Smacking kief. Morrocan technique

• Thread starter canadaseed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
canadaseed

canadaseed

My idea comes from hearing of Moroccan hash made with this technique. You take a large amount of kief and inside a leather pouch or similar material you proceed to smack the pouch for a long time up to a few hours possibly, until you get a taffy like texture. Imo if the trichs were at a nice warm temp like 60f would probably help the oils to blend. I haven't seen much on here about this method was wondering what you guys thought?

Dunge

Dunge

I don't think this is how it's done in Morocco.
I believe the product is well dried and smacked to break up the veg.
A physical separation of the dust results in a product much the same way as ice water extraction.
I'm thinking that concentrations of oils exist within tissues and when properly prepared they can be isolated by smacking.
The resultant powder is hot pressed into Moroccan hash.
I witnessed this hot press phase in the early 70s.
Overnight in a farm house a few hours north of Fes.

canadaseed

canadaseed

That's what I thought I had only heard a rumor about that method over there. It made me think of trying it tho. I have a decent amount of kief and I wondered if smacking it around like that in a bag could change the texture to a more resin waxy material?

Dunge

Dunge

The smacking action might cause disperse oil repositories to aggregate as they collide.
Now you have me wanting to do this.
I remember seeing images of modern hash bashers.
The bag looked like a high tech Teflon thing, but it might just as well been a tight weave linen.
It was like a pillow case, about half full of veg and lots of air in the bag.
The guy was smacking it with a switch causing lots of rapid billowing within the bag.
I believe it is then sieved to create grades of hash powder for hot pressing.
Or more likely, grading is done by controlling the quality of the feed veg.
At any rate, the highest grade, "Zero Zero" as it was called, was blond prior to pressing.

As an after thought, the resulting hash was not that great a product when put up against the black patties being carved up in Amsterdam; which was more like a bowling ball sized wad of finger hash; and probably made from plants whose progeny is presently being tended in my basement.

geologic

geologic

Old Pharmer
Supporter
My idea comes from hearing of Moroccan hash made with this technique. You take a large amount of kief and inside a leather pouch or similar material you proceed to smack the pouch for a long time up to a few hours possibly, until you get a taffy like texture. Imo if the trichs were at a nice warm temp like 60f would probably help the oils to blend. I haven't seen much on here about this method was wondering what you guys thought?

This process can be observed in the StrainHunters Morocco Expedition,
but in their recent Colombia Expedition;
a similar product can be seen being produced by running chunks of kief through--
a meat grinder...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipYPLTArkcU

Top Bottom