SNS-203 Soil Drench Dosage?

• Thread starter ogplatinum
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ogplatinum

ogplatinum

What are people using as dosage for this product as a soil drench against root aphids, fungus gnats and shoreflies?

Bottle says 2oz (56ml) but thats seems like a SHIT ton of the concentrate for a gallon of water..

Thanks in advance...

I

ibTheMan

4 Oz's per gallon or 1/4 of the 16Oz bottle. 2 Oz's is considered the weak dose.

green punk

green punk

As a last attempt I poured it on straight and it didn't kill the RAs. It didnt even stress the plant. The other thing is if you fertilize within 24hrs of use it lessens the effectiveness of the clove oils. causes them to off gas or something

PrefersHam

PrefersHam

During my fight against root aphids I decreased my room to a 2x4 tent with all my plants in rockwool cubes. I was given two bottles of sns 203 to try I added them to my flooded 2x4 tray. I tipped over every plant so it was completely submerged for maybe 15 minutes came back and drained the tray. All I find is dead ruptured bodies. We have dissected several blocks and have found no evidence of living aphids. I think its a great product. If I could figure out how to upload pics I would show you my ra eradication process.

ogplatinum

ogplatinum

During my fight against root aphids I decreased my room to a 2x4 tent with all my plants in rockwool cubes. I was given two bottles of sns 203 to try I added them to my flooded 2x4 tray. I tipped over every plant so it was completely submerged for maybe 15 minutes came back and drained the tray. All I find is dead ruptured bodies. We have dissected several blocks and have found no evidence of living aphids. I think its a great product. If I could figure out how to upload pics I would show you my ra eradication process.

thanks man!

My girls still are a little wet from last flushing, so I just gave the top soil a nice spray down to kill the live ones (worked) and im going to drench them after they dry out nice and good. See how it works after the drench.

Im hoping this stuff works, i've heard mixed reviews. Such as one of ones above.

S

sfzoo

i used it how they recommended for fungus gnats, good stuff. knocked em back big time...i didn't reapply, so they came back.

ogplatinum

ogplatinum

i used it how they recommended for fungus gnats, good stuff. knocked em back big time...i didn't reapply, so they came back.

For sure, I havent even confirmed what I have as RA, but it really seems like it. This product says it covers that plus more. Im hoping to have enough to dose all my girls lightly, with a heavy drench then again in a week.

Does anyone know if i can add nutes to this?

Like drench for pests and feed at the same time? No?

PrefersHam

PrefersHam

No one i know has ever defeated these things in a soil plant i believe due to the lack of capillary action in these mixes. If i were you i would fill a five gallon bucket and completely submerge each plant for 15 mins. No nutes. Also ra's will climb out of the root zone to escape the drench they will climb your stalk. Apply tangle foot or something like it to catch em on their way up, also apply to sides of planters. After submergence coat surfacxe with diatomaceous earth. Also drop pyrethrin bombs everyother night. once a week submerging will not cut it aphids are born pregnant, the aphid inside them is pregnant, the aphid inside that is pregnant the aphid inside4 that is pregnant the aphid inside that is pregnant the aphid inside that is pregnantand so on. Its like putting a mirror in front odf a mirror it goes on forever. Also aphids produce eggs as a population when certain environmental signals are trriggered ie. shortened daylength hours and reduced over nights (flower room). this leads to incre4ased birth rate in the flower room leading to over populationm which leads to flyers. I have worked closely with local university plant pathologists and entomologists. This is not a short easy fight fighting root aphids in peat based mediums with an operating flower room is like trying to achieve peace in the middle east.

I am the only person i have met to date who has erradicated ra's without cutting down and restarting.

It is even more difficult in regions that dont have winters. Have fun SoCal hahahahaa.

Good luck.

PrefersHam

PrefersHam

For sure, I havent even confirmed what I have as RA, but it really seems like it. This product says it covers that plus more. Im hoping to have enough to dose all my girls lightly, with a heavy drench then again in a week.

Like drench for pests and feed at the same time? No?[/QUOT

No nutes. Worry about your root aphids. RA's are easily identified by two small bumps on their butts that look like fat antenna they are called cornicles however they dry up quick when dead. Catch a live one!!! also the wings of the fliers are tear drop shaped and very large compareed to their bodies.

ogplatinum

ogplatinum

Like drench for pests and feed at the same time? No?[/QUOT

No nutes. Worry about your root aphids. RA's are easily identified by two small bumps on their butts that look like fat antenna they are called cornicles however they dry up quick when dead. Catch a live one!!! also the wings of the fliers are tear drop shaped and very large compareed to their bodies.

What I have seem smaller than what your talking about...

I mean I cant catch one, i just crush them in my fingers, EVERYTIME! haha

Since i sprayed the topsoil with SNS triple strength solution i havent seen any flyers coming out of the soil. I think im going to just drench drench then start lightly feeding, and once a week drench with SNS-203 only to be safe.

I wanna at least fight these fuckers till harvest, these ladies are gems!

One thing im kinda trippin on is...if i already have flyers, wouldnt my plants be showing more than just the claw? Nicrosis? leaf death and yellowing? these ladies are slowed, but still moving along budding. the only symptom to report right now is the claw...and little flying fuckers in my soil.

PrefersHam

PrefersHam

ogp- try to snatch it out of the air loosely in your hand then shake the shit out of it open your hand. Repeat until you catch an un-crushed specimen stuck to a finger.

Also, if you are very experienced with the genetic you are growing and you are very in tune with your grow keeping thorough notes of all yields you will notice a decrease in yield.

