small cfl

• Thread starter irish red
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

irish red

does anyone know what type of philips engery bulbs can be used to veg a seedling

S

Steve Z

any type you want really, just go for household CFL's.

some will have the kelvin rating on them, some dont. just go for "daytime" bulbs, for veg your probably going to want a couple of them.

sz

jagle

jagle

standard cfl's are usually 2700k or warm white i think its called, they will work but you wil get alot of growth, a blue or 6000k is whts reccomended up im sure 2700k would work too

I

irish red

thanks for the posts. look i have 2 150w red and blue cfls. but i have 2 5week old easy bud under them so would like to have 2 seedlings being grown while the first 2 are finishing off. cant veg under the big cfls couse there 2 far away.so dose any1 have a brand of cfls that they use as small cfls for veg that i could buy in ireland like philips or what ever just 1 u have used b4.can i just go out and pick any or wat and theres no point shiting on about wat spec i need. i know wat spec i need but they dont say it on the side of the box. so any household 1s are good? steve z thanks pal think your the only one who actualy read my post.will this 1 do steve z

B

Bill Bloome

cfls

J have had great results using 150 cfls(42w) daytime bulbs in a clamp on fixture with the bowl reflector for several grows.Bulbs are 8.00 and clamp on fixture (work light) is 7.00.Both can be found at Wal Mart.Polish inside reflector using aluminum wheel polish for best results.

P

pure arghan

wot lights

if your using bulbs, ie beanets, it wont make a difrance to the make there all prity much the same but if you use long bulbs like a underlighter for say your kitchen, your best to use a daylight bulb, you can get these from your local holesaler, if they dont do it you'll have to get them from a pet store but will cost alot from a pet store, you might be able to get of ebay? but the cheepest would be a 2 foot underlighter from a eletical holesaler, where im from i can get these for £6.00. the same thing from a pet store whould cost betwen £15 to £25 depending on the store, a daylight bulb has the bigest spectrum you can get with out spending big doe and is as good as a philps full spectrum bulb, a bule bulb is a must when your veging, the blue spectrum is most used buy the plant at that stage og its life, you can buy these for around the same doe as the daylight bulb and should give more gearth and biger yeld, hope this helps and good luck with all your grows :harvest:

hiboy

hiboy

Simple to go to any home improvement store or nursery and pick up some that have a picture of a plant on it.:lock:

P

pure arghan

where do you live??

Simple to go to any home improvement store or nursery and pick up some that have a picture of a plant on it.:lock:

iv never seen them with a pic of a tree on it where do you get though's??

lazarus718

lazarus718

What's up man, sounds like you got plenty of advice on what type of cfl's to pick up (daylights are what you need for veg)...I wanted to give you a :yes with your light placement issue. I don't know if I remember the post right but I thought you said that you were finishing off a couple of ladies while you wanted to veg a new group? Not a good idea man, the most important time for your plant is while it is a seedling bro!!!
If you starve those little ones now for light they aren't going to love you so much in the end, and subjecting them to a 12/12 photoperiod would not be a wise decision. Find another space to veg them instead or wait until your girls in flower are done getting their 12 hours of beauty sleep. As far as putting together a decent makeshift light goes...I've got your answer.
I'll post a pic of my homemade cfl vegger at the end, not the best pic but that's what I had on the computer already when I read this thread. It consists of a 15ft extension cord butt spliced and heat shrunk to a waterproof socket. Then I "y-ed" it out from their with a bulb extension into two sockets. You can sit two of your fancy little cfl's you were recommended to purchase on this site right there on a suspendable cord. You can have two daylights, two warms, or one of each spectrum if you want to get real wild!
:ridinghorse:

If you want a better photo just hit me up in a PM and I'll help you out.

The Girls 1016
Top Bottom