Sm-90?

• Thread starter roasthawg
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

roasthawg

Does it really kill bennies? Can't get a straight answer. Cap do you know for sure? Or anyone else with a scope? thanks!

L

larebowm

oxidizers kill bennies..any application rate strong enough to treat a problem is going to kill bennies. its an oxidizer.

R

roasthawg

Anyone else want to chime in on this. Nutrilife says it does not harm bennies and I don't have a scope so looking for the truth. I run og biowar and aptus nutes so I'm very concerned that I'm wasting a lot of money by running sm90 thru the res three times a week. Product has been good but maybe could be better if I'm killing all the bennies I'm putting in. Or maybe things are just fine... tough to tell w/out a scope. I use the sm90 as I had a terrible problem with both root aphids and fungus gnats before and once killed w/chems the sm90 seems to keep them away.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I thought SM-90 was mostly plant essential oils. I honestly don't know if they kill beneficial microbes, but I do use plant essential oils and beneficials as an organic cultivator. I think you're ok with SM-90.

2DogWalker

@Seamaiden ...
When using sm90 as a foliar I'm always perplexed by the use every three days up to three applications.... Am I reading it that sm90 should only be used three times during a plants life cycle? and what application rate are ppl using for foliar use? I've used up to the recommended 1 parts sm90 to 5 parts water w no Ill effects...really love the smell..

Thanks in advance to anyone taking the time to reply.

2dog

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I'll have to take a look at my own bottle, 2Dog. I'll admit, I haven't used it in quite a while because I'd gotten it to deal with fungus gnats and it didn't help me one bit. Then I started using it to mix my MicroHume because that stuff is super hydrophobic and the SM-90 got it into the water column perfectly (little tip for folks there) and that's all I ever use it for. And since THEN, I realized any oil that I can mix into water (anything that's got an emulsifier in it) can be used to get my MicroHume mixed into my feeds & foliars.

Maybe I have the label on my machine, hold on, BRB.

Yep, that's how I'm reading it, every three days UP TO three applications. Ooo... they don't say exactly what's in it. "Natural plant oils" and solute of water, pH 9.2.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
That sure ain't the SM-90 I've got in my basement.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Awesomejuice! From THAT, I was able to find a much better and far more complete MSDS, and from that... the money savings continue in Sea's household. <sigh> Ahhh.. I love doing that. :)

That's the SM-90 I have, btw.

R

roasthawg

I quit using it... haven't heard anyone with a scope confirm or deny whether or not sm90 harms bennies. Between using aptus and og biowar I'm spending too much money on bennies to risk it. So until I get a straight answer from someone I trust with no dog in the fight (sorry nutrilife) sm90 is out for me (save as an emulsifier for some sprays maybe). If the fungus gnats or even worse the root aphids come back in record timing I might have to rethink my whole setup though!

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
As far as I know SM 90 is oil, and I have no idea why they would recommend running it in the rez... I do believe it would inhibit fungi growth (good fungi) but I am not positive.Generally, oils and bennies don't mix. You should wait about a week in between running the two.

N

Noreastfog

I used to run SM90 in my res but not since I've run with Cap's bennies.

I also used to have root issues but not since I've run with Cap's bennies.

2 L tea in a 100L tank and I'm good for a week +

I have several 16 pot Ebb-n-Grow systems and the res's smell like dirt and that's a good thing.

Top Bottom