Smart pots, 8 week veg, transplant, questions1

• Thread starter BCrocker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BCrocker

BCrocker

Setting up new garden and thinking about trying the smart pots.

Was planning on vegging 6-8 weeks... although I am not sure.

My Veg room is 13' 5" x 11' 6".

I was planning on flowering with 15 gallon smart pots. 36 plants under 18000w.

I am not sure if I will be able to fit the 15 gallon smart pots in the veg area though? Should I veg with 10 gallons or 7 gallons maybe? or will they not get enough roots that way?

wonderinalice

wonderinalice

I would go with as big of pots as possible, if your gonna veg that long. But should be ok in 10 if you have too. And 1800 watts will be a lil low on 36 plants... kinda pushing a coverage issue. Even a ten gallon will take up 2x2 area. Hope this helps. Are you running 3 600's ?

B

blackcat

With smart pots or any air pruning pot you can save a bit on medium as a smaller smart pot is equivalent to a larger regular pot.

I have a schedule for vegging in regular hard pots that may help you decide what size smart pot you may need. But keep in mind you don't need to do as many transplants with Smart pots (if you don't want to) and final pot size can be smaller.

Rooted Cutting
Week 1 - 2: 16oz beer cup (what I use) or similar pot
Week 2-3: 1 gallon pot
Week 3-4: 3-5 gallon pot
Week 4-5: 5-8 gallon pot
Week 6 - 8 into flower: 8-12 gallon pot

hope that helps. those guidelines are not set in stone your mileage may vary depending on lighting and everything else. I don't like going overkill on pot size especially if its not necessary.

BCrocker

BCrocker

I would go with as big of pots as possible, if your gonna veg that long. But should be ok in 10 if you have too. And 1800 watts will be a lil low on 36 plants... kinda pushing a coverage issue. Even a ten gallon will take up 2x2 area. Hope this helps. Are you running 3 600's ?

18000w , 18 x 1000 :)

With smart pots or any air pruning pot you can save a bit on medium as a smaller smart pot is equivalent to a larger regular pot.

I have a schedule for vegging in regular hard pots that may help you decide what size smart pot you may need. But keep in mind you don't need to do as many transplants with Smart pots (if you don't want to) and final pot size can be smaller.

Rooted Cutting
Week 1 - 2: 16oz beer cup (what I use) or similar pot
Week 2-3: 1 gallon pot
Week 3-4: 3-5 gallon pot
Week 4-5: 5-8 gallon pot
Week 6 - 8 into flower: 8-12 gallon pot

hope that helps. those guidelines are not set in stone your mileage may vary depending on lighting and everything else. I don't like going overkill on pot size especially if its not necessary.

I was thinking of doing something like that.. and ending up in 15 gal smart pots

Something like:
Week 1 - 2 (or 10 days): beer cups
Week 2-3: 1gals
Week 4-5: 5ga;
Week 6- into flower: 15gal

Or what do you think?

Top Bottom