Sm-90 and Hygrozyme

• Thread starter REGISTRD
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

REGISTRD

Ok googling and googling and talking it over with peeps im still not sure if there compatible either??
I copy pasted this from another link and want your guys opinions on this?
"I am thinking of using them together. There seems to be alot of confusion on the the compatibility of these two products. someone personally talked to Nutrilife, the makers of SM90 and have both been told, that SM90 should work with hygrozyme. While I do not think it has been tested with hygrozyme, it has been tested with similiar products with no adverse reactions.

The labeling on SM90 is very vague I guess for legal reasons.

What are the benefits that SM90 offers will using Hygrozyme?"

P

pokerman

yea sm90 is good for hydro and does help with root rot....yea i've always thought it would be bad with hygrozyme cuz it would kill the enzymes but i heard elsewhere that it won't....but i love hygrozyme...i couldn't do without it...

R

REGISTRD

Sup Reg, Hope all is well man

would like to know this myself but I would think the SM-90 would do something bad to the hygrozyme.

But I like both products alot. If I was doing Synthetic Nutes I would run sm-90 for sure.Smells so good works so good for root health and kills gnats...

Time to toke some Budda's Buttwax and pass the frick out!

take care, and good luck, RC

Things are good man.. Thanks....
:thinking
see and Ive been in the same cloud as well. But the more I read the more I see HyGrozyme has nothing Living in it. Ya ive been told the sm90 will kill off any enzymes, bene bacteria etc...
Also came across the Hygrozyme info site and found a couple phrases in there that say there compatible:

So ya the more and more I read and see that HyGrozyme has No bacteria, No benes, so there Is NO reason why they shouldnt be used together..
Anyone know anything about living things in hygrozyme?

M

mrdizzle

the owner of a hydrostore in south san fran who used to grow orchids on a large scale said he had hydrozme tested back when he was growing them and it didnt have any enzyemes in it, he said its basically sugar and alcohol. Made me wonder, he wasnt pushing another product either, I just asked him what he thought of it and thats what he told me, who knows

R

REGISTRD

Thanks for the info Dizzle.. sugar and alcohol huh.. hmmm dont think anything could be living in alcohol..
Anybody got any more info???

C

CAPO

It does smell like fermentation......doesn't harm my plants tho.

What exactly is SM-90?

R

revolutionseeds

Premium Member
Supporter
It smells like apple cider...kind of. I'll take a chug and get back to you guys....

R

REGISTRD

It does smell like fermentation......doesn't harm my plants tho.

What exactly is SM-90?

colandior oil is what consumes most of the ingredients...

Anyone got an opinion on this?:thinking:thinking

C

CAPO

So here's my take:

Hygrozyme...good with organics and doesn't harm beneficials.
SM-90...derived plant oil ..harms beneficials.

I use benies so Hygrozyme is in my line-up.
I wouldn't think using both would be harmful, just wasteful.

R

REGISTRD

So here's my take:

Hygrozyme...good with organics and doesn't harm beneficials.
SM-90...derived plant oil ..harms beneficials.

I use benies so Hygrozyme is in my line-up.
I wouldn't think using both would be harmful, just wasteful.

Ok but WHY would it be wasteful IF there is NOTHING living in Hygrozyme? YEs sm90 will harm your benes, but im not using any so should there be any reason that both products shouldnt do what there suppost to if there combined? :thinking
IM more and more coming down to that someone just needs to call hygrozyme and find out if there is anything Living in it??????

C

CAPO

Wish I knew they're claiming it to be a trade secret. As far as I know it has a chelation effect on the nutes, frees them up, especially in organics and soil. It can also be used to clean equipment ie your rez. I think of it like enzymes.
I've never used SM-90, but it seems to promote root growth for some reason. I think it is some kind of plant derivative type of enzyme if you will.
So I concluded that they pretty much get you to the same place, just two different roads.

R

REGISTRD

reading more and more and more and more...
I came across this... copy pasted right from hygrozyme site..
"REMEMBER: Hygrozyme does not kill anything. To be effective, it must be used before dead matter can develop and "grab" onto surfaces causing bio film build up - just like fire insurance for your home that must be purchased before the fire.

As Hygrozyme is the only known market solution that can be used in conjunction with hydrogen peroxide in a ppm of 1 - 2% solution, some operators use this combination to clean, sterilize, and oxygenate roots."

Therefore This answers my question.. If its compatible with hydrogen peroxide im sure its all good with sm90.. Lol.. and I was thinking sm90 would kill the hygrozyme. LOL hydrogen perozide would fry it if that was the case..

The Joker

The Joker

I've used SM-90 for years. For two reasons basically.
One: it keeps the nasties from growing in my buckets
Two: It keeps my drippers from clogging and my hoses clean.

But it will kill beneficials and cause lock out if using. For example, in veg and early flower , if I am using Root Excellerator, I use Aquashield instead. Then back to SM-90. I'll be trying a new product that kills everything. In my set up, any experiment with beneficials has been more trouble than it is worth since the difference was so minimal in final product and taste.
During summer months when the temperature in the grow can be in the 90's at times, My rez is teeming with bacteria, and none of the "beneficial good" bacteria products are very effective.

I used to use 20 different ingredients, now I'm down to a basics and the results have been better than ever.

B

BenjaminSocks

When I was doing crime scene clean up, we had hydrozyme as one of our "secret" cleaning solutions to get the "death" smell out. That was years ago, and it was a different name. Now everyone uses it or something similar.

It worked. Especially, in car interiors.

Nothing like the smell of two week rotting brain to start your morning off right.

When I was done, the car smelled like it came off the dealer lot. I was good. The insurance companies had me on speed dial.

I could tell stories that would turn your hair white and then some.

B

BrotherBud

New Car smell huh?

When I was doing crime scene clean up, we had hydrozyme as one of our "secret" cleaning solutions to get the "death" smell out. That was years ago, and it was a different name. Now everyone uses it or something similar.

It worked. Especially, in car interiors.

Nothing like the smell of two week rotting brain to start your morning off right.

When I was done, the car smelled like it came off the dealer lot. I was good. The insurance companies had me on speed dial.

I could tell stories that would turn your hair white and then some.

Hey Socks, do you just mix the Hygrozyme with water and start cleaning or do you use it straight? My car smells like 3 happy Pitbulls:party0042:
Thanks.

F

fiftythree33

I want to try to clear something up here for my self...

Enzymes are proteins. Wiki Link

"Enzymes are proteins that catalyze (i.e., increase the rates of) chemical reactions."

forgive me if I'm wrong but proteins aren't "living" right? They are essential to life but not alive therefore cannot be killed by SM90 or in my case hydrosparkle...

And this quote from the same wiki may explain why Hygrozyme is just some sugar and alcohol...

"As early as the late 18th and early 19th centuries, the digestion of meat by stomach secretions[7] and the conversion of starch to sugars by plant extracts and saliva were known. However, the mechanism by which this occurred had not been identified.[8]
In the 19th century, when studying the fermentation of sugar to alcohol by yeast, Louis Pasteur came to the conclusion that this fermentation was catalyzed by a vital force contained within the yeast cells called "ferments", which were thought to function only within living organisms. He wrote that "alcoholic fermentation is an act correlated with the life and organization of the yeast cells, not with the death or putrefaction of the cells."[9]
In 1877, German physiologist Wilhelm Kühne (1837–1900) first used the term enzyme, which comes from Greek ενζυμον, "in leaven", to describe this process.[10] The word enzyme was used later to refer to nonliving substances such as pepsin, and the word ferment was used to refer to chemical activity produced by living organisms.
In 1897, Eduard Buchner submitted his first paper on the ability of yeast extracts that lacked any living yeast cells to ferment sugar. In a series of experiments at the University of Berlin, he found that the sugar was fermented even when there were no living yeast cells in the mixture.[11] He named the enzyme that brought about the fermentation of sucrose "zymase".[12] In 1907, he received the Nobel Prize in Chemistry "for his biochemical research and his discovery of cell-free fermentation". Following Buchner's example, enzymes are usually named according to the reaction they carry out. Typically, to generate the name of an enzyme, the suffix -ase is added to the name of its substrate (e.g., lactase is the enzyme that cleaves lactose) or the type of reaction (e.g., DNA polymerase forms DNA polymers).[13]
Having shown that enzymes could function outside a living cell, the next step was to determine their biochemical nature. Many early workers noted that enzymatic activity was associated with proteins, but several scientists (such as Nobel laureate Richard Willstätter) argued that proteins were merely carriers for the true enzymes and that proteins per se were incapable of catalysis. However, in 1926, James B. Sumner showed that the enzyme urease was a pure protein and crystallized it; Sumner did likewise for the enzyme catalase in 1937. The conclusion that pure proteins can be enzymes was definitively proved by Northrop and Stanley, who worked on the digestive enzymes pepsin (1930), trypsin and chymotrypsin. These three scientists were awarded the 1946 Nobel Prize in Chemistry.[14]
This discovery that enzymes could be crystallized eventually allowed their structures to be solved by x-ray crystallography. This was first done for lysozyme, an enzyme found in tears, saliva and egg whites that digests the coating of some bacteria; the structure was solved by a group led by David Chilton Phillips and published in 1965.[15] This high-resolution structure of lysozyme marked the beginning of the field of structural biology and the effort to understand how enzymes work at an atomic level of detail."

edited to add bold to nonliving quote :)

:bong-hits:

H

halitzor

Hygrozyme is like diamond nectar (fulvic acid) on steroids. All it does is speed up and enhance the natural reactions which enable a plant to uptake nutrients.

Nothing living in it.

D

darthvapor420

yea sm90 is good for hydro and does help with root rot....yea i've always thought it would be bad with hygrozyme cuz it would kill the enzymes but i heard elsewhere that it won't....but i love hygrozyme...i couldn't do without it...

hey man i saw ur post saying u couldnt live without hygrozome im currently using the lucas method at 5ml and 10ml and was thinking about throwing some hygrozome in the mix what do you think is a good amount per gallon???

Top Bottom