Smelly Industrial

• Thread starter HookedonPonics
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
HookedonPonics

HookedonPonics

Whats up dudes an dudettes, ive been running an industrial type space for the past 6 month, I have automotive businesses on both sides of me. Around harvest and the week im drying, no matter how well i seal the rooms I cannot get the smell not to leak out. Its not crazy bad but I can smell it as soon as I open the main door and faintly when I walk right up to my door outside. Im worried it might be leaking into neighboring units although i sealed all cracks the best i could. I just finished harvesting so im looking to remodel or fix this problem now. Any ideas guys?

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Do you use any filters in your dry rooms?

When you say automotive, do you mean sales or mechanics? If mechanics I would imagine the shop could already have its own odor, i.e. grease, oil, gas...

ohthatguy8

ohthatguy8

I bought a vaportek 4000. Works pretty good but I'm skeptical about the cartridge lasting 120 days. sounds like you would need more than one as well.

HookedonPonics

HookedonPonics

The spot is 2400sq ft and i have two of the biggest carbon scrubbers on the market, im going to get a few vaporteks and see how they work. One is a mechanic, the other side is a rich guy who fixes up hot rods in his spare time. All of my rooms were built by a contractor an are sealed up tight. I even got those rubber slider things you put under the crack of your door. Im also going to experiment with negative pressure in my dry room. This problem didnt really start until I started growing mainly OGs haha. Thanks alot guys ill keep you posted

Billyboat

Billyboat

The spot is 2400sq ft and i have two of the biggest carbon scrubbers on the market, im going to get a few vaporteks and see how they work. One is a mechanic, the other side is a rich guy who fixes up hot rods in his spare time. All of my rooms were built by a contractor an are sealed up tight. I even got those rubber slider things you put under the crack of your door. Im also going to experiment with negative pressure in my dry room. This problem didnt really start until I started growing mainly OGs haha. Thanks alot guys ill keep you posted

My set ups are similar and I have two big blue ozone generators in the open warehouse and 5 cap small generators through out the warehouse and by all the doors.

And two can150s per room, and can 100s in the hallways,

HookedonPonics

HookedonPonics

My set ups are similar and I have two big blue ozone generators in the open warehouse and 5 cap small generators through out the warehouse and by all the doors.

And two can150s per room, and can 100s in the hallways,

hey billy. I checked out your low count beds, your passion shows in your work for suuuure. Have you ever tested or done a side by side with the 2 to 3 plant beds against plants in smart pots? If so did the beds give you better results? How deep are your 5 x 5 beds? Right now im testing 9 plants under 4kw in 10g pots of pure coco in one of my rooms and it looks like I could still get 1gpw once dialed a few runs down the road. I might have to give the beds a go next run.

HookedonPonics

HookedonPonics

Ya TD ill totally take down my up to code, sealed, insulated, and drywalled rooms to pin up panda walls insulated by air. Im sure ill have way less problems with smell..

Billyboat

Billyboat

hey billy. I checked out your low count beds, your passion shows in your work for suuuure. Have you ever tested or done a side by side with the 2 to 3 plant beds against plants in smart pots? If so did the beds give you better results? How deep are your 5 x 5 beds? Right now im testing 9 plants under 4kw in 10g pots of pure coco in one of my rooms and it looks like I could still get 1gpw once dialed a few runs down the road. I might have to give the beds a go next run.

Thanks, my life revolves around my rooms! :)

Those beds I use are 3x3 or 3x6s, I just make the screen/canopy 5x5, 5x12 etc. They are about 10-12" deep with 2" of perlite at the bottom.

I used to run smart pots, 5, 7, and 10s...beds crush em

You can't beat the root growth.

HookedonPonics

HookedonPonics

I dig it, i always tell myself that i need a life outside of growing, then i sit down and realize its one of the few things i still enjoy besides my reef tanks. Next run I am going to do a side by side with a 4x8 bed with 6 plants and a 4x8 trey with six 7g smarties. See what shines for me, im sure beds will crush em. How often are you feeding your beds come peak flower? Do you feed until you have run off everytime?

Billyboat

Billyboat

I dig it, i always tell myself that i need a life outside of growing, then i sit down and realize its one of the few things i still enjoy besides my reef tanks. Next run I am going to do a side by side with a 4x8 bed with 6 plants and a 4x8 trey with six 7g smarties. See what shines for me, im sure beds will crush em. How often are you feeding your beds come peak flower? Do you feed until you have run off everytime?

Currently watering every other day, but toward the end it's gonna be everyday...my beds are much more volume then most people run but I just add a bunch of perlite... Each 3x6 bed is 280 gallons of soil or so.

I don't water with any run off unless I'm doing a flush, I feed lightly each time.

HookedonPonics

HookedonPonics

An update, I did my best to seal any small cracks in the roof and walls of my unit and hung two more carbon scrubbers in the unit and 2 vaporteks one by the door and another up near the ceiling, ill know in a few weeks when things get saucy in there if these things will keep up at full stank

Billyboat

Billyboat

I noticed after the earthquake hit a month back, some of the seals I made with expandable foam had cracked and you could see light passing through...just something I had never though about double checking

N

noone88

What has worked for us is:

1) The drying room is built using plywood and also sealed using tar at the bottom of the plywood. We also put plywood on the adjacent walls that connect the units together.
2) You need ozone generators. This is one of the best ways to eliminate smell.

MedicineFarm

MedicineFarm

that negative pressure should do the trick 24/7 is the ticket on those last few weeks and through drying. see if you can feel around the cracks in the front door or garage door to see if you can feel air coming in letting you know that pressure is working.

MedicineFarm

MedicineFarm

An update, I did my best to seal any small cracks in the roof and walls of my unit and hung two more carbon scrubbers in the unit and 2 vaporteks one by the door and another up near the ceiling, ill know in a few weeks when things get saucy in there if these things will keep up at full stank
full stank is an awesome problem to have! LMFAO!!!

Top Bottom