Smart Pots And Mold

• Thread starter Irish063
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Irish063

Irish063

I have some smart pots from last season that I was going to re-use. I was wondering if this looks like mold or salt/mineral build up.
I used Roots Organic nutes and some molasses last season. Sorry this may not be the best pic

Smart pots and mold
Ignignokt

Ignignokt

Ok, so you asked twice with the same photo. I still think it looks like crystalline precipitate. Just wash it, fer cryin out loud. Use a little bleach if you are worried about biological contamination. And back off the nutrients if you are using soil. That is probably money, in a likely insoluble salt form.

Irish063

Irish063

Yeah sorry, I thought my internet acted up and didn't post it.
Lol. Yes, I was thinking the same thing. I realized I used way to much last season and watered too often. Beginners learning curve.
I was thinking I could wash it just thought I'd make sure. I'd hate to put the plants in there and have to fight something off.

Ignignokt

Ignignokt

Good soil has about the first month covered, all built in. A good worm-casting tea and very light nutrients are usually all you need after that if you have good root action.

Irish063

Irish063

Good soil has about the first month covered, all built in. A good worm-casting tea and very light nutrients are usually all you need after that if you have good root action.

Thanks. I'm definitely going with less is more this go round. Plus a different soil mix. Last season I was told "how to mix my own" by someone in my town and knowing what I know now, it was not sufficient.

I tried to do some AACT but I think I need more work on brewing it.

Learning more everyday.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Thanks. I'm definitely going with less is more this go round. Plus a different soil mix. Last season I was told "how to mix my own" by someone in my town and knowing what I know now, it was not sufficient.

I tried to do some AACT but I think I need more work on brewing it.

Learning more everyday.
Theres a good tutorial/recipe for aact in my sig link.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Thanks man
I mix
30 ml of GH vegan blend
1 cup worm castings blended in a smoothie blender with water
5 teaspoons of unsulphered molasses
1 scoop of great white mycos
5 gallon bucket of tap water that has already been bubbling overnight
I bubble the mixture overnight before using and the plants love it, I also mix with regular nutes and then Ph before using.

Irish063

Irish063

I mix
30 ml of GH vegan blend
1 cup worm castings blended in a smoothie blender with water
5 teaspoons of unsulphered molasses
1 scoop of great white mycos
5 gallon bucket of tap water that has already been bubbling overnight
I bubble the mixture overnight before using and the plants love it, I also mix with regular nutes and then Ph before using.
I bet they love that! Thanks for the recipe. Yeah mine was way different last season. Just alphalpha mea, unsulfured molasses, and some composted mushroom. Im sure there are 100 different recipes. Just thinking mine may have been a little lacking.
Ive thought bubbling my water over night before I pH and fede them. Gonna have to give it a shot.

R

rascali

Pots are cheap, POT isn't - I throw away perfectly good pots all the time when I keep that in mind...

Latest posts

Top Bottom