So Confused On Soil Ph...please Help

• Thread starter HumbleNewbie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Hey everyone,
I’ve read numerous posts on this forum and am more confused than ever. My plant seems to have a magnesium deficiency week one into flower. I am in 7 gal geo pot with subs super in bottom 40% topped with mix of coast of Maine stonington and happy frog blend. I run water through small boy to dechlorinate. I added 2 tsp roots bloom terp tea to base so far. I also did a watering using slf-100 to see if it helped. Only other additives I’ve added to water are mammoth p every other watering and suite leaf cal mag. Today I ph’d my water to 6.5 before watering and tested runoff. It came out at 7.1. Any suggestions are appreciated.
you mention 1st week of flower,imo,subcool mix is great,coast of main line is even better,you have locked out your p or k but feeding nutes,there is enough in that pot with both combinations to just feed water,feed um water only is my call,subs mix has all the minerals for your frost your looking for,plants still look great i think,but force feeding them is gonna send you into a wreck,just my opinion hope it helps

H

HumbleNewbie

you mention 1st week of flower,imo,subcool mix is great,coast of main line is even better,you have locked out your p or k but feeding nutes,there is enough in that pot with both combinations to just feed water,feed um water only is my call,subs mix has all the minerals for your frost your looking for,plants still look great i think,but force feeding them is gonna send you into a wreck,just my opinion hope it helps
Greatly appreciated

Madmax

Madmax

Bingo..

H

HumbleNewbie

Greatly appreciated
See that’s what I thought. That mix and the stonington are supposed to provide enough nutes. I can see boosting and feeding beneficials but not much beyond that. I was also thinking the Slf-100 occasionally just to help alleviate any build ups and assist in the uptake of nutes.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Tips on slurry test? H20 to soil ratio?

Slurry Test:

2 parts distilled or RO water to one part soil. Mix them together for a couple minutes then let it sit. Wait 10-15+ minutes and then mix it again. Wait another 10 minutes and measure it with your ph meter. This should give you an accurate reading of your soils ph.

The bluelabs soil ph pen is nice to have. It’s about $130 on amazon. It will test your soil directly or even your nutrient solution. You can use it for slurry testing as well. Best $130 I’ve ever spent. I have a cheapo $15 amazon ph meter and it’s ok but not very accurate. I never use it anymore since obtaining the bluelabs soil ph pen.

H

HumbleNewbie

Slurry Test:

2 parts distilled or RO water to one part soil. Mix them together for a couple minutes then let it sit. Wait 10-15+ minutes and then mix it again. Wait another 10 minutes and measure it with your ph meter. This should give you an accurate reading of your soils ph.
Thank you

Madmax

Madmax

I reckon hed get 2 different readings though JWM2 seems there is 2 layers of soil used and would have to take sample from bottom for slurry test.well thats how im thinking .
Im just curious to know what you think on that..

Cheers max

H

HumbleNewbie

Slurry Test:

The bluelabs soil ph pen is nice to have. It’s about $130 on amazon. It will test your soil directly or even your nutrient solution. You can use it for slurry testing as well. Best $130 I’ve ever spent. I have a cheapo $15 amazon ph meter and it’s ok but not very accurate. I never use it anymore since obtaining the bluelabs soil ph pen.
I actually have that pen..

Madmax

Madmax

Hey dude.where you got that sub supersoil from did they have teas that can b used in veg ,early flower and late flower..we have them for our super soils and no till mixes.just thought maybe they could reccomend something like that if you needed it..

H

HumbleNewbie

Hey dude.where you got that sub supersoil from did they have teas that can b used in veg ,early flower and late flower..we have them for our super soils and no till mixes.just thought maybe they could reccomend something like that if you needed it..
I made the supersoil. Yes, I have the roots Organics bloom terp tea.

Top Bottom