Smart pots ????

• Thread starter cooper1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
cooper1

cooper1

DOES ANY ONE USE THESE I WANT TO GET THEM MAKES SCENTS TO ME
I WANT TO GET THE 5 GALLONS BUT ONE BUT IS IT GOOD TO PUT A SMALL CLONE I A HUGE MASS OF DIRT IT TAKE LIKE 2 WEEK TO DRY

IF ANY ONE USES THEM LET ME KNOW HOW GOOD THEY ARE BEFORE I THROW A BUNCH OF MONEY AT THEM :character0025:

O

Old HAGgler

i love how the title is so elegantly put YET EVERYTHING ELSE IS CAPS LOCK. MUST BE A SERIOUS ISSUE

i use smart pots...

im always thinkin that if they grow more in the soil you'll need not as big of a container.

if its a just rooted clone you could go with a 1 gallon.

5 gallon is crazy though IMO

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

Go big or go home with Smart Pots.

I have been growing with them for many years. I do not recomend starting in anything smaller than what you plan on finishing it in.
When I was groiwng in soil. I took clones straight out of the clone bucket with many roots and put it into a number 10 smart pot which is about 10 gallons. I did not have to veg as long. My plants were wider than taller, had a gigantic root mass.
Leave them in the same container the whole time. The roots will pretty much eat up th3e soil in veg. In about 3 weeks of veg there will about 2 or 3 inches on top that has lowered over time. About a week before I put them flower I top dress them with about 3 inches of fresh potting soil. That gives them more nutes untill finished.
If you go with a smaller one you will have one hell of a time getting the plant out of the smart pot to transplant it. The roots will "air prune" themselves and get stuck in the smart pot itself.
That is why SP are better. The roots do not go around the pot. The roots grow straight out the side and I think back into the soil.
One tip if you do go with the 1 gallon. You can always "Wedding Cake" style it, which is where you cut about 1/3rd of the bottom off the smaller pot and put it into a larger 7 gallon pot and burry it about a 3 inches so it looks like a wedding cake. This way it allows the roots to grow into new soil. The drawbacks are you lost your Smart pot.
But yes they are worth the money spent. You can re wash them. I take them to the Dry Cleaners after use. It is kinda funny looking at the people when you tell them you want them cleaned.

cooper1

cooper1

cool man fiinally some one with a brain
the smart pot are the shit it make so much scents i was thing about going with th 5 but now im think 10 im in ri and i can only do 12 in the veg room im trying to get bushes here i want to get 3-4 pound a grow now im think the 5 gallon will be to small i got 2 1000 watt in a 12 -10 bed room vented reflectors the room is perfect im going to order them now

J

JAHGYDI

i put my clones and seedlings in #5 or 7s it takes 2 days to dry out. i get lots a roots.

cooper1

cooper1

dam really what kind of soil do you use i been use pro mix hp but i really dont like it much so far it holds to much water i was useing ocean forest and loved it the sec it dryed out from a clone it took off like a weed lol
in the ocean forest the water runs out so much better i think because of the oyster shell i want to try to mix the ocean forest with the pro mix mix i made it might be just right :dance

i took a cube of pro mix hp and 2/3 of a big bag of fox farm perlite i got them in round plastic nursery pots i really hate them i just got back after a two year break i was killing it 2 year ago but i kind of fuck up my first run back i for got how much you really go to let them dry and for got that they like to stay dry for a while
and in like week 5 in flower i added floralicious plus i miss read the label it said put 1\4 of a tea in 5 gallons i put 1 table spoon for a gallon i must of been really high because i know better i use it with great successm but it just stop makeing crystel or any smell from that point on
but this next run is kickin ass i clone every thing so i really lost nothing

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

My soil recipe is the Moonshine Mix with a lil varience.

1 bag Fox farm Ocean Forest
1 bag Fox farm ligth warrior
1 bag Happy Frog Potting Soil
1/2 bag of Big and Chunky Perlite
1 cup Peice of Mind Fruit and Flower
4 cups of Earth Work Castings
1 coffe can of Green Sand or Playground Sand
1/2 bag of flocked Coco, Buy the best brand

I used to have at least a 50 gallon barrel full for standby.
About 1.5 week before flower I would Top Dress each Container with about 3 inches of the fresh soil.
Most of the time this was enough nutes inside so you can just water only the whole way thru flower. Sometimes you might get a plant that is showing it needs nutes around week 3 in flower and I will hit it with a 1/4 strength Bloom Food for 2 waterings.
I wuold veg for about 3 weeks and flower for 8-9 weeks and pull at least a qp a plant but usually got about 7-9 oucnes per plant W/O Co2.

