Snapped Stem!!! advice needed

• Thread starter MadBuddhaAbuser
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MadBuddhaAbuser

ok so anyways, i went up to one of the od girls i had goin, and upon checking it out i noticed a nematode-ish elbow growth in about the middle of her. although it looked dry and woody so i was a little concerned but not too bad, then when trying to do a little bit of lst, i was a little bit shaky and managed to SNAP the damn thing right in half horizontally. unfortunately it the top had a lot of branches and woulda been a nice addition to the yeild, so far i cut back the woddy bits and shaved the stem into and intersecting v shape, do you think this girl can make it or should should i just pull out the jar of olivia's and try to clone the hell out of her?

any help would be much appreciated.

L

Liberty_Seed

if broke use 2 popsicel sticks on each side and duct tape ..small break use a band aid dependig on size stem.
Clone it or replant the top and re-veg the bottom, I had an orangebud plant that you couldnt kill that broke like this & recovered fine.

M

MadBuddhaAbuser

i think the plant top might be too big to replant, its about 18 inches or so and im on a tight time schedule due to weather and all that stuff. in the field i ghetto rigged a twig and a hairtie i just happened to find. ill defintly keep an eye on her.

bigherb

bigherb

Farmer
dont sweat it you should be alright

you be surprised the survival of the fittest of cannabis has survived all these milleniums

wit my limited experience this recently happed to me but the top didnt fully detach i tied it wit som tape n wood splint n badaboom she healed herself

L

Lost

I broke one of my girls about 2 weeks into flower. Duct taped her up and she was good to go!

M

muxee

I totally snapped one of the main branches about half way through flower and I just used a popsicle stick and some green garden tape. She kept flowering all the way till the end, without any loss in size or flavor. These plants are amazingly strong. You shouldn't have any problems with her if you fix her up.

S

Skitzo

Heres a shot of a main stem break that I healed, taken about 2 weeks after she snapped.
Notice the "knuckle"? LOL
Not unlike a supercropped branch.

I just put the stick in for support and strategically tied her to it with pipe cleaners and she did the rest.

100 0819
S

sunsimulator

Heres a shot of a main stem break that I healed, taken about 2 weeks after she snapped.
Notice the "knuckle"? LOL
Not unlike a supercropped branch.

I just put the stick in for support and strategically tied her to it with pipe cleaners and she did the rest.

MEDIC !!!!!MEDIC!!!!! nice job bro ,, thats how it is done ,, !

brownstormy

brownstormy

Duck tape is king.
On breaks that happened early-mid flower, I found the once broken branches healed well and seemed to go into overdrive.
I'd break more of my ladies if I wasn't such a nice guy.

W

webeblzr

I like to keep a roll of very pliable wire, you can get at any DYI store. I spool of it is very cheap, nip a few inches and twist, it'll hold very well. I used to tinker around with Bonsi, and they use a very soft and very pliable copper wire to shape the branches , and hold around the roots.

Z

zorglub

I once had a mexican sativa from sensi growimg with two main stems like a y, playing soccer the ball accedently hit the plant from above and splitted the stem very deep, it was about 2 month old. Then i tried to inclose the wound witha doug made from flour and water. It was truly a succes, ..It was later stolen, 6 weeks from harvest, i had it in a big bucket,..but thats an other (sad) story

Zorglub

Latest posts

Top Bottom