Smoke Damage

• Thread starter budmeister
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

budmeister

I recently had a fire indoor in the grow room. This happened one day before I was to harvest on full moon. The crop has some smoke damage, especially to the taller plants. The shorter one seemed to escape most of the smoke as it was layered. I managed to get into the room and put out the fire myself before it became a total loss.

Most of the crop needs to be processed into a concentrate. What is the best way to process this to get out any smell or toxicity. Some of the buds have no bad smell and tests we made proved exceptional in the high. The whole crop is quite potent. It was probably my best crop yet in quality and I hate to just throw it all out.

Anyone have experience with processing this kind of product?

G

Green Supreme

I feel the smoke may permeate the resin. Once had a friend dry his weed too close to a wood stove. Nothing done could remove the smell and taste. Good luck. Peace GS

IPlay4Keepz

IPlay4Keepz

Maybe if you use a highly selective solvent to make your concentrate such as butane then it might leave behind most of the impurities. just a thought. never had experience with smoke damaged buds -Keepz

G

Green Supreme

Butane carries sulphur and mold, pretty sure it will carry the smoke damage too. Enter at your won risk, may be going from bad to worse. Peace GS

T

TheRealBoss

that sucks man. I agree - I am not sure you will be able to eliminate it.

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Not that this helps but..

How did the fire start? So we can all learn here.

B

budmeister

Even though I put the fire out myself, I called the Fire Department because I thought some neighbors might call them from smelling the smoke. The Fire Marshall said it looked like an oscillating fan failed. Living Accents brand (cheap Chinese product). Of course, the fire department called the sheriff. However, they just did a document report and did not confiscate any plants. Glad I had all the legal docs on file for our collective.

J

Jalisco Kid

I would make some bubblehash. Then think about extinguishers for my room. JK

J

Jalisco Kid

I would make some bubblehash. Then think about extinguishers for my room. JK
Edit: And I would only use it myself,keep it out of the collective.

Aerojoe

Aerojoe

Sorry about the loss, but I was wondering how did the oscillating fan failing cause a fire? short circuit and sparks?

Top Bottom