When the aphids pierce the roots with their feeding parts the root generates reactionary cells costing the plant sugars and energy that should be bulking the buds my friend. Sad but true.

Peace Ham

ogplatinum

ogplatinum

ogp- try to snatch it out of the air loosely in your hand then shake the shit out of it open your hand. Repeat until you catch an un-crushed specimen stuck to a finger.

Also, if you are very experienced with the genetic you are growing and you are very in tune with your grow keeping thorough notes of all yields you will notice a decrease in yield.

When the aphids pierce the roots with their feeding parts the root generates reactionary cells costing the plant sugars and energy that should be bulking the buds my friend. Sad but true.

Peace Ham

Thats why i feel like im not too in the shit yet....The girls arent seeming to slow on the bud production. still stacking just fine. I feel like if i can hold em back and start in with some nutes next week (week 3) i can get these ladies to bulk up enough.

I do keep detailed logs, so we'll see the differences!

sealed138

sealed138

First Starfighter
Supporter
maybe you don't have root aphids. what size are they? adult RA's are around 1mm long. If they're truly tiny(.1-.5mm) and they're white and look like mites under magnification they could be hypoaspis miles(a beneficial mite to kill fungus gnats) . and the claw could be due to overwatering trying to kill the "RA's". only sayin this because its exactly what happened to me last week. I tried to kill them with all the conventional aphid treatments I could find to no avail, then started thinking I never saw a fat green/brown adult. they were white and the adults were still very small(hard to see move with the naked eye) they move fast when running on the pot also.

green punk

green punk

Get sticky cards to catch them, or look on top of your lights the flyers often end up dead there. Also, I know dude used the SNS 203 with success, I think success with that product is rare,(maybe depends on scale of garden)I used 3 galllons of the stuff, no luck. I filled a baby pool and let my square net pots w perlite soak for 48 hrs. It knocks em back. Will not kill them all. Get the Evergreen or ExciterR or another pyrethrium concentrates apply at 2 ml per gallon. Act fast, Time is not on your side.
Also read, The Root Aphid Bible

ogplatinum

ogplatinum

Thanks sealed and green punk.

After simply spraying the top soil with some really concentrated solution i dont see anything running for the edges of the pots as i move the top soil...

AS yoou said sealed, they are tiny and fast as fuck. Im going to let these ladies dry out hardcore, see if the claw eases up, then drench em again with the sns, let em dry out hardcore again, and start in with the bloom ferts...

that will be around week 5, so ill be behind majorly, but I feel like i'll still be able to do something with this round. The girls dont seem to be slowing with the budding at all, one girl is already puttin the trichs out.

MendoCruz

MendoCruz

No one i know has ever defeated these things in a soil plant i believe due to the lack of capillary action in these mixes. If i were you i would fill a five gallon bucket and completely submerge each plant for 15 mins. No nutes. Also ra's will climb out of the root zone to escape the drench they will climb your stalk. Apply tangle foot or something like it to catch em on their way up, also apply to sides of planters. After submergence coat surfacxe with diatomaceous earth. Also drop pyrethrin bombs everyother night. once a week submerging will not cut it aphids are born pregnant, the aphid inside them is pregnant, the aphid inside that is pregnant the aphid inside4 that is pregnant the aphid inside that is pregnant the aphid inside that is pregnantand so on. Its like putting a mirror in front odf a mirror it goes on forever. Also aphids produce eggs as a population when certain environmental signals are trriggered ie. shortened daylength hours and reduced over nights (flower room). this leads to incre4ased birth rate in the flower room leading to over populationm which leads to flyers. I have worked closely with local university plant pathologists and entomologists. This is not a short easy fight fighting root aphids in peat based mediums with an operating flower room is like trying to achieve peace in the middle east.

I am the only person i have met to date who has erradicated ra's without cutting down and restarting.

It is even more difficult in regions that dont have winters. Have fun SoCal hahahahaa.

Good luck.

I knocked them out first try with bug buster-o...in soil. I see a lot of people Using SNS and taking them out in one or two applications in soil...I do think that they are bad...But I do not believe that they are that crafty to out smart a good drench.

ogplatinum

ogplatinum

I knocked them out first try with bug buster-o...in soil. I see a lot of people Using SNS and taking them out in one or two applications in soil...I do think that they are bad...But I do not believe that they are that crafty to out smart a good drench.

I feel like just to make sure of everything ill line the inside edges of the containers above the soil with some sticky traps right before the drench, so all the little fuckers crawling away will be screwed!

I've seen a knock back after just a simple top soil spray down with SNS-203. So far so good.

Hoping to get these ladies back on track with the PH and the buggers after week 3, comin up quick.

Really wishing i had a PPM meter! So I could really see WTF is happening with my ladies!

MendoCruz

MendoCruz

I feel like just to make sure of everything ill line the inside edges of the containers above the soil with some sticky traps right before the drench, so all the little fuckers crawling away will be screwed!

I've seen a knock back after just a simple top soil spray down with SNS-203. So far so good.

Hoping to get these ladies back on track with the PH and the buggers after week 3, comin up quick.

Really wishing i had a PPM meter! So I could really see WTF is happening with my ladies!

I have an extra. It's set at .5 and not .7 so you will have to work out the conersion...But it's a start and it's free.

Goreface23

Goreface23

Will this 203 kill beneficial bugs and microbes in soil I use an organic living soil and believe I've spotted root aphids if this doesn't work after I harvest what I can I'll have to scrap it and start over

Latest posts

Top Bottom