C

Cannibis Cajun

look up a super soil mix and get an r/o machine . now you will be a true organic grower

F

Frankie Pebbles

I use smart pots for my final potting. I go from clone to 18oz. cup for one week or until look vigorous. Then into a standard plastic one gallon pot until needs transplanting. Final potting into a #3 smart pot. Along with not drowning the roots out in huge space; Feel like this is great way to conserver soil if plants don't take.. no wasted product. However you choose to use the smart pots you will be happy. They are a great product and do enhance growth and root stimulation.

cooper1

cooper1

i just order 6 10 gallon and 6 5 gallons going big

i like that play ground sand i live like 5 min from the beach do you thing the beach sand will have salt in it ?

i think i might use that mix next run i got a shit load of gear going right now just phneo finding

dlovejah

dlovejah

Ive started using a few smart pots lately...They were giving them out at a music festival in Colorado.. Ive tried the 3 and 5 gallons and the plants are doing really well.. The only thing I dont like about them so far is the shape.. There short and wide .. I wish they were leaner and deeper similar to the shape of grow bags... The plants definately respire very quickly in them and theres good aeration.. Ill have a firmer oppinion once I get late in flower with them... two cents... d Im running Organic Sunshine mix in them

norcal215

norcal215

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
im a strain hoarder and have 28 moms in the #3 bags i thought they were kinda small but boy my moms love them very much, i think i am going to go buy 60 of them for my flower room the do what they say they will, i cant push a full finger into the soil as my root mass is one giant mass and solid just my 2 cents from experience with them, on another note i have used the airpots the ones with holes all over the pot, they are a waste in my oppinion smart pots hands down

F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
dlovejah. I felt the same way at first but after using them for a while I started liking the wide short better. I just picked up 9 More #7's yesterday.

I agree Frankie....great product.......keeps the roots happy for longer then plastic and gave me a better yield as aresult. They store easy and are tuff enough to re-use many many times. My favorite thing is they keep things clean. They don't leak soil out the drain holes leaving a muddy mess in the pans.

leadplant

leadplant

Ive been curious about these things for awhile.
There are smart pots and air pots.
Smart pots are the bag fabric type and air pots have
the "high tech" look with knobby plastic walls with holes.
Correct me if I got that backwards.

I'm leaning more to the air pots. Where's the best place to find 'em?

dlovejah

dlovejah

dlovejah. I felt the same way at first but after using them for a while I started liking the wide short better. I just picked up 9 More #7's yesterday.

I agree Frankie....great product.......keeps the roots happy for longer then plastic and gave me a better yield as aresult. They store easy and are tuff enough to re-use many many times. My favorite thing is they keep things clean. They don't leak soil out the drain holes leaving a muddy mess in the pans.

Thats good to hear Fred.. I think im just not used to the shape.. The plants really are looking great in the SmartPots.. Im sold these things are sweet and Ill think Ill grab some 7 gallons next.

F

Frankie Pebbles

They store easy and are tuff enough to re-use many many times.

Best thing is aruguing w/ the laundry mat lady.. "Naw this will not get dirt in the washers??" "Its only 200 pots... I'm paying for five washers??"

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

Ive started using a few smart pots lately...They were giving them out at a music festival in Colorado.. Ive tried the 3 and 5 gallons and the plants are doing really well.. The only thing I dont like about them so far is the shape.. There short and wide .. I wish they were leaner and deeper similar to the shape of grow bags... The plants definately respire very quickly in them and theres good aeration.. Ill have a firmer oppinion once I get late in flower with them... two cents... d Im running Organic Sunshine mix in them

This is one of the many benefits of Smart Ports is being short and wide. Marijuana grows best in short and wide containers. It the roots WANT to grow WIDE not short. With a wide container you get bigger roots.

You all know you CAN make these for pennies on the dollar by making them yourself. Go to Case De Depot or Lowes and buy a roll of Garden Weed Blocker, It is pretty much the same fabric as Smart Pots. Just a tad bit thinner.
Take a Smart Pot any size you want to use and take it apart. Now you have a Patern to go by. Just cut out your design and sew it up. Takes about 5 minutes to sew one up. Costs about $1.00 for a #10 if that. It is a good way to save some bucks.

Also you do water differently when using smart pots. DO NOT water all at once when watering. YOu need to water a little at first. This is So very important. Let it soak into the SP and soil. Then go back and water it again about 10-15 minutes later till you get about 20% runoff

S

skindeep35

This is one of the many benefits of Smart Ports is being short and wide. Marijuana grows best in short and wide containers. It the roots WANT to grow WIDE not short. With a wide container you get bigger roots.

You all know you CAN make these for pennies on the dollar by making them yourself. Go to Case De Depot or Lowes and buy a roll of Garden Weed Blocker, It is pretty much the same fabric as Smart Pots. Just a tad bit thinner.
Take a Smart Pot any size you want to use and take it apart. Now you have a Patern to go by. Just cut out your design and sew it up. Takes about 5 minutes to sew one up. Costs about $1.00 for a #10 if that. It is a good way to save some bucks.

Also you do water differently when using smart pots. DO NOT water all at once when watering. YOu need to water a little at first. This is So very important. Let it soak into the SP and soil. Then go back and water it again about 10-15 minutes later till you get about 20% runoff

ive got some blue dreams i had to transplant cuz the soil i bought sucked....long story

anyway.... i got to see the roots after only week in DAMP, FUUUUUUUUUCKED up soil mix from clones and the root systems were HUGE and HEALTHY

smarts pot all the way

its all about the aeration baby:bubblez:

cooper1

cooper1

i think i might do the same i mix a cube of pro mix hp with like 2\3 of a big bag of perlite there way to much perlite it stays wet for ever but dry on the top the soil wont come together it just a shit load of perlite and they wont take off im going top mix what i have with like 5 bags of ocean forest like lime a little 2 cups of play ground sand and some castings i hope she will be vigor after that

Latest posts

Top Bottom