So Cal Breeder\Grower

• Thread starter Dr. Detroit
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dr. Detroit

Dr. Detroit

Hi fellow farmers. I'm called Dr. Detroit here in Southern California. I'm not entirely sure why, but when a name sticks you have to run with it...

I'm the house pro at one of the finest medical cannabis collectives in SoCal. Besides teaching those new to gardening, I grow certain strains for the collective and have breeding projects working with autoflowering Ruderalis' and cannabis with high-CBD ratios, along with a few more traditional projects.

Not five miles from here is Chapman University, where a professor is working on a parallel high-CBD cannabis. While she doesn't know of my work, I've personally challenged myself to stabilize my IBL before she can. The industry is currently shooting for a balanced 6% THC-6% CBD plant (my specific target), while the Chapman professor is trying to eliminate the THC entirely. (I don't have the heart to write to tell her that Canadian field hemp already has high CBD and virtually no THC).

I'm one of the few people in this country with a bit of funding behind me that's not controlled by government grants working with cannabis, and I feel very grateful for such an opportunity.

Much like DJ Short, I consider the breeding of cannabis to be an artform. Some may argue that my completed art isn't as beautiful as the art done through a medium such as oil paint or musical instruments, but I believe that its' ability to positively influence the beholder is just as great. My finest works of art may not cause Stendhal Syndrome, but their effect can be just as acute for the experiencer.

Cort

Cort

Welcome to the farm. Always good to have another brain to pick.

johnursery

johnursery

welcome, i like ur plant philosophy and look forward to reading more about ur projects

P

paulycali

Nice to meet you! You sound like an great addition to the family farm. I Look forward to seeing you around

G

Greengramps

Welcome

Hi Dr. Detroit, Hope you get whatever your searching for. I'm searching for better in everything that I do. I love the growing and changing of the Ladies as they mature. You are so more advanced than I but I'm interested in learning more about the Passion Flower I care about. Looking forward to your threads. Have fun at whatever you do. Peace and Happy Growing. GG :rollj::420:

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Hi fellow farmers. I'm called Dr. Detroit here in Southern California. I'm not entirely sure why, but when a name sticks you have to run with it...

I'm the house pro at one of the finest medical cannabis collectives in SoCal. Besides teaching those new to gardening, I grow certain strains for the collective and have breeding projects working with autoflowering Ruderalis' and cannabis with high-CBD ratios, along with a few more traditional projects.

Not five miles from here is Chapman University, where a professor is working on a parallel high-CBD cannabis. While she doesn't know of my work, I've personally challenged myself to stabilize my IBL before she can. The industry is currently shooting for a balanced 6% THC-6% CBD plant (my specific target), while the Chapman professor is trying to eliminate the THC entirely. (I don't have the heart to write to tell her that Canadian field hemp already has high CBD and virtually no THC).

I'm one of the few people in this country with a bit of funding behind me that's not controlled by government grants working with cannabis, and I feel very grateful for such an opportunity.

Much like DJ Short, I consider the breeding of cannabis to be an artform. Some may argue that my completed art isn't as beautiful as the art done through a medium such as oil paint or musical instruments, but I believe that its' ability to positively influence the beholder is just as great. My finest works of art may not cause Stendhal Syndrome, but their effect can be just as acute for the experiencer.
Oh, do it. Welcome.

Trippy that someone at Chapman is doing any sort of work on cannabis, I thought it was an ultra-conservative, ultra-Xtian type of college.

Dr. Detroit

Dr. Detroit

Oh, do it. Welcome.

Trippy that someone at Chapman is doing any sort of work on cannabis, I thought it was an ultra-conservative, ultra-Xtian type of college.

Oh, Chapman is very much uber-Nazi in their approach to everything. There's a reason that they'd like to eliminate all THC: it's the part that people enjoy, and enjoyment is decadent to these Puritanical types.

If there's one aspect of conservative society that's universally prevalent it's the desire to limit your freedoms because they conflict with their perceived ideals of virtue. There's always been a strong desire in this country for the minority to legislate morality for the majority, and that's our biggest shortcoming as a nation.

Fortunately for us the most creative people are the true driving forces of our culture, and they're rarely static enough to be conservative in any way. I many not have a staff of undergraduate slaves to do my work for me, but the assistance that I get from my comrades is priceless, in the form of inspiration. Creativity will always trump education. Always.

E

ent

Welcome to the farm. Your project sounds interesting. I'd like to see you create a thread about it. What genes did you begin with? How many generations have you worked so far? What are you using to test THC/CBD ratios with? How far have you gotten? When the line has been stabilized what are your plans with the genes?

Good luck. Stay safe.

Dr. Detroit

Dr. Detroit

Welcome to the farm. Your project sounds interesting. I'd like to see you create a thread about it. What genes did you begin with? How many generations have you worked so far? What are you using to test THC/CBD ratios with? How far have you gotten? When the line has been stabilized what are your plans with the genes?

Good luck. Stay safe.

Honestly I'd have to omit too many details for the thread to be very interesting...

There's a proprietary aspect to this all that I'm trying to protect, you have to understand. I can personally identify quite a bit about a plants lineage by a cursory visual inspection, so I'd imagine that that skill is fairly common around here too. I'd rather not reveal my base genetics, therefore.

I can answer some questions though: I get everything tested by an outside lab that we use (http://www.thewercshop.com), but that's only after selections in the filial generations. They use liquid chromatography, which is supposedly more accurate (I'm not a chemist).

I had gotten as far as a promising f2 generation, but every back cross that I attempted beyond that point was a waste so I changed tactics and began the long process to isolate a male p1 again. I have faith in my female p1, but she needs a man worth her time.

My work is supported by a collective, of which I am one of the legion. I started as a tomato hobby breeder, but was convinced to turn to cannabis because it can actually help people. I'd like to be able to stabilize an IBL eventually in both of my main projects, but even the vetted losers in my garden all go to our members so they're doing some good.

Other than that I can't get too far ahead of myself. No use dreaming about how to dispense your produce before it's even planted.

C

chechero

I would love to know more about your CBD strain!

B

bluemoonrocks

Welcome to the farm man! Im real interested in what youre going to bring to all our plates here in the new future,

good luck to you brosef!
:D
Kill them Nazis'!!!!

kushluvr

kushluvr

Welcome Dr.Detroit!

Im originally from Orange County, I love it there and I im visiting there in a couple of weeks....Hello Sunshine!!!!!!!!

Sounds coooool what your up too bro, cant wait to hear more about it!

peace,
KUSH

P

PAPADUCK

Sounds like your realy comitted glad to have you. This site is the place to be, hopefully you can continue some more info on your progress , without compromising your collective.

PD

K

kingneddy

can u give me info on working for a farmer?i want to work as a clipper or any other work i could get from the emerald triangle.

T

txhunter

Im in tx and would sure like to mail order some completed art.

F

froggy

Your work sounds very interesting. Looking forward to your posts here at the farm. Welcome!

MarijuanaBaybee

MarijuanaBaybee

welcome to the farm look foward to seeing the work's

:harvest:

Top Bottom