smell loss

• Thread starter turbo321
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

turbo321

Looking for anybody to help answer why I'm loosing the smell after drying process has completed.Put in a dark place,temp 60-70* air circulating for about 4-6 days or until dry.Afterwards the smell is completely gone.Any help would be appreciated. Thx

W

washington

More info needed, strain,drying process you used, What have you done up to this point?

smokum

smokum

Look into 'curing'......

After initial dry I always go to jars (and the process) to bring back the smell/flavor as well as gain potency. This takes a min of approx 2 weeks, yet I prefer 3-6 months.

St3ve

St3ve

Look into 'curing'......

After initial dry I always go to jars (and the process) to bring back the smell/flavor as well as gain potency. This takes a min of approx 2 weeks, yet I prefer 3-6 months.

+1

bobby

bobby

Don't circulate the air....turn off all wall fans to slow down the drying....but if you try this and your smell still sucks, it's probably your strain.

I've grown many many strains and have noticed that some strains simply have the desired characteristics and some do not.

P

paulycali

Drying and curing is an art for sure. Takes time to perfect

Genetics play a big role in this part as well

Could've just been some bunk genetics or you might have cut them down to early

Most of the smells reappear and are stronger once the curing process has taken off

Cort

Cort

You need to have some air moving or else you will get mold. Just dont have the fans blowing directly on it.

The cure will bring it back out.

marski420

marski420

Mold will occur depending on humidity as well as how big and dense the buds are. If you are growing monster kolas then put a fan on it.. if just normal sized buds and about 40% -50% RH no fan needed.

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

Lots of threads done on this topic. You can learn all you want to know by searching & reading those threads. G/L
-fader

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Look into 'curing'......

Smell and flavor definately, but more potent?? How does a glass mason jar create more THC?? Maybe it helps preserve potency, but I don't see how it gains potency.

St3ve

St3ve

Technically it does get more potent as as it cures. But no more potent than drying it out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom