Snow Storm Ultra in a DWC set-up?

• Thread starter Baldio
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Baldio

Have any of you tried to use this product in DWC or other system where the reservoir is constantly aerated?:worried I got a free sample of SSU at the Hydro shop today.I will be running a DWC set-up this time and according to the manufacturer it can cause "undesirable" bacteria growth if aerated. According to the guy at the store and the info pamphlet this can be prevented by the addition of 35% H202 (hydrogen peroxide) at a rate of 1tsp per 20 gal of water. I have also heard of this being used in a foliar application.I do have a bottle of NutriLife 29% H202 that I could use if it does work.I also read that you can use it 2-3 days before your reservoir change but wouldn't you still have microscopic particles of the bad bacteria starting in your root system? I would appreciate any info you might have concerning this. Thanks, Baldio

L

Lost

Foiler it instead. I used to run it in the res but its cheaper to foiler it.. :)

B

Baldio

I don't even have my beans wet yet. I just made a run for supplies today to get ready and got a freebie bottle. Must be good Karma...Heheh. I will definitely be posting pics of my next grow Mr.G & I'm looking fwd to hearing what you all think! Also I will go with the foliar app like you said Lost. It makes the most since that way and you don't have the worries of "undesirable bacteria." Hey Lost, did you use a Wetting Agent? What rate did you mix it at for your girls?

M

Mr. Greenthum

Check this out for increasing ur yield if ur interested in it..

L

Lost

I have used it in my res, and last crop I foiliered it. I would have to read the bottle to figure out what I did. The stuff works great tho!

B

Baldio

Mr. G, It's funny you sent me a link to that thread cause I just read it a couple hrs ago. I had actually thought about asking you what you know about the FIM'ing technique which is the only one I didn't see on your post. I am familiar with all of these processes but you never know when you will learn something new! Also, Lost, the SSU directions I have call for 1-2Ml/Gallon for foliar apps about 2 weeks before finish. I will start out with 1/2 to 3/4Ml/Gallon just to be on the safe side unless I hear different from someone.

B

Baldio

Oh Heck Yea! That was a great post & tremendously helpful! Thanks a heap Mr.G! I will definitely be trying that out...

Top Bottom