tell you that I've had exactly one plant and I bred it myself it had tons of whitehairs but it was dead ripe, but that's only one plant that I've ever seen do that and it had big full-size buds

so I'm not sure what's up with your plant but if you can step back and take a picture of the whole plant & not so up-close as the first one might give a different perspective

Last edited:
Clemons419

Clemons419

Well Obsession aside, I want to tell you that I've had exactly one plant and I bred it myself it had tons of whitehairs but it was dead ripe, but that's only one plant that I've ever seen do that and it had big full-size buds

so I'm not sure what's up with your plant but if you can step back and take a picture of the whole plant & not so up-close as the first one might give a different perspective
I will take a full shot. What is dead ripe??

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I will take a full shot. What is dead ripe??
For example your trichome picture looks close to ripe; my point was it's rare to see a plant with all those white pistils and still be ripe

By the way always check trichomes on the bud not the Sugar Leaf cuz they ripen first and are not a good indicator of overall ripeness

Clemons419

Clemons419

For example your trichome picture looks close to ripe; my point was it's rare to see a plant with all those white pistils and still be ripe

By the way always check trichomes on the bud not the Sugar Leaf cuz they ripen first and are not a good indicator of overall ripeness
ooh, ok!! Are the white pistols gonna go away or change? Also is it a bad rate to have them and be almost ripe?? Sorry for all the questions, I just wanna learn all I can and this site has been a GREAT help to me. So thank you for that šŸ™ƒ

Latest posts

Top Bottom