Smartcurrent meters being installed in SE MI. WTF?

• Thread starter Shamrock
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Shamrock

DTE came to my house today and handed my girl a little flyer explaining these smartcurrent meters and said they were going to install one.

The flyer doesnt give much info. It says that it allows them to read your meter remotely and your bill will be more accurate.

Anyone know anything about these or had one installed? I havent noticed if they put them in at the houses around me. I have been working a lot lately.

P

paperplane

Tell them you do not want it. They are dangerous to your health. They use un shielded RF, Its is a known carcinogen.

C

cheech

I've got one, everything seems to be alright - other than that I'm apparently slowly dying from rf radiation?

S

Shamrock

Tell them you do not want it. They are dangerous to your health. They use un shielded RF, Its is a known carcinogen.

The only reason they knocked was because they know that we have pitbulls and asked that they not be let out while she changed the meter.

If it wasnt for the dogs I probably wouldnt even know that I have the damn thing.

S

Shamrock

I work on cell phone towers. I eat RF for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I love how it makes me feel all warm and tingly inside.

F

FatMarty

They knocked here to tell me that they would be turning power off for 15 minutes within the hour. I turned off computer and lights and I'm guessing the power was off for less than 5 minutes while they switched meters.

It was no big deal really.

One thing I read local was that some people had house fires from hot spots at the back of the meter housing when they first started installing these meters; so it was advised to go out and feel the wall and housing around your meter for hot spots a few times after the change.

I haven't heard anything new about fires; so I think they quietly fixed whatyever that cause was.

F

FatMarty

I've got one, everything seems to be alright - other than that I'm apparently slowly dying from rf radiation?

It takes a lot of RF power to affect you this way, and if these RF devices are endangering your health then you are in mortal danger from all of the Radio and Television towers spitting out millions of times the energy of a smart meter.

Bluetooth is RF. Your remote control is RF. Your wireless router is RF.
The area of your home with the least amount of RF pollution may very well be next to your smart meter. Don't sweat it.

S

swisscheese

People out west seem to be having lots of problems from all the rf smart meters not very excited to get one.

D

Dr.Smitty

Got one installed a couple months back after requesting not to have one put in.

My hydro bill has more then doubled,a person still comes to read it and I feel my health and privacy has been jeopardized.

I think they SUCK.

OGONLY

OGONLY

I've heard and read nothing but bad things about these meters. Too bad we are powerless against the electric companies. No company should a monopoly on something so important as electricity.

K

kolah

I've heard and read nothing but bad things about these meters. Too bad we are powerless against the electric companies. No company should a monopoly on something so important as electricity.

You are only powerless if you let them enslave you. We all have the option to use less electricity, invest in solar, wind and water power and tell them to kiss ass. I am 100% off grid and love it. I did not have thousands of bucks to buy a large solar setup (and pay some dipshit to istall it) so I did it in small chunks and insatlled it myself (not rocket science). I bought a few panels and two batteries and went on from there. I also learned to live without wasteful electric appliances (toasters, blow dryers, electric heaters,etc.) I do have a backup gas generator when needed. I took a propane fridge and stove out of a travel trailer camper and installed them in my home. I heat by wood stove. I have no use for electric companies and love it. I also like the fact that no one can trespass on my property.

F

FatMarty

I kinda look at these meters like On-Star. They have the potential to do great harm to personal liberty and it sucks ass not having a choice on whether they install one or not.

But having recognized the dangers I catergorize them right about where I do owning a laptop or an automobile.

Unknown to most is the fact for many years there has been a chip implanted in every laptop sold in US that the government can use to walk right in and browse your files with. There are chips in your smart TVs, and chips will soon be in your smart toasters for some odd reason: like your cell phone that tracks your every move when prompted from afar you are not going to stop technologies grip on your freedoms in this political environment.

The only way to stop this sort of thing is to vote for people you trust to implement the proper security stops to prevent bad things from happening when the power commission votes yes or no for smart toasters and cell phone regulations.

This is not going to happen though.
We elect insider traders we call congress and they screw US in the butt with no grease; over and over again we both pratice the same insanity and most of US sit on partisan fences that insures only 20% of the voters decide every major election. Those 20% are always forced to compromise between two evils.

Proud Independent Voter.
Wake up or history will rightly record that Americans were too stupid to live.

The first step would be for the Partisans to stop nominating morons.
It sure would make my job easier and more meaningful.

Latest posts

Top Bottom