"smart Glass" Blocks Light On Demand

• Thread starter MrBelvedere
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MrBelvedere

MrBelvedere

http://www.livescience.com/38939-smart-glass-may-replace-curtians.html

If you Google for this this there are a few products on the market that actually do this using several methods. All involve a double pane of glass, and sandwiched in between the glass is LCD crystals or some sort of chemical. When electrical charge is applied to it we can go from clear to semi transparent to opaque. Maybe in 10 years this will be financially feasible, I'm sure for now it's cost prohibitive. If anybody could find a good priced source let me know pls! Thank you!! :)

I think long-term this is the future of the modern greenhouse!

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Could you imagine a blackout greenhouse with these panels? At a certain time of day the panels turn black and no light passes through.......Awesome!

oldirtybastard

oldirtybastard

Bad ass!! Imagine one side turning into a mirror image view, making a somewhat 'invisible' greenhouse so to speak. Shit would crazy! ~ODB~

S

smoothbud

This technology has been around since 1994 or 95. used in the best selling welding masks for several years now.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

I have installed this glass on conference rooms in commercial spaces before. Clear class that turns fogged for privacy. Cool stuff.

Top Bottom