Snype's Breeding Log with Friends!

• Thread starter Snype
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Snype

This log will be focused mainly on breeding. I personally haven't done a lot of breeding in my day but I have a close friend that has been breeding since the late 1970's that's going to do most of the work at a location that is specifically for breeding and testing only. My friend, who I will call "Mr. X", will oversee and control all the projects. Mr. X was working with Ben Dronkers and Carlos from Sensi back in the early days and has loads of priceless experience and knowledge. He focus's more on cerebral highs instead of couch-lock stones but we'll just have to see what he'll come up with. There is a strain that he created back in the 90's that was extremely cerebral and potent that he called "J1". I remember smoking it back in 1999 and the highs were very intense and I personally haven't seen anything like it. He talks about it all the time and we're finally in a similar place in life to try to bring this to fruition. A couple of weeks ago, he gave me thousands of Santa Marta Columbian Gold seed from 1974 to see if I can get any to germ and we'll see if I get lucky. He also gave me the rest of his J1 stock from 1999 to get started for him while he finishes up another project that he's working on. I'll be starting that for him this weekend and hopefully everything will go as planned! I'll take pics when I start germination. Stay tuned....

M

Morals

Sounds like a plan Snype. I wonder how those Santa Marta Gold will do inside. Bet they would be interesting in a Nor Cal greenhouse. This seems to be the year of making seeds,I'm making thousands myself out here.
Keep us posted.

O

ojd

wow bro santa marta gold seeds from 1974

im hoping they sprout for you

im all ears and eyes on these projects you got going on
good luck

peace

johnursery

johnursery

sub'd im working with a more recent SMCG id love to see its ancsesters

S

Snype

Sounds like a plan Snype. I wonder how those Santa Marta Gold will do inside. Bet they would be interesting in a Nor Cal greenhouse. This seems to be the year of making seeds,I'm making thousands myself out here.
Keep us posted.
To what my boy "Mr. X" says, they won't do much indoors but they will be excellent for taking some males to breed with. He used them back in the 80's but the later stock got taken from a raid. They'll probably do a lot better in a Nor Cal greenhouse. That's really dope that you got a lot of projects going on. Good luck with all that and I hope that you have a great year!

wow bro santa marta gold seeds from 1974

im hoping they sprout for you

im all ears and eyes on these projects you got going on
good luck

peace
What's up Connoisseur it's good to see you active over here. I was thinking of trying out some of your Chem Jones this week so I took them out of the fridge but I probably won't germinate them until late week. Actually I was wrong, the Columbians are actually from 1973. I'm hoping that they sprout too but I'm having problems with them. There are slim signs of life with them but maybe you'll have some better ideas. On Friday I tried 3 different methods for trying to germinate them and when I looked in the paper towel 24 hours later, I was almost happy until I opened the towel. There was action that happened but it was very strange. It looked like the root tip on 3 out of 30 of them tried to come out but it was all mush. I've been told with old seeds that this can happen but I haven't heard of any solutions for this. I tried a few different solutions including, SuperThrive, Chlorine and H2O2 but still can't get them to not come out mushy. The next thing I'm going to try today is I'm going to gently cut the part of the seed where the root tip comes out to try to make it a little easier for them but I would love to hear any ideas that you may have for seed that is this old. It's good to see you here and I hope that you have a great year!

sub'd im working with a more recent SMCG id love to see its ancsesters
That's really nice that you have some SMCG! How recent is it? Can you explain the structure of the plant and how it grows, what they look like, taste, potency and type of high that it has. Pictures would be nice if you have any. Sounds nice, thanks for stopping by!

johnursery

johnursery

the one i have is reefs SMCG im not sure how recent it is but its the same SMCG that went into his love potion thats the main reason i got it...a good amount of variation which is what i was expecting and hoping for, long leaves, ive only sampled immature buds ive trimmed while pruning but what i have had gave a lemongrass taste, heres a couple pics but these were grown for seed not for meds so there not pretty lol also they were pollinated as soon as they started flowering so they havent been putting in much energy to bud or resin production...
good luck with your seeds bro

Thin long then frosty
SMCG
Heavy pheno
Thinnest leaves pheno
eyecandi

eyecandi

The next thing I'm going to try today is I'm going to gently cut the part of the seed where the root tip comes out to try to make it a little easier for them but I would love to hear any ideas that you may have for seed that is this old.

the best luck I've had with old seeds is to scarify very lightly along the edge, pre-soak (RO+Sthrive+kelp) for a few hours and then planting directly into premium soil, with a heating mat underneath. I've had old seed take almost 2 months to germ, a pain but can be worth it for sure.

