so another timer...

• Thread starter Radio_Dread
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

Radio_Dread

well woke up this moring to find out my pc of shit timer has been not workin. the past 2 day i am guessing, it has been turning the light off at 830 instead of 930 then turning the light back on at like 915 til 930 when its suppose to go off. like i said this couldn have been going on for more than 2 days cos i was just down there the other morning doing some cleaning till the light went off at 930....so any chance them 2 days are going to fuck anything up? i was so pissed. the timer got mashed as soon as a saw that and immediatly replaced. sorry for the rant just really pissed right now..........

Skunkmasterflex

Skunkmasterflex

Premium Member
Supporter
thats sucks bro, im sorry to hear that. id probably run a 24 off, then start back up on your real 12/12. just my opinion cuz iv had that happen a few years back and thats what i did. as far as if anything is messed up from it, it probably depends on what strains your workin with and how finiky they are. if it was only a 2 day max mess up im thinkin you should be alright for the most part. in a few days look through most of the flowers and check for nanners, thats the only thing i could see going wrong homie, good luck bro. hope your all good :)

W

Worddd

hey radio dread, that sucks man, sucks that such a simple piece of ones setup can fuckup so much. I had an issue with a timer that died out on me in my current run, but was at the very start of flower, so didn't mean more than a few days delay, had been on 24 h insted of 12/12. How much damage your timer malfunction might have done I guess depends on how late you are in flower, strain and if your plants were in any way stressed allready, but I wouldn't think that your timer failure have had a seriously negative impact if not much more than two days, but that's just my thoughts.

Hope it works out cool
Worddd

R

Radio_Dread

hey thanks guys. i think it was only 2 days. yesterday and today. so i am hoping that is doesnt do much. i will def be on the look for nanners tho. i am 4 weeks in. Bubbleberry, bubblegum and KO kush, i have a thread if you would like to check it out. RD's winter DWC. thanks dude

RD

R

Radio_Dread

hey dude i took your advice and i am running a 24 hour dark period then starting my 12/12 again. will this put me back at all?

B

billybadazz

It's happened to us all and let me tell you it sucks. DON"T BUY SHITTY $20 TIMERS. after a couple timers failing me (little gray box, intermatic ones) I switched and never had a problem for over 3 years the model I use is grasslin GM-40 series. you won't be dissapointed except it costs $120 another option is the sentinal DRT-1 digital recycling timer I have both and love both of them the DRT-1 is about $100. hope this helps and yes if you ever light stress your plants 24 hours of darkness "erases" there memory and you can resume regular schedule many times with little to no ill effect in my experiences.

R

Radio_Dread

awesome thanks billy billy bad ass. thats good news to wake up too. they are now at the 12 hr dark mark now. the lights come on at 930 so they got 12 more to go.

JH420

JH420

That's great info re the 24 hour dark period! Cuz if you haven't yet run into timer troubles, you will...

My timer crapped out after 1 grow, actually had to cut my last few plants about a week sooner than planned.

Latest posts

Top Bottom