Small panel

• Thread starter pimpmasterdlx
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aladeen OG

Aladeen OG

use your dryer line if you run 220. i used my range line for all the extras (i dont cook or use the stove really... all grill baby!)

how much you trying to run? looks like you have decent main but how much are you trying to dedicate to the grow?

pimpmasterdlx

pimpmasterdlx

How much would it cost for an electrician to com out and install a sub panel?

pimpmasterdlx

pimpmasterdlx

To start just 2000watts but eventually moving up to 4K.

Aladeen OG

Aladeen OG

honestly is going to depend on everything entailed. you could probably find some shoddy CL guy for a bill, lol.... i remember when i did mine correct out there he charged me like 600. which was a deal IMO to rewire and build me a board

Aladeen OG

Aladeen OG

To start just 2000watts but eventually moving up to 4K.
you dont need a panel if you can rock your dryer. 4K @ 220 = 18.8 / 80% of 30 amps is 24 amps. would give you enough to rock an AC and you can use the room plugs for all your fans and shit. or rock an extension cord to a board, but thats probably all he would do for just 4K (assuming ac and all the fixins too)

pimpmasterdlx

pimpmasterdlx

honestly is going to depend on everything entailed. you could probably find some shoddy CL guy for a bill, lol.... i remember when i did mine correct out there he charged me like 600. which was a deal IMO to rewire and build me a board
Do you think the panel can handle the 2k?

pimpmasterdlx

pimpmasterdlx

you dont need a panel if you can rock your dryer. 4K @ 220 = 18.8 / 80% of 30 amps is 24 amps. would give you enough to rock an AC and you can use the room plugs for all your fans and shit. or rock an extension cord to a board, but thats probably all he would do for just 4K (assuming ac and all the fixins too)
Hey
We gotta get together and chat sometime. Are you still in denver?

Aladeen OG

Aladeen OG

hell yeah dude. 2K even at 120 is about 17 amps. you could easily rock that on a 30 (anything over 80% capacity is NOT advised what so ever)

Hey
We gotta get together and chat sometime. Are you still in denver?

im back and forth house signing july 1st then im outta here with the uhaul. but im still here until then hit me up

Dunge

Dunge

Without a sub panel, you will be delivering 30 amps to 15 amp loads. If the load shorts, you will be delivering 30 amps of fire starting power to the fail.

Prop215Life

Prop215Life

With electricity I'll be honest the 80% rule is a good one and recognized by me or the national electrical code however with a grow room and the potential amount of power from ballast ac unit fans etc or if your running a hydro unit electric pumps wires and massive amounts of wires it is always recommended to have a sub panel with a shut off disconnect. Especially if your wiring was done before the 90's years of people over loading circuit causes copper to heat up and expand and then cool down and shrink causing the rubber sheath that protect the copper wife from being exposed or bare from cracking this is extremely bad when you hook a grow room up to those wires even at 80% a simple malfunction with a ballast starting up or a short could cause that wire to expand with no sheath to protect the neutral and hot touching each other causing a massive short and spArk or the sheath heating up to the point of it combusting the building material surrounding it. Believe it or not it happens all the time man. I've seen my friends go the cheap route say there fine and for one or two hours a day there running at 80+% and guess what fire trucks and sherries dept asking why this fire started. Be safe not sorry be smart not cheap rules of electrical

pimpmasterdlx

pimpmasterdlx

Where are you located. I'm a electrician certified and all been doing it for 11+ years

Evergreen. But this is just one house that I'm looking at. I would love to know an electrician out here for future projects.

Prop215Life

Prop215Life

I'm in California I would love to help man but that's one hell of a drive HahahahaHahahaha

Prop215Life

Prop215Life

Fair price for a sub panel if you bought the material and your main panel isn't hard to access If I was to go out to a house and bid id say 50 per hour now a for a sub panel that's like 20 feet from the main and I could run Romeo under the house or through the attic I'd do it for like a hundred out the door for a friend if do it for some beer and some BBQ steaks hahaha

Top Bottom