Smaller square scrog netting needed

• Thread starter Elev8e
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

Elev8e

Does anybody have a good option for scrog netting with smaller squares? The net I bought is far to big of squares at 4" to make it a viable option for training plants.

budsofgeorgia

budsofgeorgia

Does anybody have a good option for scrog netting with smaller squares? The net I bought is far to big of squares at 4" to make it a viable option for training plants.

Newty

Newty

You can use plant ties, zip ties, string, etc to make the squares smaller and can be removed later on if you need them bigger again.

7munkee

7munkee

I bought a piece of reinforced wire fencing from my local hardware store. I got 3x3 piece cut for $8. Its stiff but can be bent with plyers or a good strong grip.

The holes are 2x2 and the plant will not lift it as it grows like it does the string ones.
Welded wire mesh 4004121655

I built a 1" PVC frame for it for another $18.

M

monkey47

I have one from mars hydro for 70x70 cm their smallest one is 60x60 cm
60x60 is roughly 2x2 feet.

You can also make on yourself very easily just buy some fence wiring and cut it in the right size it's much more sturdy and will give better support then a net.

Wuddup_B

Wuddup_B

I made my own from green garden fencing and tomato cages. I cut the cage down to 1 ring and zip tied the fence to it make a per bucket/pot trellis for easy moving. It worked great until I decided to just use tiedowns. This allows me to grow some small cups in-between the plants where there are gaps. The tomato cage trellis blocked those unused area and I didn't want to tied multiple plants into one trellis.

Top Bottom