Smelly jar, need help please!

• Thread starter D0m
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D0m

D0m

Hey friends! I just harvested and everything seemed fine but now that I’m curing one of my jars smells “off”. Just wondering what all your thoughts are (I posted a picture of the bud opened and there is purple inside so I’m hoping it’s not bud rot but it’s also power plant and I grow at low temps generally).

the weird thing is my RH was at 60-65% while drying, my temp was at 68 and my fans/periodic exhaust was on all the time. Never had this happen before, the buds are nice just very dark in general and so were the plants in early veg so dark colour is anticipated. Nothing gooey or easy to rip off, no white anywhere and no black dots.

Anyways, let me know what you guys think please! My brain can’t figure this out right now. Please be honest if you think its bud rot! I’ve never had it so I’m not 100% sure what it looks/smells like

4D5DC53E BEE9 4E1B ABA4 29BEE56A8B4B
6D1E6006 8C79 4C6E 896A 259B518524E7
nashobaTHC

nashobaTHC

If your buds feel moist then empty the entire jar onto a clean surface and let it air dry for 4-6 hours. If you have many jars check them all. If they’re really moist you may also want to put them in a brown paper bag, filled 1/4 full, laid sideways, and closed with a paper clip. Open the bag to check buds next day. I’m a regular user of the bag method (autos in bag). Hang to dry for 5-7 days, bag for 2-3 days, then jar and burp as needed.

B23320B7 E725 4984 ABF2 EC8B662A30FB
D0m

D0m

If your buds feel moist then empty the entire jar onto a clean surface and let it air dry for 4-6 hours. If you have many jars check them all. If they’re really moist you may also want to put them in a brown paper bag, filled 1/4 full, laid sideways, and closed with a paper clip. Open the bag to check buds next day. I’m a regular user of the bag method (autos in bag). Hang to dry for 5-7 days, bag for 2-3 days, then jar and burp as needed.
Sounds good, I’ll put them in a paper bag to stay overnight and I’ll check them tomorrow, they’re not that wet at all but I rather be safe than sorry. There was no condensation on the glass jar, I have boveda 62 packs with rh meters in the jar and the meter read 64%

Ponky

Ponky

Look at the end of the stem where the bud is cut. Is there a brown or black ring where it was cut?

Dye

Dye

There is a very strong ammonia smell when you open your jar and if has mold.
a faint moldy smell means you caught it in time. It happens. When you have bud rot
it truly smells like ammonia there is no mistaking it!

Dye

Dye

There is a very strong ammonia smell when you open your jar and if has mold.
a faint moldy smell means you caught it in time. It happens. When you have bud rot
it truly smells like ammonia there is no mistaking it!
I noticed stems cut the stems out, stems hold moisture!

HippiHemuli

HippiHemuli

I dont see bud rot in pictures. Can you take pic little closer? 🙂

Top Bottom