Small scale BHO extractor tube help

• Thread starter yuhj5
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Y

yuhj5

hey guys i was thinking about making a small BHO extractor tube from a 16cm EHLE diffused downstem. would this be possible? i figure the stem could hold about 2-3g of bud. i know its not alot but if i were able to make a small scale extraction work, it would be nice to have some oil to smoke now and then. my area never has any. oil or hash, but plenty of dank

anyway i was thinking of just attaching the coffee filter or filter on the end with zip ties, and securing a lid using teflon tape and zip ties maybe? am i a retard for asking this? :bong-hits:

any help is greatly appreciated

edit: here's a couple pics of the downstem
03293.jpg

03293_02.jpg

P

PureSugar

That should work, I think from the way I'm reading your description you want to make a cap for the larger end and have the extract com eout at the diffused end. I think I would do it the other way, secure the coffee filter to the large opening with a zip tie just behind the bezel. The trick is finding something to cover the holes of the diffuser. You need to make sure whatever material you use that the butane won't break it down. You just need to cover the side holes and the butane should fit in the center hole if not wedge one of the adapters that come with the butane cans into the hole and shot the butane through that.

Clever idea for small runs.. but I think if people want to go out and buy downstems for this purpose non diffused would be a better choice.

D

Donk Frog

Dude ..save yourself time and buy a honeybee for small runs....(20-25g)
but props on being creative:)

Graywolf

Graywolf

hey guys i was thinking about making a small BHO extractor tube from a 16cm EHLE diffused downstem. would this be possible? i figure the stem could hold about 2-3g of bud. i know its not alot but if i were able to make a small scale extraction work, it would be nice to have some oil to smoke now and then. my area never has any. oil or hash, but plenty of dank

anyway i was thinking of just attaching the coffee filter or filter on the end with zip ties, and securing a lid using teflon tape and zip ties maybe? am i a retard for asking this? :bong-hits:

any help is greatly appreciated

edit: here's a couple pics of the downstem
03293.jpg

03293_02.jpg

Yup! It should work. Kudos and accolades for thinking............!

GW

R

redhotTI

Dude ..save yourself time and buy a honeybee for small runs....(20-25g)
but props on being creative:)

or you can buy a stainless steel turkey baster for "small" runs... theyll usually hold up to an oz, but you can cut them down to desired size. mine is cut to fit 14g stuffed toight

NwolkZark

NwolkZark

Iv'e done this with a standard roor 1 piece down stem before, If you can get ahold of a can of vector butane it comes with 6 different plastic tips to fit random lighters and whatever. You put a stock bowl into the diffy, then find the right tip for the vector can to fit the hole in the bowl, and you can shoot the tane thru the bowl no problems long as the bowls not ridiculously deep. Having all those holes at the bottom of the diffy might make it spray weird so use a deep dish, and I left enough coffee filter that i could hold it a little incase the it went shooting off, should be fine beyond its a small run. The stainless steel basters are only 7$ at bed bath beyond to hack up alternatively. It only took about 2 diffy runs to realize it was time for something bigger ;)

------
Just thinkin I use a glass extractor with a decent size hole in it, and don't need to use filters. Those diffy holes shouldn't be that much if any larger, you could almost cram it in tight enough you wouldn't even need a coffee filter if the diffy holes are small enough. It would probably spray like a volcano tho. There would be no/very little back pressure and some argue this helps with yield. Seems beyond the point with a run this small. Ehh I guess you can only elaborate on ghetto ways to do things so long, haha, good luck.

P

PureSugar

I could be wrong... but I think if you dont use a filter not only are you probably gonna get sprayed with butane you will end up with vegative matter in your final product.

Let us know how it works.

NwolkZark

NwolkZark

With the diffy its entirely possible, the glass tube I use that i was relating to was designed to be used without a filter.

Rev1
Y

yuhj5

thx for the replies! yea i'll probably upgrade to a turkey baster setup in the future when i'm growing. I just wanted to see if it was possible to do a small 2-3 grams run for a small amount of oil....havent been able to find any info really on small-scale runs.

probably going to try what puresugar said. the diffuser holes are 3mm wide so i think i will need a screen. only problem i can think of is i think butane nozzles might be a little big for the bottom hole on the diffused end. going to see if i can find a can around the house. I'll report back when i know more. thx for the help :icon_cookie:

Y

yuhj5

With the diffy its entirely possible, the glass tube I use that i was relating to was designed to be used without a filter.

is that a sort of "1-hitter" bowl on the joint end? can't really tell how it's filtered

NwolkZark

NwolkZark

Its not filtered, the thing at the joint end is just a cap with a hole big enough for the butane tip, and the hole at the other end is a little bigger. Cap is removeable to cram the tube full, then put the cap on and tane away. Some people don't like um but iv'e gotten by just fine with mine, and it allows me to do any size run that will fit in it, where basters need cut to size for smaller runs. Ya know how it goes, some like this some like that. Long as you come out with some oil:P Don't use random shitty butane either, it needs to be vector, colibiri, blah blah something with the zero impurities logo or otherwise tested. Dont use ronson or shit like that.

T

thcCree

there are small scale extraction units that they sell that do exactly what your trying to do with that down stem.. it also comes with a cap for it. they sell them online at places like keifa(?).com

Latest posts

Top Bottom