Small White Bugs On Sides Of Pots

• Thread starter Moses249
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Moses249

there r a bunch of small white bugs on the sides of my pots in my grow I thought they were springtails but I'm wondering if it's root aphids ? the plants r doing poorly and there is a bunch of yellowing in mid flower is this tell tale signs of root aphids?

M

Moses249

plants look like shit it's probably aphids or would aphids just decimate the garden?

xavier7995

xavier7995

Just battled some aphids. Small plants did not make it, heartier larger ones did but looked rough. I went with poison to treat them as I was well before flowering, merit75.

Edit: a much more ideal solution would be to use nematodes. I have another batch of soil I am going to treat with them.

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
Pics man . also as much as we all hate Monsanto met52 is a great preventative

S

SHIRDABZALOT

^^^ ....because it works.. Monsanto probably has to reformulate it so it releases the terminator gene on our mj roots as a systemic. Kinda being a smart ass.....but not really. If I dipped my dick in glyphosate do you think purpletrain would suck it? He loves monsanto

M

Moses249

i looked under a microscope at the bugs they have six legs and r white. under the microscope thier body type is almost similar to an ant. i harvested one plant and tore the roots apart piece by piece they didn't look good were a dark color and seemed to be at least partially rotten. however i didn't see any bugs on the roots crawling around and also didn't see any when i looked under the microscope. today where i harvested the plants there was a clump of schmega and when i picked it up and looked at it under the microscope there was what appeared to be larvae of whatever bug this is. the larvae just looked like snakes or worms. long white serpent like no head or anything. does this sound like root aphids? or just springtail larvae? or something else?

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Thrip:bad bug
thrips-control-1.jpg

Springtail:good bug
springtail-folsomia-candida-2-600x400.jpg

D

drw

Sorry just figured out how to add photos here . This is what I have and same. They just seam to come to life when I move the pot and come out of the sides to run around to edge of pot but don't seem to be harming the plant at all. Sprayed with sm90 and bug b gone mix but dosnt seem to control them I'm just hoping they are good bugsthat I have just learned about here . so I do have to keep stressing about them. But still would like to get this under control . thanks

20170312 111942
20170312 112244
One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Sorry just figured out how to add photos here . This is what I have and same. They just seam to come to life when I move the pot and come out of the sides to run around to edge of pot but don't seem to be harming the plant at all. Sprayed with sm90 and bug b gone mix but dosnt seem to control them I'm just hoping they are good bugsthat I have just learned about here . so I do have to keep stressing about them. But still would like to get this under control . thanks
Do they fly or just crawl looks like white fly but I'm in Australia so don't quote me as well the pic is a bit fuzzy ?

D

drw

Do they fly or just crawl looks like white fly but I'm in Australia so don't quote me as well the pic is a bit fuzzy ?

Best I could do with phone . I will try again tonight. . But. No haven't seen any flying and no bigger then in pic . If I look down side to see roots. I don't see any . They seem to be just along edge at top of soil but when I lift up Poydras. They run to top of pot and k limb on edges

Best I can do with phone . Haven't seen any flying and if I look down side of pot to roots . I don't see any . They seem to just hang out

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Best I could do with phone . I will try again tonight. . But. No haven't seen any flying and no bigger then in pic . If I look down side to see roots. I don't see any . They seem to be just along edge at top of soil but when I lift up Poydras. They run to top of pot and k limb on edges

Best I can do with phone . Haven't seen any flying and if I look down side of pot to roots . I don't see any . They seem to just hang out
Ok not white fly then they fly from plant to plant .

Homesteader

Homesteader

I think there are 100s of types of soil mites. I onced believed they were all bad but many just seem to break down SOM. It doesn't look like a root aphid to me, I think you are okay.
"Most soil mites consume dead shit"

Soil mites small

Last edited:
DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Looks like hypoaspis miles bugs, if they run fast around the pot flailing their two front legs about then thats what they are. Predatory mites that eat pest larvae, most likely put in your media at the factory for pest prevention.

Top Bottom