Snot Like Substance Growing In Water Bucket?

• Thread starter Civicsi06
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Civicsi06

Civicsi06

Hey everyone! This is the second time so far this has happened. This snot like substance occurred within 3 days. I use this bucket with pH'd water and air stone to water my plant. The air stone is left on 24 hours a day. What is this snot like substance? Is there something I can add to the water to combat this? Is it still safe to use this water to water my plant? Anyone else ever had this problem? Plant is at 14 days (auto flower).

Untitled
Untitled1
Untitled2
Untitled3

mandalaman

mandalaman

What are you running in the Rez? And what's the temperature/pH? Do you notice a pH rapid rise as the snot forms ?

Civicsi06

Civicsi06

What are you running in the Rez? And what's the temperature/pH? Do you notice a pH rapid rise as the snot forms ?
The only thing in the rez is the water and air stone. The ph did rise from 6.4 to 6.9 the last two days. The water temp is at around 74 degrees.

Civicsi06

Civicsi06

What is your method of using and storing ph water for your plants? Could I just use a 1 gallon jug, fill it up with water and ph it then just store the water in a closet till I need to use it?

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Temp also has a small factor in ph. After 24 hrs, I'd recheck ph for piece of mind.

Looks like that air stone has pneumonia.
Lol

Peacefreedom

Peacefreedom

I'm having a similar problem. I have a 27 gal. container I fill just so I have water on hand. I have an air pump (cheap $10 Walmart fish tank pump) and the lines get slimy. I've been washing it out now every couple days with hot soapy water.

Tat2420

Tat2420

Are you using RO water?
What about a product like hydroguard or mammoth P to establish healthy bacteria in your res?
I ph to 5.8...that allows for a small swing.
Is light getting to your res?
I understand my questions may seem more hydro related but IMO may still be factors

Peacefreedom

Peacefreedom

Yes light gets in my res and the pH is about 8.5ish that's what comes out of the well even after the RO

StandingRock

StandingRock

What nutrients are you adding and in what order? Thats a precipitate forming as a result of nutrients mixing together outside their PH zones. Let me know what you are adding and in what order and I'll tell you where its going wrong.

Tat2420

Tat2420

I'm having a similar problem. I have a 27 gal. container I fill just so I have water on hand. I have an air pump (cheap $10 Walmart fish tank pump) and the lines get slimy. I've been washing it out now every couple days with hot soapy water.
Try using a small fountain pump or swamp cooler pump instead of the airstone. It will introduce air more efficiently and naturally than the air stone. It won't mess with your Ph, heat the water, or possibly introduce pathogens into the resevoir.

Tat2420

Tat2420

Try using a small fountain pump or swamp cooler pump instead of the airstone. It will introduce air more efficiently and naturally than the air stone. It won't mess with your Ph, heat the water, or possibly introduce pathogens into the resevoir.
I believe it's called waterfalling

Top Bottom