M

Morals

How's it going with those Santa Marta Gold seeds? Hope you got a few to pop. I bet if you crosses a male of that to the straw cough monsta then backcross a time or two it could be sick!
Hope all is well.
Peace.

S

Snype

I've tried to germinate around 200 SMCG seeds but nothing has worked yet. I have to put the project on hold for a few weeks while I build a new grow that came my way. After that I'll continue back on the Columbians.

How's it going with those Santa Marta Gold seeds? Hope you got a few to pop. I bet if you crosses a male of that to the straw cough monsta then backcross a time or two it could be sick!
Hope all is well.
Peace.
Yeah that would be dope if that worked out! Mr X wants to cross the Monsta to the J1 to add some more potency to her and try to keep the strawberry flavor. We'll see what happens.

T

TheBudFather

Easy Snype... :O)

Sounds like your having loadsa grow fun bro...! Some exciting stuff to be fair!...

I'm no Cannabis Jedi or anything :O) but...With your stubborn seed problem.... I 'd use some extra fine sandpaper & skuff the seeds all over (maybe put some in a matchbox lined with sandpaper & gently shake for a cpl mins)... I'd then rub down somewhat the tip and the rim of the seed (where it splits)... obviously try not to rub down too far, but try to take away the outer shell around the shells rim.
Good luck with whatever you do bro! :O)

A cool guy/breeder, passed me a few cuts a lil while ago...I grew out a few Exodus Cheese & SSSDH since I seen you last... All were monsters :O)
Cheese's came down a cpl weeks back & the SSSDH are coming down tonight... they're smelling beautiful... So, I've been smoking my head off for the past week or so... Happy as a pig in shit!

Hope all the Snype family are happy & healthy!

Peace!

S

Snype

Nice to see all my friends on the farm!!!. You put a smile on my face! I hope all your dreams are working out and you all are happy! I'm not on that often at the moment cause I refuse to have internet at home cause I get myself into a lot of problems but that'll change soon. In a couple of months, I'll be here 24 / 7. Take care and happy growing!

springer20

springer20

No broadband but you own loads of houses / 70 grand generators and warehouses

Hmmmmmm .... Nice guy but a bit of a bad liar !!!'

Grow up .... Your threads over at ic were laughable ...... 5 years of bull crap 100 kw grows and talking about buying and selling millions of dollars of shares every day

I mean .... That thread was ridiculous .... Did you honestly expect people to believe you trade millions of dollars of shares every day but feel the need to ruN a 4kw grow in a shit hole house !!!!!!

Pathetic ...... Compulsive liar .... And let's face it ...... A kid with a wild imagination ......... Wake up dude !!!!!!!

Your making the farm a laughing stock by posting your crap over here too

You got banned from ic because your a total looser . Yummybud2 !!!!!!!!

D

Don Ganja

No broadband but you own loads of houses / 70 grand generators and warehouses

Hmmmmmm .... Nice guy but a bit of a bad liar !!!'

Grow up .... Your threads over at ic were laughable ...... 5 years of bull crap 100 kw grows and talking about buying and selling millions of dollars of shares every day

I mean .... That thread was ridiculous .... Did you honestly expect people to believe you trade millions of dollars of shares every day but feel the need to ruN a 4kw grow in a shit hole house !!!!!!

Pathetic ...... Compulsive liar .... And let's face it ...... A kid with a wild imagination ......... Wake up dude !!!!!!!

Your making the farm a laughing stock by posting your crap over here too

You got banned from ic because your a total looser . Yummybud2 !!!!!!!!
Why are you trolling my man Snype? Your entire post is the definition of internet trolling. Sounds like you followed him from IC mag just to harass him.
Maybe he doesn't want internet at his house because he grows there and doesn't want it traced to him.
You sound jealous and I feel bad for you. Good to see you hear Snype,keep on keeping it real and let the haters keep on faking the funk.
Peace.

Top Bottom